Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Impressive that they finally cracked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They finally cracked the Seibu Raiden 2/DX encryption????????

Am I dreaming or did I just read that?????

It only took 21 years!! :D

I wonder does this mean we can finally revive Zero Team boards? It's a Seibu game which uses the same PCB as Raiden II but the battery on it is a suicide battery.

It's also not working in MAME due to this encryption issue.

Feck, I wonder could this also mean Raiden II hacks to save the high score on the PCB?

So many possibilities :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just playing them there, look fantastic!
    It'll be nice to have them there on the cab.
    Might have to put in a Raiden specific selection in Hyperspin, for when I just can't wait!

Master of the Universe

Holy christ, how have I never heard of this 2011 piece of ****.

Just look at those character models. LOOK AT THEM.

It's the prerendered 90s all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ Why do all the enemy soldiers look like NFL players?

Master of the Universe

Remember those interesting doujin arcade book things that Rancor posted up for sale recently enough? Well, Paulie from AO scanned them all up :)

He emailed me over the scans there today, if anyone would like them shoot me a PM with your email address. They're all in Japanese, but interesting nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

1656005_10154705112125165_2006879867335637452_n.jpg?oh=d8e7f3b815b200e00f8dff851d8dca00&oe=54C79224

Master of the Universe

*****!

o1s1n wrote: »
    *****!
    what was in my head exactly,
    Not my pic, a friend took it when they went to some abandoned adventure centre type place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

airmax87 wrote: »
    what was in my head exactly,
    Not my pic, a friend took it when they went to some abandoned adventure centre type place.

So he brought it home and gave it a warm bath?

eddhorse wrote: »
    So he brought it home and gave it a warm bath?
    I would have, I wonder does "rolling start" play in a haunted spooky way at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

sure it's been posted but wondering about this : http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/taito-topspeed-classic-driving-game/3183837

not a fan of topspeed but wondering if it could be converted into an outrun cab ? anyone here knows more about this cab ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

LongZ wrote: »
    sure it's been posted but wondering about this : http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/taito-topspeed-classic-driving-game/3183837

not a fan of topspeed but wondering if it could be converted into an outrun cab ? anyone here knows more about this cab ?
    From what I can tell it should once you get hold of an outrun PCB, both use the same monitor anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ronnie got some goodies on the go

NEW AVAILABE CANDY CABINETS :

Taito Egret 2

Wiring : Jamma
    Condition : Good, some small usewears
    Original Screen is in good condition, no visible burn-in in game
    Price : 1095 euro

Optional :
    - shippingcosts Europe : aprox 175 euro
    (depends on postalcode/country)
    - new stepdown converter (300 watt) : 59 euro

Taito Egret 3

Wiring : Jamma
    Condition : MINT! , (check pictures, this E3 looks like it just came out of the factory!)
    Original Screen (Hitachi/Weiya) is in good condition, no burn-in
    Price : 995 euro

Optional :
    - shippingcosts Europe : aprox 175 euro
    (depends on postalcode/country)
    - new stepdown converter (300 watt) : 59 euro

https://rklokcom.email-provider.nl/web/eajlb4ypxd/nz4dovoqmm/lssvhkykpm/olwhxrvk_k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Yeah, that egret 3 really does like mint. Might be some convergence on the monitor. Bottom of screen.

Master of the Universe

There hasn't been a new candy bought by anyone here in aaaaaaaaaages. Someone do it :D

I want a JuBeat

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    I want a JuBeat

The most antisemitic game in existence? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I've no room in my apt for anything else. think the floors are about to give way.

• Advertisement

I know it's a bit pricey but a mint cab means no time or cost getting it to look mint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh if I had the money right now ... that sega cab!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd be very interested in that E2 if I hadn't bought an iPhone 6 and Pebble Steel this month :(
    I think if I got another candy I'd move on the Point Blank machine as it's a bulky fecker :)

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119533.0.html

anyone seen this ?
    Might give it a shot and throw my emulation box in it.

God I'd love that E2 but not gonna happen this year, someone buy it and sell it to me next year when I move to a bigger place!
    Just looking at the pictures there, that E3 is pretty tasty too.

Sell me your pinball .
    Then youd have money and space :)

urbanledge wrote: »
    Sell me your pinball .
    Then youd have money and space :)

The fear is if I got rid of it I'd never be allowed put anything in its place, that and I really like it, spent so much time to get it playing perfect I don't think I could sell it even if I wanted to.
    Would love to strip the playfield, remove the mylar and clear coat it some day though

Time Crisis 5 coming to arcades. 18k for the deluxe version. Two 55 inch screens!

http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/10/20/bandai-namco-amusements-announces-time-crisis-5-coming-arcades-2015/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    The most antisemitic game in existence? :D

:eek:

• Advertisement

Time Crisis 5 coming to arcades. 18k for the deluxe version. Two 55 inch screens!

http://arcadeheroes.com/2014/10/20/bandai-namco-amusements-announces-time-crisis-5-coming-arcades-2015/

Sounds like Urban and Steve will be applying for planning permission for that one!

Advertisement