Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit, can't find a local supplier of Egret/Atomiswave 2 player control panels anywhere.
    Anyone here got one or a blank for sale or trade?

Local would be hard but there is this :

https://www.jasenscustoms.com/Arcade-Control-Panels/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, sell all my n64 stuff and use the fundage for the panel, sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

See it looks like they're sorting shipping some of that big Japanese game centre cab find to the UK?

Here are the prices. I'm not sure of currency though. I think it might be USD (In which case these are a steal)

Aero City:

Working: 500 (Green: 600)

Not Working: 200

Astro City:

Working: 500

Not Working: 200

Namco Consolettes:

Working: 1200

Not working: 600

Here's what he has. I still can't believe it's so many!

Aero Cities:

Total: 42

Working perfectly: 21

Working Fine with minor/moderate Monitor issues: 12 (Like, Monitor is dark/color faded)

Working but Monitor is dead: 6

Not working: 3

Non-Standard Control Panels: 27

Astro Cities

Total: 6

Working Perfectly: 3

Working but CRT is dead: 2

Not working: 1

Non-Standard Control Panels: 2

Namco Consolettes

Total: 7

Working Perfectly: 2

Working Fine with minimal/moderate Monitor issues: 3 (Monitor cycling verticaslly, or colors are off. I believe most of these can be fixed via the CRT knobs)

Unknown: 2 (We couldn't open them OR drill them. Might sell as is, or find a locksmith)

afaik thats usd, and he said prices are likely to rise though as his still waiting on a price of shipping a container to the uk. I've my name on an aero should this come to pass and the prices are reasonable, was thinking of getting some one across the water to store mine and getting a van and the ferry over to pick it up, if it does come to pass and anyone wanted to share the costs we could arrange something. Will see how it plays out.

Master of the Universe

afaik thats usd, and he said prices are likely to rise though as his still waiting on a price of shipping a container to the uk. I've my name on an aero should this come to pass and the prices are reasonable, was thinking of getting some one across the water to store mine and getting a van and the ferry over to pick it up, if it does come to pass and anyone wanted to share the costs we could arrange something. Will see how it plays out.

I hope it works out, can't say I've heard of anyone in the country with an Aero. Gorgeous machines.

By the way did you see Ronnie has a Pony table?

Feck sake, what's with all the amazing cabs coming out of the woodwork?? :eek:

Table.JPG

• Advertisement

As much as I'd like to loose the head and buy one of those I'm saving myself for another pinball.
    Do those big group orders ever work out tho?

its unlikely but ya never know, the prices will probably treble when shipping costs etc are added but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahhh FFS...who got these.

http://www.donedeal.ie/businessopportunities-for-sale/old-arcade-game-machines/7120472

Just spotted them and rang him 2 mins ago and he says the phone is hopping the last 2 hours but there is someone on the way now to collect all of them for 400 euro.He'll ring me back if there are left:(

Who is it?? someone here surely..Mitch???

What A deal..20 of them for 400 euro.
    He told me they are in a storage container so You could even juut rent the container of him and pick em up at your leisure maybe??
    What a find..WHAT A FIND

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hope its mitch.. bargain.

• Advertisement

Absolutely...They look like they are caked in dust but what a bargain.
    Who ever it is, please give me the house of the dead Cab.

Arghhhh I blame the world cup opener...F**kin took my eye of the ball. I know i would have seen the Ad otherwise.

Master of the Universe

400... for 20 arcade machines?

That can't be real? 20 quid a pop???

Excuse me while I pass out.

So he rang me back...I can go on saturday to see see them.
    I cant make it tomorrow as I'm working.
    He says he has one person to see them tomorrow and he's looking for pure cash but wont let em go to him until he sees me.
    He says he'll let em all go for money in hand straight away.
    Anyone of you folks near kildare tomorrow and they can drop in to inspect , ring me and ill deposit 400 into their bank straight away and we are winners

Machines for the whole forum

Master of the Universe

By the way, that Namco red topped cab behind Virtua Space is Time Crisis.

TIME CRISIS.

TIME CRISIS FOR 20 EURO AND I HAVE NO SPACE.

/throws himself under a car.

Master of the Universe

118124218360.jpg

He seems legit..He has them in a building site and just wants rid as its getting knocked to the ground. 15 in a container and 5 in a shed.

Collecting them over time is no issue he says.

Ha! I'm in Kildare ;-)
    I don't know if I'm interested tho!

IS ANYBODY HERE AROUND KILDARE TOMORROW.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
    :)

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Ha! I'm in Kildare ;-)
    I don't know if I'm interested tho!

20 EURO!!!

• Advertisement

Urb would ya drop by and have a look??
    ya can ring me and we'll sort something out if the batch looks half decent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Lads, if ye miss out on this I'll be very disappointed. Oh, and if it does work out and an additional home is required for a cab, I can oblige (even a crappy broken one). Plenty of space on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have money to burn and car to travel tomorrow if someone is interested in going in on this :D

Interested means calling the lad and organising the visit if they are still there tomorrow after 6pm

I'm not finished till 10 pm.
    I told him I'd ring him first thing am as I may have mates to check them out before sat.
    This man is interested in hard cash only and I'd say he'll let them go to the first person with it but he said he would wait for me...obviously in his own interest as he can drive up the price in the meantime.
    I've money ready to go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Well I've no space but if anyone needs a hand, be it moving them or what not give me a shout

Hopefully someone here picks them up and there not just flipping for huge profits elsewhere, any idea what the rest of the cabs are?

So..........
    cabs eh?
    I dont think I'd take one unless there was some original looking woodies .
    Is someone going over later ?
    I'd go for the craic........with cash........and an empty car.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might go up for a gander with Kerb, if only to oogle at things I'd be divorced for owning.
    If I got one I'd have to give up the AWSD and, realistically, that isn't going to happen.
    Unless there's a Robotron cab there.......

ciderman im in the same boat.
    I just told the missus yesterday I'll be getting more pins ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Where in kildare is he? I'm in athy, wouldn't be home from work until about 9 though.

Advertisement