Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

They made them in Tipperary town. I used walk past it all the time as a kid if I'd known they were making arcade machines in there I'd have blagged my way in somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They made them in Tipperary town. I used walk past it all the time as a kid if I'd known they were making arcade machines in there I'd have blagged my way in somehow.

I was only there a few weeks ago :).

In other news stay away from arcadeshop.de
    A lot of people complaining about no contact, no goods shipped after funds being transferred.

Example Quote from ArcadeOtaku
    Hello. I created this account just to tell you guys of my experience with arcadeshop.de

I recently bought a few Sanwa buttons from this store and right now I feel i'm being scammed by them.

The purchase was made 17 of February and 14 days after it I've decided to email the store to see the status of my update and after sending a few emails (six, i consider that way more than a few) without a response I've decided to contact my bank to see what can I do to get my money back.

What I was advised to do was to contact the police and a consumer protection agency (In my case the Portuguese branch of the ECC and the german one since that's where the store's registred) since I paid via bank transfer and they can not take the money back.

As of today I've emailed them (arcadeshop.de) with the ultimatum to contact me in 24 hours or I'll go forward with pursuing a scam/theft complaint to the legal authorities.

Even after all of this I've recieved no response.

I do not recommend this store to anyone. Not because the products are bad, but because it's awfuly managed and has no respect for it's costumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, IDK what happened to them.

They used to be a good shop, one of the best for finding weird Euro-market parts.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yeah, IDK what happened to them.

They used to be a good shop, one of the best for finding weird Euro-market parts.

One guy that knows him contacted him on facebook:
    He said these problems were caused by users not regarding the delivery times of certain products. Also problems occured when users claim paypal disputes (sometimes one day after payment) and then he has no access to his paypal account for a long, long time.

Ridiculous !

Coming along nicely, struggling with the bezel though, has a chip. Head scratcher.

44EFAADF-347C-480B-882A-F87258E92C9B_zpsd24znkzb.jpg

A79A2496-3756-484F-AC3F-DA1DCBE88873_zps6cztdhvf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Coming along nicely, struggling with the bezel though, has a chip. Head scratcher.

A79A2496-3756-484F-AC3F-DA1DCBE88873_zps6cztdhvf.jpg

Looks great.
    The chip, maybe use the finest Milliput Epoxy Putty.

41BGE2W%2BYDL.jpg
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002CNEWAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It's great stuff for fixing up plastic, fiberglass, enamel. I started using it recently on little projects and 3D prints and its great(rock solid).

You could get a bit, rub it into the chip and then smooth it out. If you want a shiny finish just rub a small amount of water/dish liquid when your done.

Great will try that steve thanks, i had it sprayed but couldn't get the shine back.

Here's the offender.
    045AB40D-1541-451B-9D51-2C7A400511BA_zpsblw9gwsh.jpg

is it a chip or a dent?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    is it a chip or a dent?

Cigarette burn so kinda like its taken off the lacquer.

Cigarette burn so kinda like its taken off the lacquer.

Yeah I'd say a small amount of the black milliput might do that job.
    But do test it on the reverse or some hidden area first. Once it sets its pretty much part of the plastic and can be drilled or sanded etc.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say a small amount of the black milliput might do that job.
    But do test it on the reverse or some hidden area first. Once it sets its pretty much part of the plastic and can be drilled or sanded etc.

Great thanks, will give that a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Is that the ould fella helping out in the background?

Makes a nice family project.

Yeah retired so loves helping out.
    Likes the wooden cabs more cos you can just sand everything :)
    Neither of us have a clue about paint spraying so making it up as we go along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Yeah retired so loves helping out.
    Likes the wooden cabs more cos you can just sand everything :)
    Neither of us have a clue about paint spraying so making it up as we go along

Monstermug over on j+ is an experienced cab restorer plus he or his brother is in the auto spray business so know this stuff inside out.

I used this thread of his to help me understand my own cab. So although I got mine sprayed professionally, I knew how to prep the cab, what to ask for etc.
    Monstermug is a top bloke too, I genuinely mean he replied to a ton of my private messages as I was restoring mine.

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40560&KW=&title=egret-2-restoration-logs

How did you decide on what white and black colours to choose? Did you have a RAL colour chart or just when with standard white and black gloss?

Cool thanks, its finished now anyways, its a learning curve , half the fun, reassembling next weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cool thanks, its finished now anyways, its a learning curve , half the fun, reassembling next weekend :)

Hope you took lots of photos. I numbered my photos and bagged the bits accordingly.

In reality there aren't that many parts to a cab but still plenty to figure out if you didn't keep record!

Hope you took lots of photos. I numbered my photos and bagged the bits accordingly.

In reality there aren't that many parts to a cab but still plenty to figure out if you didn't keep record!

Ah the parts are easy, its the screws that get mixed up thats the issue, plenty of photos alright !
    What to play first is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice Robotron build - it of encouragement for Ciderman :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice Robotron build - it of encouragement for Ciderman :)

That is a beautiful thing.
    And, if you have the skillset, it's probably not that challenging, but if I went at it.. :(
    I would say a Williams multi cab would be the best thing though, combining the best of that era and it's easy to source the right art too.

I wonder if a scratch built cocktail cab wouldn't be a way to go, or one of those little cabs that popped up here a few years ago.
    Kerbdog's one was so rotten that it wound up skipped :(

That glossy side art paint is the dogs.
    Mirror finish for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That is a beautiful thing.
    And, if you have the skillset, it's probably not that challenging, but if I went at it.. :(
    I would say a Williams multi cab would be the best thing though, combining the best of that era and it's easy to source the right art too.

I wonder if a scratch built cocktail cab wouldn't be a way to go, or one of those little cabs that popped up here a few years ago.
    Kerbdog's one was so rotten that it wound up skipped :(

Gway and get your 2 Player Atomiswave panel first and you can enjoy a Robotronish expeirence until you get your grail someday! :P

Busy couple of days. Who would have thought it takes so long to put an Astro City back together.

D3AF9B1D-D855-4950-B7BC-1DF5084F1F3F_zpskbxrfc8u.jpg

D95BC35A-53C1-41CE-9CE3-3ED55F10319A_zpseyyop5g2.jpg

4620D80C-7030-4632-BB61-0631D97D1EFF_zpsbnxrwagk.jpg

Left to do:
    Reconnect marquee light to 240v.
    Couple of safety stickers to apply.
    Coin box door.
    One control panel lock.
    Instruction panel.
    Coin entry slot repaint.
    Bezel spot fix.

Those security bolts are a pain in the ass.
    Wish i took more pictures.
    Few scratches during transit from offaly.

Yes yes yes!
    Lovely job

Yes yes yes!
    Lovely job

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That looks gorgeous edd, great job you've done on it, fair play to you. Have said it before and will say it again - love the colour scheme on Astro cp's, When you get done hopefully you'll actually have some time to enjoy the fruits of your labour! :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous edd, great job you've done on it, fair play to you. Have said it before and will say it again - love the colour scheme on Astro cp's, When you get done hopefully you'll actually have some time to enjoy the fruits of your labour! :)

Thanks for the kind words, the colour scheme is great, I don't think anyone would have chosen pink and lime green buttons without knowing its history.

Had a few games last night.
    Bubble Bobble, Super Pang, Sunset Riders, Willow, Seibu Soccer, Pacman, Ghouls N Ghosts.
    The missus was even playing Puzzle Bobble.

The inside isn't super minty but nice and tidy and very clean. Wont get to look at it now for two weeks with working across the pond and annual holidays with the outlaws. So glad i got it to this stage. Plus my Dad really enjoys the restoration, wants a few for his shed, what have I done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just planning out my mortal kombat cabinet at the moment.

Have a midway shell (big thanks to optimus prime for it) and planning on MK2 artwork with the first 3 mk games on it. Once I get the monitor sorted I want to know what else I get a hold of

I have an ipac that was never used, so I was thinking a raspberrypi hooked up to the ipac emulating the games, is that possible?, I've never used a pi for emulating. I can get stereo sound from it then, rather than the original mono off whatever the last board that was in it. Would the arcade psu power the pi or would it need a dedicated different supply.

Cabinet woodwork etc is no problem, just not too up to speed with the wiring up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Seems like it really will help! Thanks

Seems like a bit of a downgrade after learning to work on pinballs! :p

• Advertisement

Monitor went on the fritz yesterday,

Now its just playing blind,

DA93D875-313B-4D3B-A7AC-8C9C20E06B97_zpsjraykuat.jpg

Nanao ms8-29su chassis in a box, off to Gunblade tomorrow.

According to him its caps or solder joints BUT it could be the sync custom ic module.

Advertisement