Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sure, here you go. Just made me realise how feckin dusty it is in this cab :eek:

The STV board look more precarious than it is, I've got it secured at the bottom to take the weight of that cart (the carts are very light anyway thankfully)

So left to right, SF2 CE with an extension going into slot 1, STV & Souky in slot 2, Soul Calibur in slot 3 (about 5mm away from touching the PSU, I'll need to get that moved) Vendetta in slot 4, PGM mobo going into slot 5 via an extension (the big red yolk!) and then Gamshara in slot 6.

IMG_20150504_142104960_zpsqidh6n60.jpg

Here's a 4 minute vertical phone video of me scrolling though everything to some dodgy music :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks great. For the n00b how do you switch between each PCB?

Master of the Universe

A little radio controlled button clicker thing.

The silver 90s looking thing on the left :pac:

maxresdefault.jpg

They all come set up on the same radio frequency so if you have a couple of them one clicker will change both boards. Obviously an issue if two people are playing cabs at the same time.

The Last Bandit did a nice little mod on one of them to change it to a different frequency. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Thats genius! :)

Nice collection of MVS over on jamma plus by a user called Thefro9.

• Advertisement

Alot of duplicates there though, thomj over on AO has a complete set , 148 carts I think?

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=144&p=411779&hilit=thomj#p411779

Alot of duplicates there though, thomj over on AO has a complete set , 148 carts I think?

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=144&p=411779&hilit=thomj#p411779

Great thanks for that info, quite doable 148. Expensive for rarer ones as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

The SSF2 control panel is looking great.

Master of the Universe

Cheers - haven't even done anything with it yet :pac:

I'm debating at the moment whether to leave the blue sticker on the CP surround or to remove it.

Currently it has this blue sticker surround (not as good condition as this one)

1z5ub2d.jpg

Really want to do something like this.

w7dkrc.png

But at the same time, I think I'll feel bad for mutilating it :eek:

I got a repro for mine and put it on for 24hrs and then took it off lol, its nice with the original panel I think but detracts from the more colourful street fighter panels thats just my two cents :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If it was me I'd keep it as close to the original as possible. Wouldn't be a fan of the Street Fighter one, too many colours and too busy for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hi all,

Just throwing this out there. Would anybody be willing to purchase my Bartop Arcade Machine?

Trying to get some savings together so selling off my collection slowly but surely.

The bartop has lightgun capability (with built in sensors for an EMC TopGun III... this would be included with the unit). Lots of retro systems installed with Hyperspin (too many to list here).

The machine is also powerful enough to run the likes of Super Street Fighter IV.

I wouldn't really be willing to let it go for anything less than €1,000 as it's a really powerful machine.

Would anybody be interested if I did sell it off or throw it up on the marketplace?

I think you may marketplace it before you get in trouble.

I saw it before and looks brilliant but id get a Candy if i had that cash :(

Best of luck with the funds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

eddhorse wrote: »
    I think you may marketplace it before you get in trouble.

I saw it before and looks brilliant but id get a Candy if i had that cash :(

Best of luck with the funds

I'm not advertising it for sale yet, just wondering what the general interest would be for that price really.

I hear you on getting a Candy for that price but considering the amount of stuff that has been configured on it (modern games, the specs, lightgun and steering wheel hassle free setups) I'd say that it's worth it.

If I was to put it up for sale €1,000 would be my starting point but I'd be willing to do a deal for a decent price, obviously. :-)

Your not going to get anything like €1000 for a bartop irrespective of how highly specced it is tbh, I respect that there's alot of time and effort goes into creating one of these but your never going to be able to factor that into the price if selling, you'd probably be better off holding onto it as if ya wanted to sell it youd have to half your price at least I'd say.

Yep or part it out.
    I mean who would buy it when you could have a candy from ronnie and 300 in change?

Master of the Universe

Sure you might as well throw it up on adverts anyway and give it a try. Nothing to lose really.

However, from what we've seen, bartops are notoriously difficult to sell for high end prices.

Folks reckoned that Astro City bartop was too expensive and it comes in at the $900 mark.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/custom-built-japanese-candy-cab-arcade-machines-in-production.html

Would you consider parting it out? Maybe sell the bartop itself & monitor at a lower price and then sell on the PC components separately? Bit of a pain but you'd probably get a bigger return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Replace the PC with a raspberry pi and try and recover the costs of the PC and lightgun thing separately I think.

Yep or part it out.
    I mean who would buy it when you could have a candy from ronnie and 300 in change?

Only €300 , what have i been doing with this massive silverline. :eek:

EDIT, i think you mean €700 but still a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

€300 in change, as in €700 for the candy and €300 change left...

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    €300 in change, as in €700 for the candy and €300 change left...

Yeah i got that eventually, 2+2=4

Yep or part it out.

A candy for 300 eh ?, that's before shipping etc and in a group buy I'd assume ?

EDIT:
    bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Hey mozie. Great get. Would love to see more close up scruff photos of the new cab, me being a fellow Atomiswave owner and all.

What monitor is in the cab now do you know. Toshiba pf by any chance?

When restoring my cab, I used buttons and stick colours as per the original parts manual.
    All Sanwa parts.

IMAG0599_zpsxqmjpaxb.jpg

Nice looking machine... whats the card holder for though - ill be honest never seen one of those cabs before so just wondering what they used it for.

Access wrote: »
    Nice looking machine... whats the card holder for though - ill be honest never seen one of those cabs before so just wondering what they used it for.
    For the initial D \ wangan racing games it stores your car and lap times etc..
    I think they have similar ones for tekken and street fighter for win\loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just saw a company who make furniture from old pinball tables. Their website isnt working but heres a facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ALTAR-Furniture/208886032582245

Pretty cool stuff. I would really like to give something like this a go. It would have to be a pin that is completely ****ed to justify it to me though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just saw a company who make furniture from old pinball tables. Their website isnt working but heres a facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ALTAR-Furniture/208886032582245

Pretty cool stuff. I would really like to give something like this a go. It would have to be a pin that is completely ****ed to justify it to me though!

Better than the dreamer of the year who was making cabs out of old furniture! Weren't they built into wardrobes or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anyone know the forum in Holland where Ronnie puts up the work in progress stuff?

safetyboy wrote: »
    Anyone know the forum in Holland where Ronnie puts up the work in progress stuff?

http://www.nozomi.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3151&start=700

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Does he post anything extra there that he doesn't put in his thread over on AO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Advertisement