Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

That's probably the guts of a hundred quid on the way out of your pocket between repair and shipping. get him to service it as well and hopefully it will last after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That's probably the guts of a hundred quid on the way out of your pocket between repair and shipping. get him to service it as well and hopefully it will last after that.

Yep thats what i was thinking. Still worth it.
    Will get some free shipping to er send some er company equipment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

wow egret 2 just went for £1250 on Jamma+ ffuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

eddhorse wrote: »
    Monitor went on the fritz yesterday,

Now its just playing blind,

DA93D875-313B-4D3B-A7AC-8C9C20E06B97_zpsjraykuat.jpg

Nanao ms8-29su chassis in a box, off to Gunblade tomorrow.

According to him its caps or solder joints BUT it could be the sync custom ic module.

Ahh sure just replace it with an LCD.

Problem solved!

:pac:

Might aswel get Grant to give it the once over anyways, I got a dead chassis back this week and turns out there was a loose resistor touching the flyback causing all kinds of issues, Grant sorted it the day it was received and sent it back the following day for shipping cost only. Guy is a legend.

• Advertisement

Might aswel get Grant to give it the once over anyways, I got a dead chassis back this week and turns out there was a loose resistor touching the flyback causing all kinds of issues, Grant sorted it the day it was received and sent it back the following day for shipping cost only. Guy is a legend.

Its been with him since Wednesday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

safetyboy wrote: »
    wow egret 2 just went for £1250 on Jamma+ ffuuuuu

I'd pay that no problem for a nice condition E2(screen would need to be very good for that money). It's pricey but not bonkers money.

Not crazy money for a nice e2 but 2250 for cute is!!

Yeah, I'd not pay that for a cute if there was any yellowing on it at all. And there's always yellowing on them as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

It is when you think most of them came in at about 400-450ish if even that,i even remember an aero city sold for around 200ish then as well lol ,still I wouldn't sell mine for 1250 though...cutes are a though one they were always more than the other cabs but with the prices they are fetching in Japan right now I don't see it getting any better anytime soon...

Saying that they're all just stupid money these days

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd not pay that for a cute if there was any yellowing on it at all. And there's always yellowing on them as far as I can see.

Probably one of the easier to refurbish though ...I'd love one ,for the kids :shifty: :lol:

barely had enough anti static bubble wrap to pad it out a bit. Looks like the other cabs will have to make do with standard bubble wrap and cardboard.
    Now to get a couple of layers or cardboard around this baby :)

gUrmz5x.jpg

New games room hype

New games room hype

Well, the new house does have a smallish media room that I'll stick the candy and ridge racer. Point blank in the shed as its a space hog.
    Will see how it all comes together after that :)

Vultures are circling ! Mind what you say.

I may get my astro into the office or get an extension before a tiny human arrives, so much space needed.

Monitor chassis update from Gunblade,
    Chassis is done,fault was down to custom sync IC, new one installed, changed a load of caps too.

You can now add games to the Pandora's Box 3 :

http://openthepandora.ovh/

Looks easy enough, may backup my sd card first.

Available : 1099 games without bootlegs, hacks and not 100% workings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That's been available for a while now. The PD4 has changed though, I've dumped mine and everything has been moved.

First power up since the house move. To say I was worried doesn't quite cover it!
    But, happy days it looks like we're in business :)

xaO4SDA.jpg

Great job Steve, safe and sound, best of luck in the new place.

In other news i was thinking about The Rage and their alleged Barcade in the Summer.

This planning permission plan was turned down for their company Green Mist Ltd
    http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00514756.pdf

Great job Steve, safe and sound, best of luck in the new place.

In other news i was thinking about The Rage and their alleged Barcade in the Summer.

This planning permission plan was turned down for their company Green Mist Ltd
    http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00514756.pdf

got a better copy?

• Advertisement

got a better copy?

Its a pdf, try zooming !

Only copy on the Dublin Council website.

http://www.arcademodbios.com/

anyone seen this or how the games play? I could sell some of mine and buy the PGM

some mixed reviews on his stuff ,outside of the hacking of some cheap boards to do this ,as far as i know they play ok as its all pgm hardware .but some of the soldering/ conversion isnt the best quality at times. iirc i saw one that had issues due to it being pretty much slapped together.

http://www.arcademodbios.com/

anyone seen this or how the games play? I could sell some of mine and buy the PGM

That guy/guys has some serious knowledge:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'm not sure the guy that done the development and the guy making the money are the same...
    Read a thread a while back about this on the GNET BIOS hacking, which is why the MB2011 is leaked :)

Basically any PGM board can be hacked to be another game?

Basically any PGM board can be hacked to be another game?

i cant remember if all can be converted as i think 1 / 2 may be slighty different but most of the donor carts are either dragon world or happy 6-1's and something other cheaply crap.it basically only some graphics and sound roms need to be soldered/changed etc
    google it ,the information is out there somewhere on all this

just looked myself ,i may be wrong on the donor carts ,they may be slighty better titles than above.

Thats Joerg Hartenberger, his an odd guy tbh and can be a bit pushy at times but the carts play pretty much identical to the pcbs, I've got DDP DOJ , Ketsui and Espugaluda all of which originally came from him and they all seem pretty spot on. Never tried any of the ST-V stuff but may pick up a guardian force as its the only st-v game iam missing from my wants list for that system. IGS PGM is a great little system to collect for anyways some great games on there.

Will they play on a Neo Geo MVS system?

• Advertisement

Will they play on a Neo Geo MVS system?

No only the IGS PolyGame Master system since the original pcb's use a similar architecture.

Advertisement