Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Thats actually a great idea, I'm looking to store my defender and maybe my pinball too for the guts of a year anyway, till I move somewhere bigger.
    Could get something like here for €200/month.
    If we got 10people that would be a fiver/week.
    Would be a great place to do restore work, weekly meets, etc.
    Couple of old couches and a beer fridge:pac:

Went over for a look.!
    All massive machines.
    Have some pics will post when I get home. Nothing special tbh.
    There is a magalo tho!
    Could only open 2 cabs. Virtua space is gutted. No chassis even. Time crisis looks complete.
    House of the dead broken mmirror.
    All the others are too bet into the container to open.
    Mostly drivers. Shooters maybe 2 jamma cabs.
    Not a whole lot there lads tbh :-(

So no one purchased?

Nope.
    I might go back for a jamma cab tho.
    A small silver line. It was buried deep tho so would be a pain to get it out. He's gonna ring me if he's splitting. Apparently a member of the traveling community was storing them there and he has disappeared. Stuffs there a year+
    No house friendly cabs really. The virtual space would be a good mame cab but it's massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wasn't somone here looking for a Megalo?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wasn't somone here looking for a Megalo?

kevin2me I think.

Crappy pics but its all i could get.
    20140614_153106.jpg

20140614_152841.jpg

20140614_152854.jpg
    I think there were two 50" rear projectors.The Vtennis one and the one off the megalo in the back right.I couldnt really see it but I think it was a megalo.
    The virtual sound cab had neogeo button layout.
    The one beside the vtennis has a weird cp with about 30 buttons per player?
    some sort of gambling game i'd say.
    There were 3 of the California speed cabs and 2 shooters in the container.
    one was maximum force.

looking again it might not have been a megalo but the bench off the vtennis

Thats actually a great idea, I'm looking to store my defender and maybe my pinball too for the guts of a year anyway, till I move somewhere bigger.
    Could get something like here for €200/month.
    If we got 10people that would be a fiver/week.
    Would be a great place to do restore work, weekly meets, etc.
    Couple of old couches and a beer fridge:pac:

I'll look after that pin for you:D

urbanledge wrote: »
    I'll look after that pin for you:D
    We'll see, I don't really want to move it from the house as convincing herself to let it back in might be a struggle :eek:
    I think an arcade club could be good if we could get hold of a warehouse/room for really cheap, charge €20/month membership and non members €10 if they want to come along for an evening/day of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'd be all for helping to fund that. Imagine having our own arcade for the beers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I'd go for that too, would be great to have a place to work on cabs as well as play them!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

sign me up for that too. would rates be charged by the council on that warehouse? Also light and heat, optional insurance, security etc..
    You would probably need around 10 people paying 100 per month but maybe less. Seriously, is anyone interested in organising this?

Master of the Universe

I'd be on board with this too. I guess the biggest question would be the location

Yea Naas would be good.

So anybody going for the job jot of cabs?

sign me up for that too. would rates be charged by the council on that warehouse? Also light and heat, optional insurance, security etc..
    You would probably need around 10 people paying 100 per month but maybe less. Seriously, is anyone interested in organising this?

We could definitely get somewhere for €200-250/month, there is loads of places around if we hold out for the right venue. elec would be extra but commercial rates are cheaper I think. I'd imagine we could look into insurance if we think we need it depending on location, most commercial premises I've looked at in the past for other ventures have usually had intruder and fire alarms. Anywhere within driving distance of the M50 would be nice. I think there is enough interest here.
    I'd bring my defender and pinball down along with a spare couch I have, there would have to be a few rules, I wouldn't fancy someone opening one of my cabs up and switching boards, I'd have no problem in them being turned on and played whenever people felt like it tho, but this could all be ironed out when we have the numbers/loaction

www.daft.ie/5111934
    This place looks interesting

So anybody going for the job jot of cabs?
    do-it.png

Ha ha that won't be happening.
    Might buzz him during the week and see what's happening. Would hate to see them get scrapped :-( but there mostly too big for me.
    I'm on a mega pinball buzz atm anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahhh its a shame..I thought we could be onto a winner there:(
    I had a feeling they'd all be whopper cabs, but thought there would a few sega rally's or Daytona's in the mix. I wanted that house of the dead cab.

But sure after talking to him I feel hes's desperate now and we can just take our pick.
    What the hell is Virtua space by the way??? I've never heard of the game

Ahhh its a shame..I thought we could be onto a winner there:(
    I had a feeling they'd all be whopper cabs, but thought there would a few sega rally's or Daytona's in the mix. I wanted that house of the dead cab.

But sure after talking to him I feel hes's desperate now and we can just take our pick.
    What the hell is Virtua space by the way??? I've never heard of the game

i believe its a generic cab for naomi stuff.
    it has a virtua striker CP on it

When did you ring him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

i believe its a generic cab for naomi stuff.
    it has a virtua striker CP on it

When did you ring him?

There on hold ....

I was just gonna post and say when will some crazy ****er like Mitch come along and get them!

Master of the Universe

Did you guys see that Ronnie is hoovering up that huge Japanese arcade find?

More Aeros for Europe!

There on hold ....

Good stuff Mitch,
    Im glad your taking them as they were heading for the tip I reckon.
    No much there for me but if you need a hand loading them some evening give me a buzz.(will work for jamma cabs :D)

More Aero's for Europe!

I'm surprised Mitch didnt :P

More Aeros for Europe!

At top dollar I bet!

At top dollar I bet!

You can be certain the price will probably treble at least, shame really would have been nice to get a group buy going.

Master of the Universe

Will be really interesting to see what the Consolettes are listed at. They're rare enough (and these ones look to be in great condition) but they're definitely an acquired tasted and I doubt many folks would want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

can you stick up pics o1s1n as otaku the likes are blocked here in work

• Advertisement

Will be really interesting to see what the Consolettes are listed at. They're rare enough (and these ones look to be in great condition) but they're definitely an acquired tasted and I doubt many folks would want one.

Offered me one around three years back for 800, probably talking double that now, they certainly are an acquired taste, on the fence about them myself.

Advertisement