Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

They do look nice, the veneer is a nice touch. I'm sure if you considered the time and money involved in fabricating a similar cp from scratch these would be a good alternative. The button configuration would be a problem that could be easily overcome if there was a choice of layouts available. The option to use different sticks or buttons wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They do look nice alright, nice finish.

In other news finally swapped out the main power lead going to the Astro. The old one had no ground cable, Japanese i presume.
    Added an extension lead inside just in case.
    Connected the marquee light to the extension lead.
    Had to make sure it can still all come apart easily for future moving.
    46C90F91-6D55-4694-A2F5-8DC3D2044FFA_zpsujqcyou0.jpg

Anybody tried one of these hole punches?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q-Max-Sheet-Metal-Punch-Hole-Punch-30-0-mm-/310198589359?hash=item483946d7af:g:e40AAOSwGvhULPU7

-decided to order one,cheaper on amazon
    about 21e delivered inc parcel motel

Nope, but heard good things.
    Was gonna get one but went with the metal hole drill bit.
    We should have a communal boards.ie tool box.
    I have a rubber mallet for T-molding that I only used once. Long list of tools like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have a metal drill bit set so never used a hole punch but heard they are good

I was only thinking today that I have to get a rubber mallet for some t moulding I have to put on. Ended up getting one on the way home from work. Knowing full well I will use it maybe a handful of times. Wasn't expensive but all those parts add up

• Advertisement

I have a metal drill bit set so never used a hole punch but heard they are good

I was only thinking today that I have to get a rubber mallet for some t moulding I have to put on. Ended up getting one on the way home from work. Knowing full well I will use it maybe a handful of times. Wasn't expensive but all those parts add up

Yeah that's the thing, never use it again but will always trip over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

As some of you know I've got a Ridge Racer Upright arcade machine. Maybe someone might know, if I purchased a Ridge Racer 2 PCB only(no io boards etc) can I just plug it in and play away? I mean it is all the same controller boards and IO boards as far as I know, but maybe someone knows for sure?

Cheers

Steve X2 wrote: »
    As some of you know I've got a Ridge Racer Upright arcade machine. Maybe someone might know, if I purchased a Ridge Racer 2 PCB only(no io boards etc) can I just plug it in and play away? I mean it is all the same controller boards and IO boards as far as I know, but maybe someone knows for sure?

Cheers

Looks like EnterNow has seen this before :

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46658&KW=Ridge+racer+pcb&PID=621892&title=ridge-racer-1-upgrade-kit#621892]
    All System 22 stuff is rom swappable. All the System 22 boards are the same, the rom set is what makes it a specific game. A rom set on a System 22 board consists of the 4 main code eproms, the sound roms (usually masks or similar), the C-chip (encryption chip), the point rom board and the video rom board, and three pals (although I think they are the same between RR1 and RR2).

eddhorse wrote: »

Hmm, this EnterNow person, sounds like a dodgy sort :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, this EnterNow person, sounds like a dodgy sort :)

Yeah, always promised to come to a Beers then chickened out, to such a degree that they named a statistical law after him...
    The Law of Myrddin EnterNow...

• Advertisement

I was over in the whitewater shopping center in newbridge.
    They got some new games,
    A twin moto GP game.
    Didnt get to play it but its looks fantastic!like this but a twin
    MotoGP-linked2.jpg

also have a midnight run twin,
    another new twin driver,can remember what its called but its got a gothic,monster,hot rod theme.
    Edit- Its dirty driven'
    and a cool arm old wrestling machine.

The big buck hunter HD is still there but the Naomi with virtua striker is gone

I used to play that arm wrestling machine on holidays in Spain, thinking back now to how manky the hand was from sweaty Costa del sol heads playing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Those Moto GP bikes look fantastic!

Beats the crappy Suzuka 8 Hours plastic rectangles I played on "in my day!"

1073051863.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Doge wrote: »
    Those Moto GP bikes look fantastic!

Beats the crappy Suzuka 8 Hours plastic rectangles I played on "in my day!"

1073051863.jpg

Nah, those things just ooze retro charm. The newer version above looks good in that tacky way that some arcade machines can get away with, but when you know it's just a pc inside them it kinda takes away from the magic a little bit for me :( Bespoke arcade hardware ftw!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nah, those things just ooze retro charm. The newer version above looks good in that tacky way that some arcade machines can get away with, but when you know it's just a pc inside them it kinda takes away from the magic a little bit for me :( Bespoke arcade hardware ftw!

Nothing like yanking the jesus out of the Enduro Racer handle-bars back in the day. :D

Enduro_Racer_-_1986_-_Sega.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

https://www.facebook.com/rklok.japanesestuff?fref=nf

ronnie has some stuff incoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »

10 Aero tables??? TEN?!

o1s1n wrote: »
    10 Aero tables??? TEN?!

Really!!??

Does he say how much? I dont have access to fbook where i am now.

Master of the Universe

Really!!??

Apparently theyre all sold but he'd been advertising them across a few arcade forums.

Might be worth firin him a PM, although there's something like 30 comments on the FB photo, so I'd say his inbox has received a deluge of interest already.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Wow. Those areos when mint are gorgeous.... Major Want!

Moved AWSD into living room last night along side Cocktail.
    Candy Cabs all way from here on in. They are just so tidy.
    Might sell woodies now too free up space. Sega Rally maybe too... eek.

20160510_200924.jpg20160510_213103.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh nice

385697.jpg

So Pretty, How sweet is this setup, Astro and an Aero in tandam for 4 player...
    Shutup and take my Money Ronnie!!!

Does side parts come with them all or some?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

kevin2me wrote: »
    Wow. Those areos when mint are gorgeous.... Major Want!

Moved AWSD into living room last night along side Cocktail.
    Candy Cabs all way from here on in. They are just so tidy.
    Might sell woodies now too free up space. Sega Rally maybe too... eek.

20160510_200924.jpg20160510_213103.jpg

Jesus, that is some monster display!

I'm guessing its a projector obviously?

The picture looks unreal for a projected display!

Doge wrote: »
    Jesus, that is some monster display!

I'm guessing its a projector obviously?

The picture looks unreal for a projected display!

Yup, its great pic in fairness, much bette rin person, people think its TV its so clear.
    Its a Epson 9100W, which are great as the work in daylight due to higher lumens, to top it off its Wireless HD too, so no need for wires... Games night in Cork People :) Dublin is where all cool folks live thou :)

Looking to get a projector for my garage eventually, I heard that the screen they are being projected onto is half the battle as well in terms of quality?

Master of the Universe

I was a complete Philistine and just used a white IKEA blind. Did the job :D

Looking to get a projector for my garage eventually, I heard that the screen they are being projected onto is half the battle as well in terms of quality?

Id say worry about PJ first. Mine was pretty good on a cream wall due to model i bought and thats only at low lamp mode, i have living room mode too thats so bright u can watch curtains open. Screen was much better. Or try special paint u can get and skip screen.

Recommend Epsons 6100s or 9100s or try find Panasonic pt6000 2nd hand as it has auto lens memory gor 235:1 or 16:9 at press of button.
    Need any help. Just PM me...

kevin2me wrote: »
    Id say worry about PJ first. Mine was pretty good on a cream wall due to model i bought and thats only at low lamp mode, i have living room mode too thats so bright u can watch curtains open. Screen was much better. Or try special paint u can get and skip screen.

Recommend Epsons 6100s or 9100s or try find Panasonic pt6000 2nd hand as it has auto lens memory gor 235:1 or 16:9 at press of button.
    Need any help. Just PM me...

Will do, thanks

It's going into a room with no Windows as well so that makes things easier is say

Oh nice

385697.jpg

Yea but they absolutely suck to play games on!:D

• Advertisement

Really!!??

Looks like there up for sale, going on his mail out..

"Ronnie Vd Kolk submit to the newsletter on www.rklok.nl. I will send details soon for these..."

Advertisement