Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Cheers,
    I painted the ceiling back a few weeks ago,
    gave the place a nice seedy arcade feel!

I just wish I had room to put another pin in the row of 3.

I’m kind of glad I haven’t caught the Pin bug yet.
    Cabs take up a lot of space, but generally its mostly vertical, pins it’s nearly all horizontal so harder to organise the space to hold them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I’m kind of glad I haven’t caught the Pin bug yet.
    Cabs take up a lot of space, but generally its mostly vertical, pins it’s nearly all horizontal so harder to organise the space to hold them.

Same, I'm kinda 'fingers in ears' about it (I can't hear you!).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I spent 6 hours on Saturday trying to fix a ramp going up and down. They are really really addictive but i get the feeling after having one about a month that you have to constantly work on them to keep them right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve, you thought you had issues moving cabs,
    Least you didnt need a crane :
    https://twitter.com/owtaf/status/721044101026545665

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Steve, you thought you had issues moving cabs,
    Least you didnt need a crane :
    https://twitter.com/owtaf/status/721044101026545665

No crane, just pain on my move :0/ I moved all the cabs with a badly twisted ankle(badly twisted before I started, then just a bag of blood and bones at the end of the move).

I did need to take some doors off their hinges though. It was a tight squeeze getting the candy around the corner and into the games room(even with the cpanel off). There’s a nice medium sized room that I was adamant would be a sweet spot for the candy, some modern gaming(flat panel and consoles etc) and a generally chill out room(it’s got a 2 seater lazyboy). So the candy was going in no matter what, even if I had to really take it to bits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Same, I'm kinda 'fingers in ears' about it (I can't hear you!).

Wtf is a pinball machine?

Lalala

Yeah I think it'll happen to us all eventually :eek:

after messing around with the ramp for hours and not fixing it. i installed "mirror blades" in the getaway. they really improve the look of it. basically mirrors on the side of the playfield as opposed to black wood. i put a new engine toy in it too. it might not play right at the minute, but it looks good haha

pin1.jpg

pin2.jpg

pin3.jpg

pin4.jpg

pin5.jpg

That is sweet, very shiny, like the mirrors, quite the fast table I recall..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

heres mine atm

3-1-2.jpg

That looks gorgeous stinkyfinger. Is that a wooden floor, lino or something else? Hard to tell when on the mobile, nice effect to it.

Respect to yourself, keithgeo, Jack and any other pin owner. The pics you post all look great, colours really pop. You should throw up the odd video sometime to do them justice with the sound effects. So glad I never got hooked on them as a kid, the wallet couldn't take the strain. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous stinkyfinger. Is that a wooden floor, lino or something else? Hard to tell when on the mobile, nice effect to it.

Respect to yourself, keithgeo, Jack and any other pin owner. The pics you post all look great, colours really pop. You should throw up the odd video sometime to do them justice with the sound effects. So glad I never got hooked on them as a kid, the wallet couldn't take the strain. :pac:

Theres still time, no room for me until i get my extension...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Had a video of my No Good Gofers, sadly its gone on the ferry to England to a new home!

That's thing thing you pin heads seem to do a lot, swap & trade tables...pinball swinging if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That's thing thing you pin heads seem to do a lot, swap & trade tables...pinball swinging if you will.

Ha ha swinging their little shiny balls :D

Can't beat a bit of juvenile humour in the morning...

Class looking room though !!!

Andrew76 wrote: »

I wish,
    The carpet is the biggest let down in the room.
    Its impossible to find "arcade" carpet with blacklight thread in small amounts at reasonable cost.
    at the moment its just 4 of these Ikea rugs cut to fit the room.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/textiles-rugs/rugs/hulsig-rug-low-pile-grey-art-10250201/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

heres mine atm

3-1-2.jpg
    There is my defender marque keeping warm:)
    Looks well, make some room in there:eek:

after messing around with the ramp for hours and not fixing it. i installed "mirror blades" in the getaway. they really improve the look of it. basically mirrors on the side of the playfield as opposed to black wood. i put a new engine toy in it too. it might not play right at the minute, but it looks good haha
    Love the blades, where did you get them?
    That looks like the exact ramp that's in my whirlwind, is it just clicking and not going up/down?

There is my defender marque keeping warm:)
    Looks well, make some room in there:eek:

Speaking of marquees,
    got this beauty at the weekend.
    Guy I got it from said he remembers buying the machine new back in the day.
    IMAG0564.jpg

He gave me a bunch of manuals from his old games.
    some long gone gold,
    Sega hang on,nintendo playchoice etc etc

He bought a Turbo Outrun machine back in the day??? :eek:

He bought a Turbo Outrun machine back in the day??? :eek:

Yep,said it paid for itself 10 times over.
    then stopped earning so it met an untimely end :(
    He had no old school cabs left unfortunately

Yep,said it paid for itself 10 times over.
    then stopped earning so it met an untimely end :(
    He had no old school cabs left unfortunately

Jeez, savage cab to own I'd say. I shudder to think what 'untimely end' means...

• Advertisement

CdtCoa8W0AAIF26.jpg

gambling_machine_fire_china.jpg

china_cab_2.jpg

100923-purewind-01.jpg

2012123114737814_109930.JPG

The top pic is pure horror. The others are fine, from memory they're rubbish Chinese things or something?

This is how you burn Arcades!
    daytona%20burn%201.JPG
    turbo%20burn%201.JPG
    defender%203%20burn%201.JPG
    neo%20burn%201.JPG

Ok you win the burn arcades pics tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This is how you burn Arcades!
    daytona%20burn%201.JPG
    turbo%20burn%201.JPG
    defender%203%20burn%201.JPG
    neo%20burn%201.JPG

culkin-shocked-face.png

Love the blades, where did you get them?
    That looks like the exact ramp that's in my whirlwind, is it just clicking and not going up/down?

Bought the mirror blades from "ministry of pinball" expensive, but they really look amazing.

The ramp was just flopping up and down in the middle ..

its working now mostly, but it just seems to be delayed every now and again, eg it will catch the ball under it sometimes and you have to wait for it to flick out. i think it just needs more adjusting now to get right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry for invading this sacred arcade space, but I was rooting around on the interweb for a tankstick skin... don't ask, and I saw this puppy...
    USB controllers for cocktail cab projects
    They look really nice imho
    RM-XT-COCK-CON-2T.jpg

RM-XT-COCK-CON-5T.jpg

Expensive, I guess at €199 for a set, but I imagine, coupled with a RP3 in scratch build they'd be ideal, especially if you aren't of a mind to build a control panel yourself, well particularly if you don't want to or lack the skillz.... like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Maybe it's just me but when I look at the button layout all I can see is

tumblr_lzh5rlUBm31qffu7jo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe it's just me but when I look at the button layout all I can see is

tumblr_lzh5rlUBm31qffu7jo1_500.jpg

Yeah, but I think the site can customise the button lay out.
    Still, if I was rolling in dosh and building a cocktail cab, it looks like a good solution.

Advertisement