Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did folks see Ronnies email? :eek:

Someone get that E2!

This newsletter keeps you up to date for sales of Japanese candy cabinets and other hardware, if you dont want it, just unsuscribe...

Regards, Ronnie

UPCOMING CANDY CABINETS

OKTOBER 2014 :

TAITO EGRET 2
    TAITO EGRET 3
    TAITO VEWLIX
    SEGA AERO
    SEGA ASTRO
    SEGA NEW ASTRO
    SEGA NEW NET CITY
    SEGA BLAST CITY
    NAMCO CONSOLETTE
    NAMCO NOIR
    NEW DELTA
    SNK MVS-U4
    SNK SC19-4
    SNK SC19-2

SEGA BLOCK PEOPLE
    WANGAN MIDNIGHT 3
    CASTLEVANIA

The above cabinets will be available in october 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did folks see Ronnies email? :eek:

Someone get that E2!

This newsletter keeps you up to date for sales of Japanese candy cabinets and other hardware, if you dont want it, just unsuscribe...

Regards, Ronnie

UPCOMING CANDY CABINETS

OKTOBER 2014 :

TAITO EGRET 2
    TAITO EGRET 3
    TAITO VEWLIX
    SEGA AERO
    SEGA ASTRO
    SEGA NEW ASTRO
    SEGA NEW NET CITY
    SEGA BLAST CITY
    NAMCO CONSOLETTE
    NAMCO NOIR
    NEW DELTA
    SNK MVS-U4
    SNK SC19-4
    SNK SC19-2

SEGA BLOCK PEOPLE
    WANGAN MIDNIGHT 3
    CASTLEVANIA

The above cabinets will be available in october 2014

I emailed him back saying I'd take the E2 if it wasn't already booked. As long as it's in decent shape of course.

But I'd say it's well booked up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve SI wrote: »
    I emailed him back saying I'd take the E2 if it wasn't already booked. As long as it's in decent shape of course.

But I'd say it's well booked up :)

I'd say it's up for grabs. I think he only advertises ones that are genuinely available.

Nice list!
    I wonder how much there going to be!

Master of the Universe

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalls! Had to happen eventually, didn't it? Stupid bike fell over and hit the side of it! :(

Wouldn't mind if it was on the other cab, but the pony is just so damn white it really jumps out.

IMG_20140824_153120781_zps171b98b6.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah ****. A battle wound

Master of the Universe

Serves me right for leaving a bike beside it I guess! :(

I covered it up with some white chalk for now. Will just bury my head in the sand until the chalk eventually wears off again :pac:

Serves me right for leaving a bike beside it I guess! :(

I covered it up with some white chalk for now. Will just bury my head in the sand until the chalk eventually wears off again :pac:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uni-PC-3M-Posca-Paint-White/dp/B0037XNNWE/ref=sr_1_1?s=officeproduct&ie=UTF8&qid=1408892746&sr=1-1&keywords=white+paint+pen

Master of the Universe

Never heard of them, will pick one up and check it out, thanks!

I actually managed to find the chip of paint - my dad is a painter and decorator and can get any colour made up in the place he buys his paint, so maybe that might be a solution.

Normally there's no way I'd retouch but argh, it really does stand out like a sore thumb. Which is fairly impressive given how small it is!

On a happier note, I got those arcade info book things straight from Rancor in Japan.

I was worried that they'd only be a couple of pages as the content wasn't shown, but thankfully there's a bit more to each one than that. About 15 pages in each one.

All in Japanese of course, but some interesting diagrams/measurements nonetheless.

2_zpsd29ac2b0.jpg

DSC_0848_zps08653c48.jpg

DSC_0851_zps118286d9.jpg

3_zpse9ebe5fb.jpg

DSC_0852_zps69dcc2ed.jpg

DSC_0853_zpsccc2cfd3.jpg

DSC_0854_zps27d3294e.jpg

DSC_0855_zps39220bf5.jpg

DSC_0857_zps03db8f73.jpg

DSC_0856_zps4b2fe58b.jpg

DSC_0858_zpsef2c2589.jpg

DSC_0859_zps0887ba96.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Must not buy moar arcade machines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll talk to my hardware support guy, known to you by his secret agent name Kerbdog, and try and rehabilitate it before nailing the lot to a piece of board and stick it in the cab.

A plan that sounds like, yes....

Tell the other children what was wrong with it Ciderman :)

I'm gonna try out this Raspicade folks speak of, B+Pi needs a little testing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Tell the other children what was wrong with it Ciderman :)

Apparently, all this time, the CPU's heat sink fan was unplugged from the psu, and that was why it was going Doink! randomly.

So, it means I potentially have a PC with extra muscle to be deconstructed and bunged into the cab.

Non-frameskip Cave goodness ahoy!

KeRbDoG wrote: »

I'd recommend replacing the video and artwork with something a bit better, the default stuff is a bit rubbish.
    I did up a slightly better intro video for it and used a backdrop from Hyperspin for the default wallpaper.

So, did a quick video of Raspicade running on the Egret 3. Still needs a bit of tweaking and the NeoGeo roms have stopped working!

Also not sure why the Pi is reporting a power issue(the coloured square in the top right corner), so that's something i need to check out.

From using it a bit I think if the developer isn't going to update the version of MAME then it's best if you don't have the full romset as some of the games have sound issues that come with that version of MAME(037b5). So a favourites list would work well with games you want and have confirmed play well. But I'm still impressed with what you can get the Pi to run. More tweaking and a newer version of MAME would be awesome.

The intro/loading video i did isn't great but if anyone wants it to replace their Raspicade one let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Wow that looks pretty good, If there becomes a cheap simple 15khz adapter will deffo be putting a rasp pi in mine.
    Be nice to hide those Terminal windows too

Wow that looks pretty good, If there becomes a cheap simple 15khz adapter will deffo be putting a rasp pi in mine.
    Be nice to hide those Terminal windows too

Yeah it's not bad. The whole boot up process is hidden by the loading/intro video. Should be easy enough for the developer to hide the screens that popup when loading/exiting an emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is the sound delay inherant to the Pi or is that the fault of whatever you used to record it?

MrVestek wrote: »
    Is the sound delay inherant to the Pi or is that the fault of whatever you used to record it?

That seems to have happened after uploading to YouTube. There is some sound issues with some games, but it's more distortion than delay, and that comes from the version of mame used. You can hear it in a couple of the games I loaded up.

That seems to have happened after uploading to YouTube. There is some sound issues with some games, but it's more distortion than delay, and that comes from the version of mame used. You can hear it in a couple of the games I loaded up.

Heard that in Outrun alright. Still seems cool though!

• Advertisement

I think I figured out the power issue I'm having on the Pi.
    I need to enable the USB 1.2A hidden setting for th B+ board as otherwise it defaults to 600mAh.
    Will test later.

Would you recommend picking up the B+ board over the standard model Steve?

MrVestek wrote: »
    Would you recommend picking up the B+ board over the standard model Steve?

Yeah, well it’s the same price as the normal model B card so sure. I mean, more USB ports, more GPIO pins(while retaining full compatibility with existing GPIO placement), much better power management and more juice going to your USB ports, connections now on 2 sides rather than 4 sides of the board, 4 mounting holes instead of 2 or none depending on which previous version you have, MicroSD instead of normal so it’s not sticking out of the end of the thing. And they say it’s the exact same processor as the older boards but people are reporting slightly higher results when testing the CPU(but only slightly).

It’s a nice improvement over the existing models of Pi, not earth shattering better but certainly the version you want to be getting if buying another one.

Master of the Universe

One of the lads over on AO is trying to put a list together of what candy cabs folks have. Should be interesting to see what's floating around globally - go register your cabs! :D

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28488

One of the lads over on AO is trying to put a list together of what candy cabs folks have. Should be interesting to see what's floating around globally - go register your cabs! :D

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28488

Has he included an option to input your full home address and what times of the day you're away?

:)

Master of the Universe

Robbing cabs would have to be the worst return for financial gain versus effort in the history of burglary :D

Robbing cabs would have to be the worst return for financial gain versus effort in the history of burglary :D

Where Candy Cabs live, other tasty treats are sure to be near :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Help needed!
    I have my new Mame pc ready to go.
    Hooked up the VGA cable into the J-PAc, just to see, and all I got, after the initial boot screen, was angry clicking and no image.
    Tried plugging it directly into the trisync monitors vga input in the cab and, after the inital bppt screen got the same.
    Any thoughts on what's up?

have you the jumpers set on the jpac?

• Advertisement

I'll check, but shouldn't the PC just run the monitor as is, given it's a trisync?

Advertisement