Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

safetyboy wrote: »

Some of us were watching that live when it aired on BBC2 a few weeks back. :)
    His facebook page is worth a look too!

https://www.facebook.com/arcadeclubuk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just seen this on AO :)

Amazing collection and fair play to him for keeping it free/cheap as possible. He should have no problems keeping that place busy. Shame we've nothing like it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Looks amazing, I'd be up for a trip over some weekend to check it out if anyone else was interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Looks amazing, I'd be up for a trip over some weekend to check it out if anyone else was interested?

I'd be up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

deffo be up for a night over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

New Seimitsu installed in player 1's side. Also moved out those yellow start buttons to the top of the CP and put some plugs in where they used to be.

IMG_20150523_134559251_zpsjwdno5s9.jpg

IMG_20150523_134605431_zpsubxmpq1h.jpg

Still debating about removing the blue sticker to neated it up and look more like this. Decisions! Might give it a go today.

w7dkrc.png

Is the 100y part separate on yours though or will it come off with the rest of the overlay? Mine has a groove that the overlay is in.

GvzOWiVl.jpg

I received the chassis from Grant yesterday too and stuck it in , lesson learnt and all is well again :) will send off the other one during the week and get it sorted, always handy to have a spare.

42Q7Pnul.jpg

Also to get my cave fix, this arrived:

vlEM2OQl.jpg

pgm conversion, really enjoying it and presentation similarities aside the game plays very differently to doj.

Master of the Universe

Yeah was just looking at it there and it seems that there are different types of control panels. Balls!

With mine the grove fits the whole vinyl overlay. I'd need to take a blade to it and slice across where the 100 yen is. Which I'm sure will only end up looking messy.

Edit - nice one on the Ketsui conversion! I was quite tempted to pick one of them up, they're pretty pricey though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah was just looking at it there and it seems that there are different types of control panels. Balls!

With mine the grove fits the whole vinyl overlay. I'd need to take a blade to it and slice across where the 100 yen is. Which I'm sure will only end up looking messy.

Edit - nice one on the Ketsui conversion! I was quite tempted to pick one of them up, they're pretty pricey though.

Yeah probably best to leave it then I'd say, the panel looks great anyways. Yeah pricey direct from joerg bus was picked up on AO for a good bit less thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

New Seimitsu installed in player 1's side. Also moved out those yellow start buttons to the top of the CP and put some plugs in where they used to be.

Still debating about removing the blue sticker to neated it up and look more like this. Decisions! Might give it a go today.

w7dkrc.png

I need one of these to hang around on in our bowling place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Arcade room tour of an AO member. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Arcade room tour of an AO member. Beautiful.

Very nice indeed, needs more meshballs though :)

Bling Bling !
    Nice.
    Shame about the e3 panels on the e2s tho.
    Maybe a bit too clinical???
    Jealous of that Metallica pin. I'd like the limited edition tho!

w7dkrc.png

About time! Trying to pull off a dragon punch or even an hadouken in SFII on that machine was a bloody nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks great.

On a side note i need to purchase Black Vinyl Adhesive for an arcade machine.

Anyone know where to get it?
    Need to order it today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Looks great.

On a side note i need to purchase Black Vinyl Adhesive for an arcade machine.

Anyone know where to get it?
    Need to order it today

I always bought it on ebay from this seller
    http://www.ebay.ie/usr/thevinylwarehouse?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thanks Cathal, much appreciated.
    The missus is heading off to Orlando for 10 days and im off work, hopefully some progress insulating the man shed and some cab work.

w7dkrc.png

A Seimitsu joystick on a SF2 machine?

Data blasphemy!

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    A Seimitsu joystick on a SF2 machine?

Data blasphemy!

LS32 4 lyfe bro :pac:

• Advertisement

LS32 4 lyfe bro :pac:

Does it work well for street fighter games and the likes?

I really would love to test the differences between it and a JLF.

I thought it would be too short a throw for SF2.

Master of the Universe

The funny thing is, all those SF2 custom arcade panels like the one in the Aero were made by Seimitsu. :D

Ah the JLF just isn't for me at all, I've LS32s in everything. From cabs to arcade sticks. They just feel so much more responsive.

Any time I've used a Sanwa stick they just feel like they're worn out and loose.

And the LS-32 is cheaper from arcade japan too!

I think youve convinced me to go with it for the icade mod if it will fit. Must do some research.

I'll end up being one of those weirdos with Sanwa buttons and a Seimitsu joystick! :pac:

Looking for an outzone PCB or a kiki kai kai if anyone see's them pop up!

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    And the LS-32 is cheaper from arcade japan too!

I think youve convinced me to go with it for the icade mod if it will fit. Must do some research.

I'll end up being one of those weirdos with Sanwa buttons and a Seimitsu joystick! :pac:

My Aero has Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons...:pac:
    Looking for an outzone PCB or a kiki kai kai if anyone see's them pop up!

How much does Outzone go for these days? I've an original Outzone PCB but one of the video chips needs to be resoldered. It runs with glitches but when you apply a bit of pressure to the chip it runs perfectly.

I could probably resolder that for you, is it a surface mount like the one on my Garegga?

Master of the Universe

Oooh that'd be great!

If I remember correctly, it's the big chip under the two game eproms.

Outzone.pcb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

MrVestek wrote: »
    I'm not advertising it for sale yet, just wondering what the general interest would be for that price really.

I hear you on getting a Candy for that price but considering the amount of stuff that has been configured on it (modern games, the specs, lightgun and steering wheel hassle free setups) I'd say that it's worth it.

If I was to put it up for sale €1,000 would be my starting point but I'd be willing to do a deal for a decent price, obviously. :-)

Can you send me the details and some photos please (of the cabinet that is :) )?

Can you send me the details and some photos please (of the cabinet that is :) )?

What kind of details are you after?

• Advertisement

Oooh that'd be great!

If I remember correctly, it's the big chip under the two game eproms.

Outzone.pcb.jpg

Should be no problem, I might be out in Bray on Sat morning I can lend you ESPgaluda while I do it?

Advertisement