Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Think I might have that pic in the depths of an old drive. Someplace the light of day shall never be!

And now for something completely different

https://youtu.be/-IAwLj6XKR8

Cool short pinball documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

20GB of custom Pinball artwork ready for printing added to my artwork site. I do wish I had some original stuff to put up, but just haven't found a source or had anything uploaded to the site ftp(if anyone has some and wants to share with the world do let me know).
    Anyway, it's there if anyone has need of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    20GB of custom Pinball artwork ready for printing added to my artwork site. I do wish I had some original stuff to put up, but just haven't found a source or had anything uploaded to the site ftp(if anyone has some and wants to share with the world do let me know).
    Anyway, it's there if anyone has need of it

20 gigaflops :O

How much space is the rest of the artwork taking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    20 gigaflops :O

How much space is the rest of the artwork taking up?

Not really sure the exact amount, 40-45GB hosted directly on the website(Irish Servers) and another 100+GB on Google Drive at least(but only sorted/shared about 50Gb of the GDrive stuff so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

What a beast
    Flyer.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Christ that brings back fond memories! Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats amazing, it really makes me feel we have lost something special in this modern age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

We are open every Saturday evening from 6:00pm until 10:00pm, entry is just £10 (children, £5), all the games are on FREE PLAY and the price includes some free refreshments.

DSfLFjm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Unboxing and setup of new Jurassic Park arcade game. Jesus I'd love to be able to do this.

• Advertisement

Unboxing and setup of new Jurassic Park arcade game. Jesus I'd love to be able to do this.

It looks like lets go jungle.
    every play it?
    ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

wtf????

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally got around to putting the RunDMD in the FrancoB frame thing. Christ, was like a crazy 3D jigsaw puzzle. Two pieces of perspex, half a million screws and PCB spacers. But feck, does it look the part!

RunDMD_zpsxcpfs0t3.jpg

DSC_0346_zpszsow08jl.jpg

Shot under the hood. There's a little control board mounted behind the DMD. Actually the first time I assembled the thing one of the power cable terminals had come loose and a power wire had come out. Queue stripping it back down again. :eek:

DSC_0344_zpsv1uby3hq.jpg

And now for some gratuitous zombie headshots :D

RunDMD4_zpsemdblkxi.jpg

RunDMD3_zpsboti8gze.jpg

RunDMD5_zpsmawakj6l.jpg

RunDMD6_zpsv6u9pbdo.jpg

RunDMD7_zpsyhxa0m6n.jpg

RunDMD8_zpsmirqlhas.jpg

Managed to take a peak inside the PGM kit too. Brand spanking new. Even came with a nice pop.

DoDonPachi%20II_zpsqtuxaqm0.jpg

PGM%20KIT_zpsak36bpyq.jpg

Nice kit mate ;) yonton still has a few left I see. I was having great fun with the igs pgm before leaving the country for holidays, should have a few nice bits waiting upon my return.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

DMD is great, mine arrived last week and i stuck it together. the frame is top quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally got around to putting the RunDMD in the FrancoB frame thing. Christ, was like a crazy 3D jigsaw puzzle. Two pieces of perspex, half a million screws and PCB spacers. But feck, does it look the part!

Where did you get the DDP 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

looks savage, really wanted one of those DMD but just couldn't justify the money at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

RunDMDs definitely ain't cheap, but once you see one running in person it's definitely worth the price at least. Greatest clock on earth :D

Not sure what to do with my one. Quite like it on the mantelpiece but would also like to have it somewhere in the same vicinity as my cabs.
    safetyboy wrote: »
    Where did you get the DDP 2 :)

Good oul Yaton on ebay. Seems one of his contacts found a huge lot of unopened PGM boards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-kit-CAVE-DoDonPachi-II-PGM-IGS-Japan-original-Arcade-/311329644073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487cb15e29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321723354287?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

seen this in a neo geo group, might be worth a look for some of you

So the guy featured on Collectaholics right now on BBC2 is the same guy who owns Arcade Club!

Awesome!

• Advertisement

Just watching it now. The ould one with the dolls house is mad!

Wow. Some collection.
    I'm going to have nightmares about the maintenance ........
    Makes me want to move all move stuff into one room tho!
    The missus agrees!

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to ID a combat flight simulator arcade game that was most likely out between the mid 90s and early 00s.

The cab itself was in the Victoria Sporting Club arcade in Cork City, it was an upright cab with a flight stick, not sure if it had a throttle.

I tried the simulator category on the Killer List of Video Games but can't find it on there:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/results.php?genre=Simulator

It had a HUD view, and I remember it being very fast paced, between targets.

The targets involved other fighter jets and AWACs also:

awac-con.jpg

Air combat is probably the closest thing to it but the graphics in this game were much newer.

Does that ring bells with anyone?

Taito's Landing Gear was in the same Arcade at the time:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

horgan_p wrote: »

It isn't G-Loc either I'm afraid,

it had nice polygon graphics instead of sprites.

Cheers for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

PiForce-Web - just got this setup with my Sega Naomi cab and its made it an ease to load/switch games. Freaking awesome!
    With a Raspberry Pi and a USB wifi yokie (and me needing to add in some firmware for my wifi USB yokie), a bunch of .bin files of the games edited down to remove the chaff and stuff that needs a funky cab setup, I've got myself a cab which creates its own wifi network, connect to it by phone or laptop and go to any site. It redirects you to a list of ROMs, tap the ROM and blam! It kicks off sending it to your lovely NetDimm :) (like a flashcart for the Naomi but Sega made it)

/blurb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Doge wrote: »
    It isn't G-Loc either I'm afraid,

it had nice polygon graphics instead of sprites.

Cheers for the reply!

Might it be on this list?
    http://www.migman.com/archive/2009-indexes/1990_combat.php

Finally !
    After 4 weeks of waiting Roadshow is back in action!
    HAd to get the CPU board repaired and I got a pinsound board.
    Its finally 100% working and ready to be stripped down and cleansed of its 20years of crust!
    2015-04-26%2B21.11.12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Great Stuff

My new parts for NGG arrived aswell https://i.imgur.com/NOTTiQr.jpg

25 dollars of premium steel right there. Hopefully this will sort it out 100% mechanically now so I can start with the cleaning

• Advertisement

Drove up Sunday to collect the Atomiswave sd.. gave her a quick cleanup yesterday but it it's great nick tbh and didnt need much. Monitor is superb, the cab was imported from the uk and the guy delivering necked the tube and had to replace it so monitor is mint. Very impressed with the 15hz picture, better than expected, 31hz is incredible. I'll try get some pics of it runnning later with a better camera.

vuJ2LzAl.jpg

SmR7BlLl.jpg

5swYBBnl.jpg

Advertisement