Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

Good stuff. Keep us posted.
    Now that I'm I've only the blast I'm going to smother it with love.
    When I had the Naomi wedged in beside it the aluminium legs really marked it :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm still watching out for an affordable 2p control panel for my Awsd, no joy thus far, the guy who had his business plan up on Jamma+ seems to have disappeared, or at least not updated the thread in some time.
    I need it for Robotron!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm still watching out for an affordable 2p control panel for my Awsd, no joy thus far, the guy who had his business plan up on Jamma+ seems to have disappeared, or at least not updated the thread in some time.
    I need it for Robotron!

There's a guy in the states doing them now. I've got some repro stickers and stuff from him not too long back. I can vouch for him, he's the real deal with amazing attention to detail.

www.jasenscustoms.com

urbanledge wrote: »
    When I had the Naomi wedged in beside it the aluminium legs really marked it :-(

Will do. Have the chassis off for a service so want to get that back and tested before stripping the cab.
    Trying to decide between two shades of white for the paint. Waiting on samples to decide properly.

Then strip it all down and off to the bodyshop.

I've beenn taking loads of photos too so plan and putting a slideshow together of the process when all done .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You didn't sell the E2 did you? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

check out the sit down VR Racing one of the guys on AO got. (actually while you're at it, check out his whole games room arcade :eek:)

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27385

he must has a serious pain in his hole fixing them every week!
    I just emailed snap printing about getting some side art for my blast printed,
    should be interesting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As a Virtua Racing junkie I endorse this collection

he must has a serious pain in his hole fixing them every week!
    I just emailed snap printing about getting some side art for my blast printed,
    should be interesting!

Getting the size and colours right will be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got given a decent laptop with a broken screen. Anyone ever mame one for a cab?

Would heating up be an issue? Considering the blast city has a decent amount of room in it

Or would I just be better off building a little PC?

• Advertisement

Just got given a decent laptop with a broken screen. Anyone ever mame one for a cab?

Would heating up be an issue? Considering the blast city has a decent amount of room in it

Or would I just be better off building a little PC?

I've done it, for my IKEA cab and it worked fine.
    Just make sure you stick a fan in there, I used a cooling plate, USB powered and got it on eBay, has a network of fans in to keep lappys cool during use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Maybe strip the laptop down to parts and install on a bit of MDF?
    Would help with the cooling a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I'll figure it out

I'll order an ipac then and get her sorted.

Hyperspin be a bit too much on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Depends on what the laptop has, as regards processor, memory, video etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Gonna get a stereo amp for the egret and get some amp ups for it, anyone know what amp ups go in the egret they are different than the Sega NNC ones, also they don't seem to have the CP pinout on the otaku wiki. http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Egret_II

@Steve SI did you get a stereo amp for your egret 3?

safetyboy wrote: »
    Gonna get a stereo amp for the egret and get some amp ups for it, anyone know what amp ups go in the egret they are different than the Sega NNC ones, also they don't seem to have the CP pinout on the otaku wiki. http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Taito_Egret_II

@Steve SI did you get a stereo amp for your egret 3?

No I didn't. Been meaning to but not got around to it.
    It's plug and play on the Egret 3 I think and just a tiny but more required for the E2.
    I think Andrew got one for his Atomiswave so he might be able to talk about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah I have the Taito Stereo Amp here - not sure if you are talking about the exact same one safetyboy or hooking up some sort of generic amp? There's info at the bottom of that link re: hooking it up to an E2.

Have a look at this thread from shmups also, there's more info about E2's not being 100% Jamma (maybe won't have any affect on the boards you'll be playing) and some info about speaker wiring:
    Also, does anyone know why the "SPEAKER -" is split? I figure that they go to 1 speaker each, but then why aren't the "SPEAKER +" from the JAMMA split as well (for mono/PCB usage)?
    The negative of the L speaker is wired to both the jamma L pin and the stereo connectors F/P, that's why the wire is split. The positive of the R speaker is wired (through the volume pot) to the Jamma 10 pin when the sound switch is set to mono and to the stereo connectors F/P when the switch is set to stereo, that's why the wire doesn't need to be split. The negative of the R speaker is wired to the positive of the L speaker when the switch is set to mono (speakers are wired in series). When it's set to stereo the 4 wires from the stereo connectors are wired to the respective speaker tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Was in ballyfermot college for an inteview, I haven't been there in a year and a half but the cafeteria has a black 2 player MAME cab now with NEO-GEO 20th anniversary art on the side of it, so if any you fancy sneaking in.
    I didn't get too close to it just seen the side panels and CP but I'm assuming its just a MAME cab.

I just ordered a cap kit for the blast city.
    I'm sweating already thinking about installing it !

I'm having an issue with the brightness/contrast flickering a bit and grant reckons its a cap on the neck board.
    So I'm going to do the whole thing while I have it out.

Might finaly get around to getting the 31k side working too.
    Considering putting a mame set up in it via JPAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jayus dude take a rest and enjoy your work on the DK cab :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 janefisher

Was in a bar the other night and they had the arcade version of street fighter 2 i have to say it was alot of fun playing it most the night

I know man im a hound for punishment.
    I wont have the cap kit for a week or two hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

janefisher wrote: »
    Was in a bar the other night and they had the arcade version of street fighter 2 i have to say it was alot of fun playing it most the night

Which bar was this? :-D

Master of the Universe

Probably Cassidy's I'd say. They have a LCD'd cab in there with SF2 running on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

"LCD cab".

Ok... trip cancelled. Thanks.

Did a bit of work on the Blast city today!
    I was having an issue with the brightness flickering ever so slightly so I changed a cap on the neck board.
    no improvement.
    So I swapped out the remote board for a spare I had and its all 100%! flaky pot.
    I also think I've sorted the clicking monitor,its the yoke vibrating so i giggled it about and prodded it with a chopstick now its silent.:D
    will this last?I dont know.I bet if I move it it'll be back.
    Anyway heres a few snaps of the "Happy cat arcade" with all machines 100% for the first time!(aka in between faults!:rolleyes:)

2014-05-10+13.26.37.jpg

2014-05-10+13.26.20.jpg

I also picked up this guy for the pinball along with the latest software.
    he sits over the werewolf orbit lane.Scary stuff!

IMAG0549.jpg

(the fleshy thing you see on the right is a fake nose!theres a blinding strobe light under it so I had to dull it somehow,I want to but a skull over it when I find one but for now the nose will do!!!)

Master of the Universe

A guy over on AO went to Japan and took a million photos in arcades. He must have photographed every arcade machine in the country :eek:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115728775503355209493/albums/5929750981108450945?authkey=COTrpoeez_jI-QE

o1s1n wrote: »
    A guy over on AO went to Japan and took a million photos in arcades. He must have photographed every arcade machine in the country :eek:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115728775503355209493/albums/5929750981108450945?authkey=COTrpoeez_jI-QE

Nice row of Egret II's in one of those pics.

IMG_2711.JPG
    mad old guy!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

mr-miyagi-resized-600.jpg?t=0

Advertisement