Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I have come to the conclusion that the EGRET II is My favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had a few pics sent on.

Apparently the monitor is perfect, no screen burn. Has a couple of the usual dings but overall, cosmetically it looks really nice.

I kind of want a 2L12B CP though. Might let that be the deciding factor.

2Aero1_zps875f96a8.jpg

2Aero2_zps5eb1fa4e.jpg

2Aero3_zps846e21a4.jpg

You don't have a 2p 12b at all do you?
    Would really open your options if you got one!

I think the control panel might be a bit small for 2p12b though? couldent imagine it being comfortable with two players.

Master of the Universe

You don't have a 2p 12b at all do you?
    Would really open your options if you got one!

I was going to say 'no I don't' but then remembered that the Pony actually has a 2L12B CP! :D

But it's my dedicated Shmup machine and that won't be changing any time soon.

It's about time I got a setup that allowed for playing Capcom fighters. I still have a few left that have never really been used. It'd be absolutely shocking to have three cabs and none of them able to play SF2!
    I think the control panel might be a bit small for 2p12b though? couldent imagine it being comfortable with two players.

You can definitely get them alright. When SF2 first came out in Japan, it was played on cabs exactly like this. Some of the earliest SF2 panels I've seen fit the Aero :)

w7dkrc.png

• Advertisement

Oh ya, I've seen that panel come up a few times. Would love an aero table someday though.

Master of the Universe

I really wanted an Aero Table a couple of years ago and almost bought one. However the lads on AO were saying it's more of a novelty item than anything as that due to the monitor curve, it's kind of difficult to see the top part of the screen.

It's a shame as they really are gorgeous.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really wanted an Aero Table a couple of years ago and almost bought one. However the lads on AO were saying it's more of a novelty item than anything as that due to the monitor curve, it's kind of difficult to see the top part of the screen.

It's a shame as they really are gorgeous.

That they are, think I could deal with the monitor curve lol. They really are beautiful and I'am not a big fan of cocktails in general but the aero looks great. Demand a high price too!

Master of the Universe

It's one of those things where it demands a high price, but even if you have the cash that doesn't mean you can get one. They really are incredibly rare. They make things like the Capcom Cute and The SNK SC19 look common as muck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Are they the only small candys (candies ??), wouldn't mind one but would need a 19/20" screen.

• Advertisement

True, although there's been a load of cute's around lately, wasent there also some namco consolette's in granny's load? I remember considering one of those a few years back. They were on Ronnie's website for 595 lol, wouldent get a look in for that now!

I love that panel.
    I'd almost get A NOS one framed

Master of the Universe

The few mini ones I'd know of;

Capcom Cute
    SNK SC19
    SNK Candy 18
    Jaleco Pony Mark II 19
    Capcom Status 18

The only 'cheap' one out of the lot there is the SNK Candy 18. I've seen them for sale around the 600 mark I think it was. There was a lad a while ago on AO selling two of them together for about a grand.

The rest of them will all cost you an arm and a leg! (if you can find one that is)

Master of the Universe

True, although there's been a load of cute's around lately, wasent there also some namco consolette's in granny's load? I remember considering one of those a few years back. They were on Ronnie's website for 595 lol, wouldent get a look in for that now!

Consolettes come in 26 and 18 inch monitor varieties. I think the Granny lot were 26. The one Ronnie was selling recently was 26 too.

I'd say the 18 inch ones would go for a good bit more.
    I love that panel.
    I'd almost get A NOS one framed

It's gorgeous alright isn't it? That gouger Arcadetower on ebay has one. Kind of considering just buying that Aero anyway and picking the CP up separately if needs be.

Master of the Universe

Ronnie has another Aero with one of those SF2 panels. Going to send me photos on Monday.

Looks like I may be completing the holy trinity :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Ronnie has another Aero with one of those SF2 panels. Going to send me photos on Monday.

Can't wait to see. :)

sweet baby jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Awesome sauce

Master of the Universe

I've been looking for those 'Granny's arcade' photos but it seems they've been taken down :(

A couple of websites have some of the images cached, but there's only a small number of them. This is the only one I could find with the SF2 panel.

Panel itself looks pretty okay, rest of the CP looks a bit battered though. We shall see on Monday. Maybe he can take it off and lash it onto another cab.

67564_zps2538209b.jpg

Your Inbox is full mate ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Your Inbox is full mate ;)

Argh, thanks for pointing that out! Bloody inbox size for regular users on boards is far too small. Would almost make you want to become a subscriber...almost :pac:

If anybody sees a big buck Hunter pro for sale on this fair Isle let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

If anybody sees a big buck Hunter pro for sale on this fair Isle let me know!

For big buck hunter itself or doing something with the cab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So before and after pics for my CP attached.

Took a few months, was trying to get my dad involved as he is retired and bored.
    Also learned a lot, many a pitfall for stupidy.

Old CP didnt have correctly aligned holes for 6 button, so got a new piece of metal made, drilled some holes for joysticks/buttons and brackets.
    Buffed and sprayed with paint.

Bought a second hand Silverline 26" CP sticker off a guy on Jamma+.
    Very lucky to get this as accidently started chatting him about sometimg else.

Put the sticker on with tips from Muddymusic on Jamma+.
    One pitfall happened here when i had the sticker half on. Realised I forgot to put on the joysticks with screws. Had the puncture sticker afterwards, ah well, lesson learned.
    Also were a few creases in the second hand CP sticker leading to issues ironing out bubbles. Another lesson learned.

Slightly off centre as well i know ;)

Pointers and feedback welcome. (Be gentle to CP virgin)

Master of the Universe

Nice refurb! Have you mounted it back on the cab yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice refurb! Have you mounted it back on the cab yet?

No not yet, had some ikea lights to mount in my kitchen when i got home.
    Too many pieces !!

Tomorrow hopefully, just to test the CP.

Still have lots to do with the cab.
    Coin door, side art needs touching up somehow, T-moulding, general small bits.
    Monitor still not perfect so need some professional help. Gunblade fixed the monitor board but didnt have the monitor so brightness isnt quite there. I have a guy lined up to look at it soon.

For big buck hunter itself or doing something with the cab

I want the game :o

eddhorse wrote: »
    So before and after pics for my CP attached.

Pointers and feedback welcome. (Be gentle to CP virgin)

Looks the shizzo!
    Only thing Id say is that those buttons are just OK.
    These would bring it to another level
    http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Sanwa-OBSF-30-Arcade-Button.html

Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    No not yet, had some ikea lights to mount in my kitchen when i got home.
    Too many pieces !!

Tomorrow hopefully, just to test the CP.

Still have lots to do with the cab.
    Coin door, side art needs touching up somehow, T-moulding, general small bits.
    Monitor still not perfect so need some professional help. Gunblade fixed the monitor board but didnt have the monitor so brightness isnt quite there. I have a guy lined up to look at it soon.

Cant wait to see it all back together! Should look great. You don't get too many people trying to refurb Silverline cabs, most of them just get mamed. Which is sad really.

I want the game :o

Those games always left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. They remind me of Chiller with animals :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Remember those amazing RunDMD pinball animation clock things? Looks like the creator is working with the AO guys to get some orders out.

£149, including EU postage. FrancoB is putting together frames for them.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29457

Advertisement