Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He stuck it up in his work in progress thread on AO, no price.

I'd say its looooong gone. 29 inch Snk cabs like that are super rare. I've only ever seen a pic of one before.

And that's before we get on to the condition...!

Master of the Universe

Got that sweet machine broken down into it's parts and cleaned this evening. Needed to give it a boil and scrub seeing as there's food going into it. There was, of course, one obligatory spider!

I've non toxic enamel spray paint on the way from the UK and am going to respray the whole thing.

Going with white gloss and chrome. White to keep it in line with the two candy cabs. Might get an SNK sticker for inside the bowl :D

You can see that the chrome on the big piece beside the two metal rods is flaking and scaling a lot, so lots of sanding and priming will be needed.

Still, fun project, fairly straightforward too. Nice to work with something 100% mechanical :)

IMG_20141108_241401856_zpsf49e0f87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dude your fish's bowl needs cleaning.

Master of the Universe

Trick of the light, it's fine ;)

He's actually 5 years old and has made it through 4 house moves!

Bringing him from Clontarf to Bray in the car was nerve wracking. I couldn't put him on my lap as the water splashed all over the place, so had to hold the bowl in the air using my arms as shock absorbers.

Little bastard didn't even say thanks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

MrVestek wrote: »
    Dude your fish's bowl needs cleaning.

There's a goldfish in there? Jaysus I thought it was a stool sample.
    Rusty water and all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

He's probably looking out thinking "prick is scrubbing that bowl to eat sweets out of, meanwhile I've to live in this filthy one!"

Master of the Universe

He's probably looking out thinking "prick is scrubbing that bowl to eat sweets out of, meanwhile I've to live in this filthy one!"

:pac:

Could always combine the two?

FYUT1IIGYUY16QU.LARGE.jpg

Toaplan promo video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

WANT!

Master of the Universe

They're stupidly small and impractical for playing games and so expensive, but damn have I always wanted one for some reason! Look so slick.

Did some more work on the sweet dispenser (aka, my new candy cab :D). The middle part of the base was literally caked in rust where the bolts sat in. Managed to get most of it removed.

bottom_zps877cbbfd.jpg

Check out the flaking chrome on the middle part though! So much of it, just kept coming off. It went everywhere. I actually managed to get a chrome splinter in my finger. Eventually got it sorted though. Most of the other chromed parts were almost as bad as this :(

sandedmiddle_zps484e5f19.jpg

Picked up the spraypaints this evening and decided to get it primed.

So far so good, primer applied really nicely to the sanded steel. I applied the chrome straight over the old sanded chrome and it seems to have held up well. Still not perfect though (the can is much smaller so it lost pressure really fast! :()so I might resand it and chrome again.

Apologies for the crappy pics, thought they were better. You can see how clean the white looks though and how neat the new chrome paint is. The knackared piece in the above picture is in the black painting tray, all shiny and new!

IMG_20141111_230839258_zps292cebcd.jpg

Using a non toxic enamel called 'Plasti-kote' by the way. It seems like really good stuff.

454353_zps84ce1e0e.jpg

Rechromed dome!

chromeddome_zps4cb49976.jpg

Really interested in seeing what the white gloss looks like once I get it applied tomorrow. Will take some pics you can actually see once it's finished and reassembled :D

• Advertisement

Looking good, don't forget to clean out the fish bowl while you are waiting on the coats of paint to dry.

I see there's finally been some updates on Artcade kickstarter.
    Marquees finally shipped and some pictures on the proofing of the book
    https://twitter.com/woodpunk/status/532278472274870272
    https://twitter.com/woodpunk/status/532274491297386496

Oh there's mine!
    046c58dae351b5db9dffecac72a34aaa_large.JPG?1415608790

Master of the Universe

The guy must be delighted, I'd say the stress of what's happened to him is unreal.

Definitely, over year now since it was backed.

Looks like the marquees are being packed well anyway, lets hope he's not using parcel motel to ship them, them f***ers smashed a monitor on me the other day, I wouldn't mind but it was packed really really well and marked fragile, handle with care on all sides, looks like they played football with it

Master of the Universe

Sounds like what happened to my BVM :(

They should refund you though if you push them.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sounds like what happened to my BVM :(

They should refund you though if you push them.
    I was sending the monitor to another parcel motel user, I've already refunded them so I'm hoping they cover the cost of the sale. been at them for 3 days now, fingers crossed, I don't think I'd ship anything important with them again, lately they've been slow and everything arrives looking like its been dragged by the back of the van to its destination

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

They removed the parcel motel from athy where i live. replacing it with an "In store service" where you have to go into the garage and they have a tab they put your mobile number and code into to.

On twitter they claimed "the same great service just in store"

But the garage only opens 7-11 so it takes days for deliverys to arrive, before i would get texts during the night saying the parcel was in the motel. now though, because the garage closes at 11 they dont deliver until the next day or so when its open. pain in the arse, 3 days i was waiting from check in the depot to delivery. before that was only 1 day.

Master of the Universe

I wonder what the reasoning is behind that? Did the external one suffer damage?

My local Parcel Motel is beside one of the dodgier areas in Bray. I was talking to a guy who works in the Off License across the road and he said that that nobody messes with it at all. Once I heard that I thought you could literally put one anywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

There's one in a garage near me and I'm honestly surprised that no one has tried to attach it to the back of their car and drive off into the sunset with it...

Master of the Universe

Finished painting and reassembled. Really pleased with how it turned out.

Still quite like the idea of a blue SNK logo for across the bottom of the bowl.

SNK%20logo.png

Tried to pick up a few bags of Aldi imitation Minstrels to fill it up but they appear to no longer be on sale!

IMG_20141112_203724708_zps66786dc4.jpg

25343_zps521d5ba0.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind that? Did the external one suffer damage?

No it wasn't damaged or anything, maybe there just wasn't enough people using it in athy to warrant keeping it there.

• Advertisement

Parcel motel is slowly turning to ****.
    First the price increases, then the slowness of processing, then the damaged parcels, the PM delivery service is a joke, you can check your parcel into the locker and it wont even be collected for 3 days. Then they smash it up on you:eek:

*snip*
    oops, wrong tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Surprised people have had problems with them. Haven't had any so far really, bar receiving parcels where the sender hadn't put the PM number on it so it got a bit delayed. But besides that, been quite happy with them receiving and sending stuff. Already saved a fair bit sending it from there rather than An Post.

Where is Ronnie getting this stuff and who is he selling it to?

CV.jpg

What game's that?
    What odd looking guns!
    magic-wand-massager-with-hitachi-head-av.jpg

Castlevania arcade I think. More of a whip than a gun (or Hitachi)

Time to get cracking on that vigolix project.
    Also camera died before I could get a picture that was in focus.
    tumblr_nf7azrtfRz1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »

What beautiful balls.
    OzBSfsm.jpg

I'd take the chance and say that they look nicer than Steve's!
    dsc2867c.jpg

Advertisement