Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

2 astros is too much for one man
    You should pass one on :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

ones a mates and were gonna fix up the 2 together and maybe pass one on, it will be a learning experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'll have to keep an eye on this. I've been thinking about putting a cab together. I had originally planned on building my own, but lately I've been leaning more and more towards just buying an old battered cab, repairing it and throwing a PC in it.

I'll have to keep an eye on this. I've been thinking about putting a cab together. I had originally planned on building my own, but lately I've been leaning more and more towards just buying an old battered cab, repairing it and throwing a PC in it.

That's how it starts, you'll be collecting PCBs in no time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,154 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

but lately I've been leaning more and more towards just buying an old battered cab, repairing it and throwing a PC in it.

That's actually the cheaper (and more authentic way) of doing it.

Just make sure you keep the original arcade monitor rather than using an LCD. It's a huge part of the experience :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

safetyboy wrote: »
    sound fella, he's open to offers on everything, pacmans not his though. I wont tell you what I paid for the astros as you will puke. :)

I'm going to hazzard a guess of €100 each?

€150 for the 2 as one had the screen rolling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »

Just make sure you keep the original arcade monitor rather than using an LCD. It's a huge part of the experience :)

There is nothing like throwing in a 24" 16:9 Widescreen LCD into those cabs - really brings out the lines of the cab :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

o1s1n wrote: »

Yeah, I've started to come around to that idea myself. I have an old LCD that I'm not using for anything, but I've been thinking about putting the Dreamcast in the cab too and using it for the light gun games, so I'll probably end up going down that route.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lol not far off. Fair fecking play to you! Some bargain man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,154 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/Barf

Is there an market for the mahjong boards and controls? Ive no idea what they are tbh :)

Bargain of the century, and he wanted 700 for the space invaders!
    I'd be interested in that Pacman if he was selling it, had he any PCBs?

I've a Defender machine I'm thinking of shifting, Its incomplete, the side art isn't bad, the marque and bezel isn't too bad either, but the bottoms had some water damage and the graphics are missing from the front panel around the coin door.
    I don't have the original PCBs, CPanel or monitor. There is a 21" polo in it, JAMMA PSU, New JAMMA loom and a 19in1 Williams Games. I've got a multiwilliams control panel overlay, leaf switches, etc but needs to be put together.
    Anyone hazard a guess what it might be worth?
    If I get rid of this I'll be looking for a cocktail to tide me over if any of them are floating about I'd be interested in one.

Cathal Id ask on J+ or Vac
    thats gotta be a sought after cabinet and the multigame adds to the appeal for the non collector

Edit
    get that cocktail on adverts its a beauty

only a cheap generic 19in1 not a jrock, I don't think its in good enough condition anyone would bother shipping it across the water.
    If I had space I'd consider restoring myself but I've owned it 15years and that space has never appeared so I'm not holding out much hope it ever will.

one on adverts? I only see a defender and a load of repos with LCDs
    That virtual on was in Mitch's place a couple months back

ones a mates and were gonna fix up the 2 together and maybe pass one on, it will be a learning experience :)

I've a couple of spare 2LB6 panels for these if your interested, pretty ok condition a bit of lifting at the bottoms iirc but stick a loom on then and ya'd be all set.

I've a couple of spare 2LB6 panels for these if your interested, pretty ok condition a bit of lifting at the bottoms iirc but stick a loom on then and ya'd be all set.

any way of opening the cp without the sega key?

8mm drill bit

Yep, drilling it out is the easiest method, just get an appropriate drill bit and try centre it as much as possible on the lock, have them off in a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement

Start with a smaller bit if it's the type with the round key.

getting excited about this now, might get them powder coated too.

I didnt even check if the mahjong is jamma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

So finishing work in 10. Has anyone touched base with the man with the cabs in Kildare.
    He texted me to say all still available??

urbanledge wrote: »
    Lads I rang him,
    sound fella
    Said he has an offer of 1800 for the lot unseen

What your Man Paul from Kildare...FFS I knew this would happen.
    He's bull****ting and trying to raise the price due to interest he's received.
    I'm calling him now

Maybe. I didn't talk money at all after he said that. Not in a position to buy but I'd like them to go here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What your Man Paul from Kildare...FFS I knew this would happen.
    He's bull****ting and trying to raise the price due to interest he's received.
    I'm calling him now

Any luck with him?

Ahhh yeah I was talking to him..

Blah blah blah.. He said. "I said I hold them for ya but some lad is coming tomorrow and offering me 1500"
    Pure shyt3 but sure we shall see what happens.
    I said that's well above my limit and good luck 400-500 was the deal and you'll have that first tomorrow I promised you that and good luck if ya get 1500 your mad.
    He's now noticed interest and thinks he's on to a winner FFS.

Fair play man.
    What time you going over?

If every one here does nought and doesn't go down and offer
    Him 50, 100, whatever for a few nice cabs he'll get Agitated and hopefully sell the lot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

If every one here does nought and doesn't go down and offer
    Him 50, 100, whatever for a few nice cabs he'll get Agitated and hopefully sell the lot:)

I'd be interested in a cab if you are selling them on....

If you purchase I assume he wants them taken away soon after so where are you going to store them all? Maybe rent a small warehouse ~200-300 per month with no security. a secure storage company like elephant storage is going to cost double.

Loads of cheap warehouse space in Dublin Industrial Estate, we could make an arcade club like those guys up the north :D

Advertisement