Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Ah ok.
    If Ronnie etc did put new buttons and sticks in you can be sure you'd be charged for them. And labour too no doubt!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Buying new sticks and buttons is a given when owning a cab. You want your own set, unmolested by the sweaty hands of others (and to swap out any rubbish Sanwas :P). It's also a nice introduction into learning how to maintain the cab yourself, all part of the attraction imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Its just the business model of selling secondhand cabs I don't get is all.. For instance if you bought a secondhand car you wouldn't be expected to change the tyres on the way home (and trust me tyre choice on a car can be as personal and bewildering as joystick choice).

For the guts of 1K I'd be expecting everything to work, regardless of whether I agree with the choice of equipment installed or not - it should be supplied working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Yeah, I hear ya.

It's not so much that the sticks and buttons are knackered beyond use. The car analogy might be it comes with tyres, you can drive but they're nearly bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Its just the business model of selling secondhand cabs I don't get is all.. For instance if you bought a secondhand car you wouldn't be expected to change the tyres on the way home (and trust me tyre choice on a car can be as personal and bewildering as joystick choice).

For the guts of 1K I'd be expecting everything to work, regardless of whether I agree with the choice of equipment installed or not - it should be supplied working.
    Goodyear Eagle F1s for me and nothing else:D
    I would imagine Ronnie make alot alot alot of money importing/selling cabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

What's the story with this button layout, I always see it on MAME cabs, where did it come from ? Something irritating about it.
    z5SlVFj.png

Cant see how it would be comfortable to play
    I'd imagine the reason is that the original BAS layout was 3 button/player and the 3 buttons were just added to the existing panel
    img_3252-2-custom.jpg

This exactly ,
    Id say they were for street fighter conversions,
    you can actually straighten them up with a bit of grinding and welding.
    Did it for a friend a few years back.

Can't you flip the bezel to match the hotizontal/vertical monitor too. Shame there is an LCD in that one.

you can yea,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As great as SF2 was, it sure as hell resulted in a lot of oddball control panels!

At least the Japanese had the foresight to include modular type control panels in their cab designs that you can whip in and out in minutes.

Another reason that candy is king... :pac:

Master of the Universe

More Aero goodness from Ronnie... bucket holder and SF2 CE panel on this one.

Apparently a bit of light burn though.

AERO%20(1).JPG

AERO.JPG

Is it the camera or was it installed in a mens urinal for a couple of years :)

What's the bucket for? If you gotta take a wizz/drop a log and you are doing really well on puzzle bobble?

And a marquee holder! repro's are expensive for the Aero..FrancoB not doing them atm but there was someone else, cant remember who though. I got a bucket holder too but now I need a bucket lol

Master of the Universe

Have you seen the Taito coin buckets? Unfortunately they're pretty hard to come by.

The Aero marquee holders are really nice alright, but I've kind of gotten used to the cabs without them so didn't push him for one.

Did you two not get marquee holders at all?
    Thats ****e
    Any way you could get one of the pony ones to work?I could do a redesign in the same style .

Master of the Universe

That's not a bad idea actually! Will try lashing it in and see if it fits :)

No holder here and I love the astro ones I have, not paying £60 + post for a repro though!!

I'll gladly help out making a pair.
    they wont be as true as the repros but they wont be anywhere near £60 + post

• Advertisement

£70 + post ?

£60 is what the repro marquee holders were for the aero's and a few other cabs, my astro ones were half I think. Not sure why they were double.

Did you ever have a shot at the mirror blades for the pinball?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    What's the story with this button layout, I always see it on MAME cabs, where did it come from ? Something irritating about it.
    z5SlVFj.png

My first classic upright had the same layout, terrible stuff.
    The cab was the equivalent of a Silverline so the CP can be easily replaced with a home built one though.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My first classic upright had the same layout, terrible stuff.
    The cab was the equivalent of a Silverline so the CP can be easily replaced with a home built one though.

I still can't believe you have my old Atomiswave. Delighted I finally got to actually play the thing in your house :pac:

Did you ever have a shot at the mirror blades for the pinball?

No I didnt actually,
    I'll have to price up mirrored acrylic.

No I didnt actually,
    I'll have to price up mirrored acrylic.
    Do it, I'll buy a pair

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I still can't believe you have my old Atomiswave. Delighted I finally got to actually play the thing in your house :pac:

Got a great bargain there too.
    Mitch didn't know if the monitor was good so I think I got it for 500, and it all worked just fine.
    Just had to populate the CP and it was game on!

Do it, I'll buy a pair

There actually massive (long) when you think about it.
    I'll email the plastics guy tomorrow and see what he says.
    Gonna get a set of these for white water when I can face paying the price
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221642918321?nav=SEARCH

• Advertisement

There actually massive (long) when you think about it.
    I'll email the plastics guy tomorrow and see what he says.
    Gonna get a set of these for white water when I can face paying the price
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221642918321?nav=SEARCH

They look cool, I think they're about 1000mm in length, what size does the perspex sheets come in?
    How ****ing cool are these though
    60722.jpg
    71527.jpg

This guys ones are stainless steel
    But I think I'd prefer removable perspex blades

Advertisement