Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

More of a lurker here. But I can confirm that I am love.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Bad times, Grant doesn't do repairs on old PSU's :(
    He did say you can use an ATX power supply, but I think you need to change quite a bit to get it running.

Ah ****e! That's a bit of a pain. Is the PSU some non standard one? I would have thought it uses a standard arcade switching PSU?
    More of a lurker here. But I can confirm that I am love.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah ****e! That's a bit of a pain. Is the PSU some non standard one? I would have thought it uses a standard arcade switching PSU?

:eek:

nah ,driver cabs and gun cabs to an extant normally have dedicated psu's even though most have similar requiremtns voltage wise its more so to drive the other boards , might be worth throwing a wanted on ukvac for the psu i thought i saw a ridgefacer being broken recently i could have imagined that .or maybe videotronics might have 1 listed .

If it were me......

I'd pull the old one apart and as grant said stuff an ATX into the old box.
    Keeping all the old sockets etc in the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If it were me......

I'd pull the old one apart and as grant said stuff an ATX into the old box.
    Keeping all the old sockets etc in the right places.

Yeah, thats what I'd like. But I'm not great with PSU stuff really. I know it needs 30A on the 5v rail, and 12v I think for the sound. But I'd rather have someone with more experience than me set on up. Don't want to completely knacker the thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just back from a barcade in New York. Such good fun. That place opening in Smithfield is going to make a fortune.

Yeah, thats what I'd like. But I'm not great with PSU stuff really. I know it needs 30A on the 5v rail, and 12v I think for the sound. But I'd rather have someone with more experience than me set on up. Don't want to completely knacker the thing :)

Its really easy,
    I used an atx before when I was stuck for a jamma cab.

loads of guides online for making them into bench PSUs for testing etc,

The jist of it is

-chop of all the plugs and join the wires of the same colours together!

5v is non adjustable on them but its solid

Just back from a barcade in New York. Such good fun. That place opening in Smithfield is going to make a fortune.

I was in one in san fran last year and it was hoping at 3 0clock on a friday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One of the lads on the pinballinfo forum is nominated for games room of the year.
    Any chance of a vote for him?!

Greg is his name, thanks

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/games-room-vote/?branch_used=true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Have a read of this it might help

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/system-22-ridge-racer-power-pinout_topic337644.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Wonder would superdome sell their naomi, its a sega sports jam that's not on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Needs some love says Ronnie.
    €2300.

Christ.

FB_IMG_1480365531937_zpsffolomre.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mucho denari, gorgeous cab but way too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

€2300.

Christ.

Does it dry the clothes as well as wash them?
    Found this sneak pic of his warehouse :)
    garageappliances.jpg

Master of the Universe

Looks like it was dropped down an elevator shaft.

Fook,
    Thats pinball money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

lol I think i rather spend the 2300 on the washing machines than that frankencab

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Selling off some of my shmups if anyone is interested. Much better spend than that cab. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676697
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676698

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

€2300.

Christ.

All I can see is
    ugly-duckling-1430229007.jpg

• Advertisement

tooth.jpg

Terrible looking thing to my eyes. I wouldnt have it for 200 euro!

Master of the Universe

They're a gorgeous little 19 inch cabinet once they've been done up.

P1040638.jpg

€2300 for a knackared one though has to be taking the piss. That's €900 more than I paid for my 25 inch Pony which came freshly painted and minty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You'd need a bucket of filler and a respray facility on hand to get the cab back to spec
    So, take that 2300 and add another 600 to it... 2900 for a candy cab!!!

I'd have that one for €200, maybe €250 ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    They're a gorgeous little 19 inch cabinet once they've been done up.

P1040638.jpg

€2300 for a knackared one though has to be taking the piss. That's €900 more than I paid for my 25 inch Pony which came freshly painted and minty.

Did you say pony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I just don't like candy cabs in general. I find them soulless.
    can't beat a nice wood-grained, spider-filled, marquee-adorned piece of kit.

as an aside, when did they come to the west first ? I just don't remember them being around when I was a kid or teen .
    Is it just a byproduct of the everything-japan-is-awesome craze that seems to be dominating and re-writing the history of video games in europe these days ?

BGOllie wrote: »
    I just don't like candy cabs in general. I find them soulless.
    can't beat a nice wood-grained, spider-filled, marquee-adorned piece of kit.

as an aside, when did they come to the west first ? I just don't remember them being around when I was a kid or teen .
    Is it just a byproduct of the everything-japan-is-awesome craze that seems to be dominating and re-writing the history of video games in europe these days ?

I'd never played them here in Ireland as a kid, it was all woodies and the like. But when I started going to Japan around 2002/2003 I first experienced them and thought they were awesome. I then forgot about them, wanted an arcade machine years later and this forum reminded me about them :)

I think they both have their place, but i do prefer a Candy to a Woodie these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

One of each is the happy medium :)

Easier get the cleaner looking candy past the missus into the house though :)

I got the Classic upright in first (waahey!)
    The candy came later.
    If I'm to be honest, the upright has far more value in terms of nostalgia but the candy screen... It's just gorgeous!

• Advertisement

I got the Classic upright in first (waahey!)
    The candy came later.
    If I'm to be honest, the upright has far more value in terms of nostalgia but the candy screen... It's just gorgeous!

Advertisement