Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great work and a great read,

I also have a rubber mallet i have only used once, super effort, shame about the power supply but what can you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well done on this, fantastic work & top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Top class work. Love seeing the results with this sort of effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Put up the tekken 2 marquee and instruction/move strip.

Kind of neat of having them matching a game.
    Feels complete!

IMG_20160704_184458_zpsajm8yvhe.jpg

Minty fresh ! Looks great.

• Advertisement

Still waiting on bits back from coating should be early next week, in the meantime I sanded, cleaned and sprayed the coin inserts metallic silver, keeping in line with the flyer. One of the inserts was silver but the rest were black strangely. Also sanded and painted the bolts for the pedal assembly as I couldnt find a suitable replacement online.

Vexubf6m.jpg

Then I moved onto the bottom section rubber retainer and the brake pedal, some people have gone as far as to get these chromed but its pretty expensive and unnecessary im my opinion. Once I got most of the powdercoating coating off (paintstripper is great for this!) I began sanding at 80 to get rid of any pitting and worked by way up to 2500 and finished it off with a polishing pad and autosol. Very time consuming but worth it to get it right. Other pedal will get the same treatment when I get it back from welder.

5L9jWYqm.jpg

20o4QAdm.jpg

Nice!
    This deserves its own thread.

Nice!
    This deserves its own thread.

Thanks, coming along now. Most of innards back in the cab too, heres a quick video of it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dat ratchetting...

Star Lord wrote: »
    Dat ratchetting...

Lol true. Thumper motor not hooked up yet but I may leave it disconnected, it's very loud...

• Advertisement

Looks great Mozie, super finish on those pedals!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah looks and sounds great! Nice work indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

29p2ng8.jpg
    Moving house and started taking out my arcade boards to put into storage for a couple weeks, I've a lot more than I thought, my missus thinks I should be in one of those programmes about hoarding and that's not all of them either, I've a few more hidden around the apartment!

I'm not selling any of them before ye ask!

Maybe selling them would be a better idea. Your missus is right, hoarder.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »

I think Dr Qurkies has one bitd

Thats deadly, what games could you play on that?

Master of the Universe

Had a bit of a brainwave this evening with the RunDMD.

I took the whole thing apart and reseated everything just in case, nope, definitely dead pixels.

Cursing the fact that I got so unlucky in that the dead pixels are right in the bloody middle, I thought the only solution was to send it off to be fixed.

'Wait a minute, what if I reverse the panels????'

And it worked! The two lines of dead pixels are now no longer in the middle of the image, making it unusable, they're on the very edge on each side. Which pretty much makes them unnoticeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Had a bit of a brainwave this evening with the RunDMD.

I took the whole thing apart and reseated everything just in case, nope, definitely dead pixels.

Cursing the fact that I got so unlucky in that the dead pixels are right in the bloody middle, I thought the only solution was to send it off to be fixed.

'Wait a minute, what if I reverse the panels????'

And it worked! The two lines of dead pixels are now no longer in the middle of the image, making it unusable, they're on the very edge on each side. Which pretty much makes them unnoticeable!

Just got the final bits for my RunDMD the other day. Looks deadly I must say, but man I need a case for it.
    Decided I prefer the green colour rather than orange(my panels do red, green and orange).

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Just got the final bits for my RunDMD the other day. Looks deadly I must say, but man I need a case for it.
    Decided I prefer the green colour rather than orange(my panels do red, green and orange).

Is FrancoB still doing those cases? Couldn't recommend it enough, top quality stuff.

• Advertisement

Is FrancoB still doing those cases? Couldn't recommend it enough, top quality stuff.

No :(

I have the plans for the new cases, but finding it hard to get someone to laser cut the acrylic for me.

http://run-dmd.com/product/svg-files-for-the-updated-j_m_-frame

No :(

I have the plans for the new cases, but finding it hard to get someone to laser cut the acrylic for me.

http://run-dmd.com/product/svg-files-for-the-updated-j_m_-frame

Remind me tomorrow I'll do it for you.
    I've got 3mm clear acrylic

Cool :)
    Can you laser cut the holes as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I need one of these in my life, if you are buying parts to build one count me in and cut me some acrylic too:eek:

Cool :)
    Can you laser cut the holes as well?

Just had a quick look at the drawing.
    Its a silly format.
    I converted to a .dxf but some of the drawing went missing.:confused:

So, another option, I got a quote from someone who can do these. He’s based in Kilkenny and has gone over the files and given a basic price. He says as it’s a small run it will be about 60 euro total to get the front and back done. If I get two sets cut it will be less than 100 total and the more I add on the better the price.
    I was actually talking to him on the phone and he seems decent. There’s also the option to get a logo or some text etc engraved. He can do the back panel in black and the front in clear(no smoke option for the front unfortunetly).

http://circlelasersigns.com/

Now I just need to see what’s the best thickness for the acrylic, 3-4-5-8mm seem to be the options. I’m guessing 4 or 5mm is a decent thickness for the front and maybe the same for the back.

o1s1n , how thick is the francob case/holder?

4 or 5mm is way too thick imo.
    Hang on,I'll take another look.
    I can do it for way cheaper!!!!
    and do the logo/text etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Any decent (cheap) PAL shmups/arcadey stuff for the Xbox 360 on disc ? I've a jammacon interface I want to test but no XBLA access for the digital stuff.

4 or 5mm is way too thick imo.
    Hang on,I'll take another look.
    I can do it for way cheaper!!!!
    and do the logo/text etc

Yeah check it out and see what you can do. I'm not sure what the thickness should be really. Maybe o1s1n can check his francob one as thats meant to be awesome.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The FrancoB one is pretty thick, I'd say it's about 4-5mm. It's so thick that I use it as a standing clock rather than a wall mounted one.

Will check this evening when I get in from work :)

Advertisement