Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What beautiful balls.
    OzBSfsm.jpg

I'd take the chance and say that they look nicer than Steve's!
    dsc2867c.jpg

I dunno... I've heard good things about Steve's balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ehh, hmm.

Well my balls are available for inspection should anyone want to see how they look and feel in the hands. I now have colour matching things to cover the shaft as well, which is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve SI wrote: »
    Ehh, hmm.

Well my balls are available for inspection should anyone want to see how they look and feel in the hands. I now have colour matching things to cover the shaft as well, which is nice :)

Do you have any blue balls for us to inspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

3rnvk6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Lots of Darius Burst photos

http://gentukiban.nobody.jp/dariusac.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Usually the user formerly known as Pyongy posts as soon as Darius related stuff goes up....
    But then, with Player 2 on the way, he may he busy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I stuck the Mortal Kombat 2 pcb i have into the cab i got off Logie the other day.. works perfect, screen is good! was worried it might have been damaged in the transport. Here is a quick vid i did of my "Kitchen"

Tetris is off because the chassis needs a service, the colours are all off on it.

The cab beside the MK2 ive decided now to turn it into a 4 Player Teenage Hero Turtles.

Ill get another small cab in the new year and do it up as a Bubble Bobble.

The plan is to get a new kitchen etc in the new year and that is going to be a lounge area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Class Keith, pure class :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mine has to stay in the cold shed.
    Perfect oppurtunity to do the shed up, insulation, flooring , man shed !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Also have to figure out the 1943 pcb, flip the monitor, play with the colours. Sound is non existant too.

Cant find the pic of it.

Looks great Keith, do you keep them all on or power them up one by one or have some fancy surge resistant power?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had a fancy setup with remote control power switches a while back but my kid dropped the remote and smashed it. So at the minute I just have bog standard power extensions. 3 of them. When I get the kitchen done up I'll buy some remote control ones again.

Master of the Universe

I'm thinking about maybe getting a new candy for Capcom fighting games :)

The main issue is picking one that will fit the space and also go with the other two cosmetically. So that pretty much rules out most modern 29 inch ones.

Unfortunately the ones that would fit and look the part are annoyingly expensive and rare.

What do you guys think? Maybe an Aero City? Not exactly the easiest thing to find easier but at least still not as bad as some of the other stuff I've been looking at :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Chopped Naomi with a funky paint job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Chopped Naomi with a funky paint job ?

Oh I have one of those :)
    Wait no, I have two - I have the other one in a warehouse in work that needs putting back together. The CRT I think needs a little TLC, but other than that its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm thinking about maybe getting a new candy for Capcom fighting games :)

The main issue is picking one that will fit the space and also go with the other two cosmetically. So that pretty much rules out most modern 29 inch ones.

Unfortunately the ones that would fit and look the part are annoyingly expensive and rare.

What do you guys think? Maybe an Aero City? Not exactly the easiest thing to find easier but at least still not as bad as some of the other stuff I've been looking at :eek:

Interested in a blast city? :pac:

Master of the Universe

Interested in a blast city? :pac:

Was thinking about it alright! but it's far too big :( would look out of place beside the other two. Need something which has a 25 inch monitor max really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

She is a bit of a monster aright. Sounds like you need to get yourself a capcom cute ;)

Master of the Universe

They're interesting cabs alright, but the screen is just too damn small on them. :( Wouldn't want anything smaller than 25 really.

Check this out. Coolest bartop I've ever seen.

Would be great if he finished it off by getting the Astro CP overlay.

MGS003a.jpg

MGS003b.jpg

http://attractmo.de/miniaturized-astro-city-weve-waiting/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

o1s1n wrote: »
    They're interesting cabs alright, but the screen is just too damn small on them. :( Wouldn't want anything smaller than 25 really.

Check this out. Coolest bartop I've ever seen.

Would be great if he finished it off by getting the Astro CP overlay.

MGS003a.jpg

MGS003b.jpg

http://attractmo.de/miniaturized-astro-city-weve-waiting/
    I was actually browsing the "candy cab" tag on instagram the other day and seen your mans progresse with these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Officially the nicest bartop I've seen ^^

Master of the Universe

Looks like hes selling them too. The Astros are $900.

He said he'll take commissions and may put in a CRT if you really want one (and he can locate one)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

$900 for a bartop:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

$900 for a bartop:eek:

Aye, better off getting the real deal for that price.

Master of the Universe

Ah yes but time, effort and cost. Its 750 euro. So if the guy spends a week on one, plus parts, plus profit.

Its one of those things where the effort, cost and time might not be worth the sum of parts - but feck, they're damn pretty!

Give me the full size cab anyday for not much more. Bartops are gimmicks, the idea of playing a retro game designed to be played on a **** off CRT on a tiny cabinet with an LCD will quickley wear off when you look over at your proper cabinet all lonely in the corner.

Give me the full size cab anyday for not much more. Bartops are gimmicks, the idea of playing a retro game designed to be played on a **** off CRT on a tiny cabinet with an LCD will quickley wear off when you look over at your proper cabinet all lonely in the corner.

These are really aimed at folks without space or permission to have a full size cab. Or course a full sized cab is preferred but unfortunately its not an option for a lot of people.

$900 is a lot to pay though.

These are really aimed at folks without space or permission to have a full size cab. Or course a full sized cab is preferred but unfortunately its not an option for a lot of people.

$900 is a lot to pay though.
    Ah I know that, I meant that comment about people with actual cabs as o1s1n is sounding tempted there.

• Advertisement

O1s1n is tempted by everything that looks like a candy :)

Advertisement