Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Look at this strange mame cab on Adverts.
    I cant decide if I like it or hate it!!
    Looks kinda like a cute from the front

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/mame-arcade-cabinet-single-joystick-happ-this-can-be-viewed-in-dublin/7314841

Tis a steaming turd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I invited the builder/seller to come along for a friendly discussion of cab design but no word yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Setting up a old pc for mame etc atm. If i bought a gpu with svideo out would it work fine on a sony triniton crt tv? It has an svideo input. Don't like how the image looks on my lcd :) I do have another spare gpu but it only has hdmi and dvi outputs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Setting up a old pc for mame etc atm. If i bought a gpu with svideo out would it work fine on a sony triniton crt tv? It has an svideo input. Don't like how the image looks on my lcd :) I do have another spare gpu but it only has hdmi and dvi outputs

Not sure if this helps but on my radeon HD48xx only displays in black and white from the svideo.
    Maybe I've the wrong cable :pac:.
    I think there's a thing called crt emudriver you can use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

airmax87 wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps but on my radeon HD48xx only displays in black and white from the svideo.
    Maybe I've the wrong cable :pac:.
    I think there's a thing called crt emudriver you can use.

You might be outputting in NTSC instead of pal

MrVestek wrote: »
    You might be outputting in NTSC instead of pal
    Couldn't see an option to change that.
    The TV can do NTSC if its via RGB scart with consoles , can't do it over composite though, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

airmax87 wrote: »
    Couldn't see an option to change that.
    The TV can do NTSC if its via RGB scart with consoles , can't do it over composite though, weird.

There is no such thing as NTSC or PAL when it comes to RGB...

RGB is simply the RED, GREEN, BLUE video signals and the sync signals which can be 50Hz or 60Hz.

PAL & NTSC are encoding standards where the 3 colours and sync signals are all mushed together on 1 wire.

The reason you get a black and white picture with composite is that the TV doesn't understand the colour encoding standard being used but can figure out the sync signal.

The only way to get a black and white picture with RGB is to connect the 3 colour signals together.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Would it be possible that the SCART port being used isn't RGB SCART, and is just a composite SCART port perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Star Lord wrote: »
    Would it be possible that the SCART port being used isn't RGB SCART, and is just a composite SCART port perhaps?

Very likely alright. A lot of TVs with multiple SCART sockets only support RGB on one of them, the others are S-Video and Composite only.

As well as the RGB video signals you also need to supply 1V or more to SCART Pin 16 to tell the TV to select RGB mode otherwise it assumes the signal is composite and uses the composite video signal.

Some consoles with poorly made RGB cables may not supply this signal to Pin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice evening of gutting a tv.

DIY bracket will be on show tomorrow.

Anyone tried one of these: UMSA - Ultimate SCART Adapter

http://arcadeforge.net/UMSA:::15.html

Or would something like this suffice?
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161522496131

Mame pc to scart crt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Thanks Cathal, ill give that a bash.

Picked up a minty street fighter II world warrior panel for the aero! and also a wonderboy in monsterland boot, been on the lookout for one for a while, used to love this one bitd.

JHVOEa7.jpg

6Aa7c5p.jpg

NGRFFsY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Beautiful panel mozie. Where did you acquire that?

Beautiful panel mozie. Where did you acquire that?

Thanks mate, Picked it up on AO, was in the valuations thread a while back and no one could give a value so I made an offer, tis really mint.. sticks/buttons even feel new. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your Aero looks minty now. Well done dude. You can come out and clean mine next :D

lol, thanks mate, yeah mostly finished now, just a couple of doors to do when weather improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

See a guy has hacked an MVS to output over hdmi

http://hackaday.com/2015/02/13/hdmi-audio-and-video-for-neo-geo-mvs/

Now I know an MVS should really be displayed on a crt but this is impressive none the less.

• Advertisement

Bracket making for monitors is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lads, where'd be the best spot to get some cables and spade connectors to make a kick harness daisy chain? Really have to get the thumb out and get SF2 running!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lads, where'd be the best spot to get some cables and spade connectors to make a kick harness daisy chain? Really have to get the thumb out and get SF2 running!

You'll get them in Halfrauds if you're only after a few,
    you'll also get bent over.
    Bring a button with you and do a test fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Radionics rialto, finglas/tallaght autoparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

PM me yr address I will send you out an old jamma loom you can use

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Think they were linked here recently. Amazing looking yokes but for the price, just buy a proper candy.

Anyone see the new Jamma compatible SKYCURSER?

http://www.skycurser.com

"SKYCURSER" is a horizontal, meat-on-metal, shoot ‘em up (shmup) that is in active development for JAMMA compatible arcade cabinets.

Introduction :
    http://youtu.be/Qiyr2XOplAs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Jamma compatible SKYCURSER?

http://www.skycurser.com

"SKYCURSER" is a horizontal, meat-on-metal, shoot ‘em up (shmup) that is in active development for JAMMA compatible arcade cabinets.

Introduction :
    http://youtu.be/Qiyr2XOplAs

Looks a little like a simpler version of Deathsmiles.
    At least that's what the biomechanical horror theme reminds me of.

• Advertisement

Stolen from another board, this is pretty much perfect for me.
    10484040_351742338345688_9019472603766986518_n.jpg?oh=770956f4420eccf24affff27a3f46df1&oe=55795D6B&__gda__=1435450067_aab21cf46d52a9deb1243f013d6248e8

Advertisement