Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah. Only noticed the silverline writing there now. Why mirror the photo?

Just flipped it to match the direction of the original picture, was sure somone would spot the lefty joysticks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dat pop/marquee!

Looks cool...bit too modern/flashy/HD though...The original low res/scanlines suit the artwork more imo. Although that might just be me being an old fart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I dunno, I think I prefer the original version better.
    Although that vid does make me want to power up the point blank cab at home later tonight :)

Very cool,
    I dont like the massive target that appear tho.They could be smaller.

• Advertisement

Very cool,
    I dont like the massive target that appear tho.They could be smaller.

Yeah hard to see anything really.
    Do you think people will be restoring them in 30 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone see the Temco Urban Ronnie has for sale?

Can't say I've ever seen one outside of arcade fliers.

tecmo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

RADICAL

also now that im working, you all have to convince me not to buy a candy

airmax87 wrote: »
    RADICAL

Sir, you are most definitely in the wrong place :)

RADICAL

Ah go on, although ill give you a hand as im nearby in Celbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

RADICAL

Can't believe it came out in 1995! :eek:

Edit: is it a faked VHS recording, wiki says it came out in 1997?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Doge wrote: »
    Can't believe it came out in 1995! :eek:

Edit: is it a faked VHS recording, wiki says it came out in 1997?

They could've just got the date wrong, there's a lot of other clips of the same expo.
    Dunno why they'd fake it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone see the Temco Urban Ronnie has for sale?

Can't say I've ever seen one outside of arcade fliers.

tecmo.jpg
    Nearly bought it but had to stand back.. Can't even find my egret in my mess at the moment.

buy it ,
    i need this to be in Ireland

buy it ,
    i need this to be in Ireland

You buy it, i'll buy it off you then next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Dariusburst is up on Steam (€36.79/£ 23.99). I've played around 25 hours of the beta over the last couple of weeks and it's pretty much a flawless conversion. There's the full arcade game there (AC mode) which has a ton of content by itself and there's the new home port CS mode which is probably where most people will spend the bulk of their time.

I really can't recommend this enough, I'm still half shocked there's even been a Steam release (and the Vita/PS4 versions coming on 08/12, too!)

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit, eh, fugly?

Each to their own I say, but I wouldn't have it. But then again, I'm a weirdo so best to ignore me and what I like :)

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks its a bit, eh, fugly?

Each to their own I say, but I wouldn't have it. But then again, I'm a weirdo so best to ignore me and what I like :)

Between this and people shi**ing on Border Down I may have to abandon this ship forever.....:p :pac:

blag wrote: »
    Between this and people shi**ing on Border Down I may have to abandon this ship forever.....:p :pac:

I’m just not a fan of the extra boxy looking candy cabs.
    That one looks like it could wash your clothes as well as play a few games of Metal Slug :)

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I’m just not a fan of the extra boxy looking candy cabs.

I thought you were talking about the game I mentioned above, apologies! I do like the cab though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Its not too bad really, all candys have a certain domestic appliance look about them apart the smaller Jalecos.

That one looks like the result of a regular Candy getting busy with a Lordsvale :)

If it did wash clothes while you played metal slug id say we would be able get them into our houses easier !

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I got in contact with the guy selling several candy's in the UK. "Videotronics UK" on FB they are, add was on UKVAC, Think eddhorse posted the link. Anyway he has 4 different types. He gave me a £100 discount if I could collect from Brentford which I believe he is based. Would be a great group buy if it worked out cheaper but thats in a ideal world. Still a trek to get it and a real off putting thing is the sterling which is a killer atm lol. Undecided, he said he has 25 cab with more on the way too.

Are they all working ? Long trek to Brentford near London alright, would be an adventure :)

Road Trip.

EDIT: its Bradford which is closer to Leeds/Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I presume by 100 pound discount he means that's the cost for shipping he's added on.

So the real question is can you get a van and yourself over and back to Brentford for less.

Otherwise just take the hit and pay up for the cab and shipping.

Candy cabs are money pits. If you're worried about saving a few quid on the cab itself due to shipping, exchange rates etc, don't. You're going to spend the same again on games, repairs, accessories and generally getting it looking A1.

This is not a cheap hobby.

Hope this helps.

From my own experience of buying from pics, it would be nice to see the cabs in person first and choose the one you want.

This man knows ^^^^ a dangerous hobby..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

blag wrote: »
    Dariusburst is up on Steam (€36.79/£ 23.99). I've played around 25 hours of the beta over the last couple of weeks and it's pretty much a flawless conversion. There's the full arcade game there (AC mode) which has a ton of content by itself and there's the new home port CS mode which is probably where most people will spend the bulk of their time.

I really can't recommend this enough, I'm still half shocked there's even been a Steam release (and the Vita/PS4 versions coming on 08/12, too!)

Gave it a quick blast there using the Namco stick + Mayflash adapter, worked great. Dual screen is very cool. Will have to give this some of my time now along with Xenoblade.

:o
    safetyboy wrote: »
    This man knows ^^^^ a dangerous hobby..

But the temco,buy the temco,but the temco :D

been offered a few bob for my Ketsui PCB, oh the temptations at this time of year. Would reg post be the best option if I was to sell or Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    been offered a few bob for my Ketsui PCB, oh the temptations at this time of year. Would reg post be the best option if I was to sell or Parcel Motel?

After seeing in person a driver filling the motels, i wouldn't send anything rare or precious with them.

And then there's my personal suspicion that a lot of stuff gets opened by pmotel(which i think is illegal as they are not customs). I only use them for stuff that can be replaced easily, which a nice PCB cannot.

Advertisement