Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm not Waveform! :( Doge is Waveform!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Star Lord wrote: »

No, Waveform has left. He decided retro wasn't for him. This Doge person is just some blow in ;0)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Reveal yourself A&R invader! Actually, it's 'damo diablo' or something?

Name and avatar changes should be banned (especially doge ones). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can I change my name to Waveform just to confuse matters further?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very sorry Damo! An honest mistake, all this username change has me confused!

I will always be Jack Burton!

• Advertisement

Very sorry Damo! An honest mistake, all this username change has me confused!

I will always be Jack Burton!

No better name sir! Everyone loves Jack Burton, and those that don't, well they need to learn!

Did up a quick 3D size test for the Point Blank machine. It's a fairly tall fecker(208cm in height) but I reckon it should fit ok beside the Ridge Racer and not look mental(Ridge Racer is the thing covered by the sheet).
    Once it's against the wall it should look ok.

Xuah7L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve SI wrote: »
    Did up a quick 3D size test for the Point Blank machine. It's a fairly tall fecker(208cm in height) but I reckon it should fit ok beside the Ridge Racer and not look mental(Ridge Racer is the thing covered by the sheet).
    Once it's against the wall it should look ok.

Xuah7L.jpg

That looks... oddly photoshopped or a picture that has been over processed HDR style.

It's like... it's really there against the backdrop of your kitchen wall but then it hits the floor and it's like... nope... I'm a crappy cardboard cutout.

Very strange looking altogether.

So how much did that cab end up going for in the end? Is that the one from Grimtree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MrVestek wrote: »
    That looks... oddly photoshopped or a picture that has been over processed HDR style.

It's like... it's really there against the backdrop of your kitchen wall but then it hits the floor and it's like... nope... I'm a crappy cardboard cutout.

So how much did that cab end up going for in the end? Is that the one from Grimtree?

It's only a 3d size fitting/test :)

I'd put that game on no continues/hard straight away,
    you'll get more enjoyment out of it in the long run!

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »

Haha, as EnterWizard said, that's because it is (Well Photoshop and Sketchup). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Haha, as EnterWizard said, that's because it is (Well Photoshop and Sketchup). :)

One more coffee to go please! Thanks...

Master of the Universe

Looks like you've loads of empty space there Steve_SI! Ridge Racer, Point Blank and a line of candy cabs would look amazing... :)

Master of the Universe

I was at BYOB in Bray bowl last night and it looks like they're trying to fix up their machines. One of the Electrocoin Duet's has an LCD in it now (the horror!) but the other one looks like it's after having a cap kit done. The last time I played it, the monitor was in a dire state. Now it's perfect!

They also moved them to a spot which is a bit more hidden away, so it allowed me time to mess about with them a bit :D

There's an MVS board in one of them. I had my suspicions that it was probably one of those yellow 60 in 1 MVS carts.

Powered it off and on and low and behold, I was right! The 60 in 1 cart menu popped up.

Obviously there was only one game I could change it to... :D

IMG_20140807_230706487_zps5dfc5bdd.jpg

IMG_20140807_224720312_zps0663aa1f.jpg

Those Electrocoin Duets hold a dear place in my heart. Everything I know about Street Fighter was learned on that model cab

could you not hold down start to get back to the menu?
    any pins up there?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Those Electrocoin Duets hold a dear place in my heart. Everything I know about Street Fighter was learned on that model cab

Didn't Quirkeys on O'Connell St. have a load of those Duets back when SF2 was all the rage?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Didn't Quirkeys on O'Connell St. have a load of those Duets back when SF2 was all the rage?

I'd imagine so, yeah. I remember down the back of Quirkeys there were tons of cabs with several different versions of SF2 all playing.

They're a beautiful machine, I'm just not too fond of that more vertical button placement!

Is that your can of tinker juice in the pic?

• Advertisement

They're a beautiful machine, I'm just not too fond of that more vertical button placement!

That wasn't a standard layout, the ones I remember had the traditional 6-button layout

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    could you not hold down start to get back to the menu?
    any pins up there?

:eek:

Completely forgot you could do that!

No pins no, not sure why really. Would get lots of use. Can't say I've ever seen a pin in there at all in the last 15-20 years.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd imagine so, yeah. I remember down the back of Quirkeys there were tons of cabs with several different versions of SF2 all playing.

How was the button layouts on them for Street Fighter?

Any Duets I've seen with original CPs have had really funky button placements.

o1s1n wrote: »
    How was the button layouts on them for Street Fighter?

Any Duets I've seen with original CPs have had really funky button placements.

I'm certain the ones I remember playing back yonder had the traditional 6 button layout. Keithgeo might remember, he played those same machines too

Master of the Universe

Is that your can of tinker juice in the pic?

Hah, it is indeed! Now that you mention it, they seem to be in most of the photos I took

IMG_20140807_223531318_zps5a2711cd.jpg

Stay classy :D

Looks like you've loads of empty space there Steve_SI! Ridge Racer, Point Blank and a line of candy cabs would look amazing... :)

Well I'll be adding another candy to the mix at some stage this year if something nice pops up. That'll bring it up to 5 machines then. Probably enough until I eventually get a dedicated arcade room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

It's mad to think you can have far older cabs arrive from the Netherlands without any issues, yet a Blast couldn't even make it from the UK without a borked monitor.

Or even a lickle PVM! :(

Hah, it is indeed! Now that you mention it, they seem to be in most of the photos I took

IMG_20140807_223531318_zps5a2711cd.jpg

Stay classy :D

I'm no light-gun games expert, but there looks to be a fair bit of cheating going on there holding the gun that close to the screen! :pac:

Just played a round of golf via neoturf master,
    class game.better off setting the difficulty to 1 and the wind stays low making the game playable in the later rounds!
    I really do love the blast city tho.
    gotta get me a street fighter for it

Great fun alright I'd say....

tumblr_m830gqXFdo1qed41xo1_500.jpg

Looks like I'll be welcoming a Point Blank cab into my home in the near future courtesy of our friendly neighbourhood arcade man Mitch :)

You've made the right choice sir!
    Point Blank is a very fun and varied shooter.

Man is this thread hard to keep up with!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well I'll be adding another candy to the mix at some stage this year if something nice pops up. That'll bring it up to 5 machines then. Probably enough until I eventually get a dedicated arcade room :)

Excellent! Any candy in particular take your fancy?
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm no light-gun games expert, but there looks to be a fair bit of cheating going on there holding the gun that close to the screen! :pac:

Oh yeah, that's weird, it does look like that! Weird trick of the light. Trust me, definitely not the case :p

Advertisement