Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is gorgeous, drools.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jammy git!!

Looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Candy cab control panels are so nice.. I might change the art on my madcatz stick to a candy cab esque one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nice, love these cabs, when I've the space, I have to get me 2.

Sega/Gremlin's Head-On (1979). First dot-eater arcade game and source for Atari 2600's Dodge 'Em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Sega/Gremlin's Head-On (1979). First dot-eater arcade game and source for Atari 2600's Dodge 'Em.

Never heard of it. Looks to me Dodge 'Em is a complete lift of the game?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Never heard of it. Looks to me Dodge 'Em is a complete lift of the game?

Yeah looks like it.
    Just saw it on the interwebs and thought it was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Not sure if this has been posted before but it will hurt :)

http://desertedplaces.blogspot.com/2015/01/photos-of-abandoned-arcades-in-arizona.html

24.jpg

Replaced the sanwa jlf on the atomiswave with a nice fresh LS 32, I know it's personal preference but I really can't use the sanwa's, they feel far too loose to me. Anyways a nice fresh stick, ready for a workout :)

UYh7Mull.jpg
    YnxVMfWl.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Really lovely trio of cabs there mozie! Gorgeous.

+1 for going Seimitsu too. :)

You going to leave the ball & buttons blue on the AWSD or swap them out for green?

• Advertisement

Thanks! The buttons had already been changed to blue ones but the sanwa had a green ball top so I just changed the balltop to match on the new stick, might order green with black surrounds but got alot if green and pink going on elsewhere :)

Very nice mozie!
    Full hose now?
    Or can ya squeeze a few more in?

Very nice mozie!
    Full hose now?
    Or can ya squeeze a few more in?

lol, Might squeeze in a mushiking and a cocktail cab but getting tight, thank god I dont have your hankering for pins, could get messy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Hey mozie. Great get. Would love to see more close up scruff photos of the new cab, me being a fellow Atomiswave owner and all.

What monitor is in the cab now do you know. Toshiba pf by any chance?

When restoring my cab, I used buttons and stick colours as per the original parts manual.
    All Sanwa parts.

IMAG0599_zpsxqmjpaxb.jpg

Nice I like the move strip! I've got the same one in one of my Astro's, love DOJ but its gone to someone else now to enjoy and I have another cave title on the way to replace it ;) I like the panel, I might go back to stock ot stick a 2 player e3 panel on there if one turns up, not sure at the moment. Not sure I have a tosh there but I'll check it out later, its a beautiful crisp picture, going to padhack a cheap 360 controller to a terminal and try some deathsmiles out on it :)

What Cave is incoming :) DOJ hasn't left my NNC in 2 years apart from when I use the xbox for some SDOJ, have the itch for a new PCB but gotta paint the gaff.

safetyboy wrote: »
    What Cave is incoming :) DOJ hasn't left my NNC in 2 years apart from when I use the xbox for some SDOJ, have the itch for a new PCB but gotta paint the gaff.

What sort of price does DOJ command these days, roughly even?

I set up Aliens on the bartop after seeing Andrews masterful 1cc of it at the last beers. Suffice it to say, I wasn't so masterful at it & certainly didn't 1cc it. A very decent arcade game by all accounts!

Andrew76 wrote: »

Not sure

I set up Aliens on the bartop after seeing Andrews masterful 1cc of it at the last beers. Suffice it to say, I wasn't so masterful at it & certainly didn't 1cc it. A very decent arcade game by all accounts!

Good man. Has a lot of sentimental value to me that game. When you have a choice of weapon go with the Flame, easily the best one.

• Advertisement

Good man. Has a lot of sentimental value to me that game. When you have a choice of weapon go with the Flame, easily the best one.

I remembered that half way through the 1st stage actually, the other weapons ain't the best! The 1st stage boss took a lot of health off me, I really need to learn the patterns!

I remembered that half way through the 1st stage actually, the other weapons ain't the best! The 1st stage boss took a lot of health off me, I really need to learn the patterns!

After he loses his head and starts firing out those star things - I think it's middle, left, middle. As in stay in front of him, then move left, then back. Hah, can't remember until I'm actually playing it. That's on the first loop anyway, second loop the stars have a different pattern.

The following level in the car - you're back to a crap weapon so don't try and kill every enemy. I usually stay middle to left and leave any on the right alone, don't forget to use your rockets if you need to.

After he loses his head and starts firing out those star things - I think it's middle, left, middle. As in stay in front of him, then move left, then back.

Exactly that part yep, the first stage of that boss is no challenge, but those stars caught me out!

I wanted mine gone quick to fund a new purchase and the weak euro worked in my favour so got 380 for it fairly quickly. DOJ spent over a year handing me my ass, could manage level 4 on 1 credit but the mid boss level makes s**t of me everytime so time to pass it on and try something else.. :cool:

I wanted mine gone quick to fund a new purchase and the weak euro worked in my favour so got 380 for it fairly quickly. DOJ spent over a year handing me my ass, could manage level 4 on 1 credit but the mid boss level makes s**t of me everytime so time to pass it on and try something else.. :cool:

380! Feck me. Is that the one in the blue metal case iirc? I've only got the PS2 version, absolutely adore the music in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

After he loses his head and starts firing out those star things - I think it's middle, left, middle.

He shoots out three, three, two, three. To dodge I always go between the left and middle blasts, stay there for the first two, back to the middle for the third, then left of centre again for the last one. And yeah, flame ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That was the last game I played on my blast city! What a awesome game!

Master of the Universe

Spent this evening getting a 6 slot switcher set up properly in the Aero. Was like a weird PCB jigsaw puzzle.

So far there's an STV board with Souky (first time I've played it on this monitor, looks stunning), Soul Calibur, Vendetta, Gamshara and Rayforce. I've SF2 CE wired in too but for some reason the extension harness is on the fritz :(

Still, nice to have a selection in it now. That's 11 PCBs ready to play between the Aero and the Pony. Just have to get off my arse now and fix the Pony monitor. It's been gone since October :eek:

Master of the Universe

Yes! got two extension harness running with the switcher.

So we now have SF2 CE, Souky, Soul Calibur, Vendetta and Demon Front. (second extension harness allowed me to wire in the PGM mobo :)) - so six PCBs all up and running.

Almost there with the CPS1 kick harness too. I've kick buttons 4 and 5 now working for both players, but button 6, hard kick doesn't seem to want to register for either.

More fiddling about needed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Pics please Oisin!

Advertisement