Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What an amazing place. If I won the Euro lotto I'd recreate the same over here. An entire floor of 100+ shmups, jesus! :cool:

Every arcade in Japan is insane.
    Id recommend anyone to make the trip before it's too late.

Daytona 3 coming to arcades

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

And another new/returning Arcade Racer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And another new/returning Arcade Racer

Jaysus, that's wretched!
    And the song... not a classic in the making me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So anyone order a NeoSD cart yet ?

Quite a long thread about it over on Neogeo forums, Razoola has done some testing on it and it appears to be the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Quite a long thread about it over on Neogeo forums, Razoola has done some testing on it and it appears to be the real deal.

Explain it in 10 words and why i need it :)

FYI the JammaCon is now connected to the playstation daughter board and hooked up to a Xbox original with CoinOps8 in my Astro City, working great so far :)

eddhorse wrote: »
    Explain it in 10 words and why i need it :)

Accurately plays Neo Geo games unlike the multi cart hacks :)
    eddhorse wrote: »
    FYI the JammaCon is now connected to the playstation daughter board and hooked up to a Xbox original with CoinOps8 in my Astro City, working great so far :)

Your lack of confidence is troubling :D What's the button mapping like with that setup, do you have all the necessary buttons ?

can you put a few on and make up your own multicart?

• Advertisement

can you put a few on and make up your own multicart?

Yep, is SD card based so can put the whole library on it. Basically its an Everdrive for Neogeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Accurately plays Neo Geo games unlike the multi cart hacks :)

Don't get me started on those multi carts. I had one in a cab for a while due to lazyness and they just don't cut it. Glad I didn't sell off my MVS collection!

Yep, is SD card based so can put the whole library on it. Basically its an Everdrive for Neogeo.

Thats cool,
    cant see any vids of it in action.
    Theres is only 3 neo geo games you need anyways.

league bowling
    neo turf masters
    would cup soccer 98

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Neo Cup 98 is the finest football game ever made, only one I'll play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was hoping this was for the AES, not just MVS. Still very cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thats cool,
    cant see any vids of it in action.
    Theres is only 3 neo geo games you need anyways.

league bowling
    neo turf masters
    would cup soccer 98

:D

+ Puzzle Bobble
    + Metal Slug

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Basically its an Everdrive for Neogeo.

A very expensive one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Your lack of confidence is troubling :D What's the button mapping like with that setup, do you have all the necessary buttons ?

Yes in the midst of the button remapping etc now.
    The Xbox controller has many a button so need to try and remap to my 6 + 6 + 2 Astro.

Future versions of Coinops will be released on PC which is also interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll wait for Krikzz to make one, perhaps have some change out of €150

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll wait for Krikzz to make one, perhaps have some change out of €150

Unlikely I think, he's got no interest in low volume stuff like MVS/AES. Everything 'Neogeo' does seem to attract a premium alright :(

• Advertisement

I suppose.
    I no longer have an MVS board anyhow.

Damn, the connection from my RP3 to the cab monitor is always going peculiar.
    I have a HDMI to VGA connector in place, and when it works it's fine, but it randomly decides that it is not connected correctly and the screen corrupts, demanding some vague wiggling of the connector before it works again.
    Any suggestions for a better fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have a HDMI to VGA connector in place, and when it works it's fine, but it randomly decides that it is not connected correctly and the screen corrupts, demanding some vague wiggling of the connector before it works again.

I'd say its the VGA cable connector itself. You have the connector screwed in yea?

Anyone have a AES they are looking to sell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

So I finally got my retro bar/tabletop arcade finally laser cut today with with the Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPie soon to be installed. :-) Controls came today. LCD will be here tomorrow.

Got a fun weekend ahead. :-)

fe031h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Which connector?

Could just be a weird VGA cable, I have one of those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got It up and running this evening!

wje4gg.jpg

Imagine this rig in the mancave. The noise!

IMG_20161114_185027_zpsqcs7apnu.jpg

IMG_20161114_190121_zpsz17zihp9.jpg

CxMQFOkW8AQLTXO.jpg:large

Well, it was going to happen at some stage. My Ridge Racer just won’t boot up anymore :( The PSU has been on the way out since I got it, but there was always a work around to get it up and running (power up for 30 mins or so, then power cycle and it would always boot up). Now it won’t come on no matter what. I can hear the PSU fans moving as they normally do, but no game.

Looks like I’ll need to send the PSU and maybe the Game board as well over to Grant in the UK to get looked at. The PSU is a heavy monster, so it’ll be pricey shipping it :(

• Advertisement

Bad times, Grant doesn't do repairs on old PSU's :(
    He did say you can use an ATX power supply, but I think you need to change quite a bit to get it running.

Advertisement