Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just trying to decide the best mortal kombat to put into a dedicated cab.

I was thinking, possible to hook up a ps1 to jamma and run MK trilogy on it, Or even use a ps2 since it will do the same job

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was thinking, possible to hook up a ps1 to jamma and run MK trilogy on it, Or even use a ps2 since it will do the same job

6 slot multi Jamma and load her up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

JammCon from LastBandit will do all the PS1/PS2 to jamma hard work.

I'd be going for the Jamma pi yoke myself!

Still waiting for cathaldublin to do a review :rolleyes:
    (we want video!!!!)

Totally forgot to update the outrun restore, Cab has since been finished :) a lot of work went into it, plastics took ages and still on the lookout for a nice condition steering wheel but it was worth it in the end to have a nice Outrun cabaret in the front room...

IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    outrun2.jpg
    how do you upload a picture

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looks great mozie, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

a mini. not a lot of these around. nice work, looks mint.
    The dashboard on mine's has a couple of cracks and cigarette burns. I like the idea of a mint replacement but the scratches and cigarette marks on it give it a bit of history and genuine arcade vibe .
    The galaga cab has a few bits written with a knife on the inside of the panel ("declan + orla" type of stuff and a few other fellas being told they're gay apparently ) that I initially was going to fix but now declan and orla have a whole history in my head and I just can't bear to get rid of them :D:D

The plastics on this were a nightmare too, cracked and destroyed with cigarette burns, alot of plastic weld, rubbing down, filler, repeat et al and finally got it sorted, brought it to a panel beater to get the paint matched and mixed and more rubbing down, spraying and lacquering to finish it off. These outruns seem prone to the plastic cracking and the burns. Wonder where Declan and Orla are now... no names on any of mine but did find a 2 shilling piece from 1955 wedged in the bottom of the cocktail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Totally forgot to update the outrun restore, Cab has since been finished a lot of work went into it, plastics took ages and still on the lookout for a nice condition steering wheel but it was worth it in the end to have a nice Outrun cabaret in the front room...

Looks fantastic thanks for sharing

finally got around doing the electrics and connections on the future Double Dragon cab :) Need to start working on cosmetics now .. .and get a double dragon pcb :D
    18011109_10155237129498276_3145499770697354248_n.jpg?oh=17fc481da398438a23f42c4e5b430f4a&oe=5984329B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Totally forgot to update the outrun restore, Cab has since been finished :) a lot of work went into it, plastics took ages and still on the lookout for a nice condition steering wheel but it was worth it in the end to have a nice Outrun cabaret in the front room...

Looking great, always stellar restores mate...
    That one gonna be someones holy grail in a few years if not already!
    Keep them coming, hope all is well mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

BGOllie wrote: »
    finally got around doing the electrics and connections on the future Double Dragon cab :) Need to start working on cosmetics now .. .and get a double dragon pcb :D

Don't worry I've got that PCB for you :) Well its in the attic somewhere playing with the mice.

made some paper templates just to check everything for size (resized the bezel art up a bit so all the bottom art is visible since ) .. ordered some repro art from muddymusic & waiting for controls and t molding to arrive already

18010855_10155243402263276_1546558767950988639_n.jpg?oh=61644ef9e8b44ad3b795747ccdba97bb&oe=599AEFA1

Just need a proper coin door now... ... and a pcb :D

Anyone here know off hand what the thickest material a sanwa button can clip into?

I just rebuilt a wooden cp with 3mm steel plate recessed into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone here know off hand what the thickest material a sanwa button can clip into?

I just rebuilt a wooden cp with 3mm steel plate recessed into it.

This is the Sanwa OBSC-30 if it helps.

arcade-pb-obsf30-data.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

looks like the new Daytona has hit cork !

https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

geotrig wrote: »
    looks like the new Daytona has hit cork !

https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements?lang=en

If anyone fancies a One on One in "da Col" as us corkonians call it let me know!

Anyone else get that mail from Ronnie today.

€2000 for a pony!

Bit saucy alright !

It's all gone a bit ridiculous in the past 12 months, still his obviously shifting them, there probably already gone..

• Advertisement

I've brought in 2 candies in the past but that is a joke.
    At the end of the day thats a crt and a psu in a metal box.

Makes 2K pins look like a bargain.
    2300e for a neogeo 19 thats rough as a badgers arse?
    he can go and ****e !

He must be selling them though.

I could justify that price if they came newly sprayed and cleaned but they arnt. Mine still had a few spiders living in the back.

Mine were manky too but he does offer them tarted up for a 'premium' price... shipping seems excessive too considering I've had cabs shipped from elsewhere in europe to my door for 150.

Yeah I sent a pin to UK for €100 IIRC

Just finished up my next project, picked up a naomi cheap from ebay a while back, I made a lowball offer and it was accepted. Cab arrived from italy a few weeks later and was in the usual naomi condition, yellowed, cracks, spills, riveted on coin slot?!? etc but did have a naomi motherboard and zero gunner 2 cart. Picture was too good to be a sanwa 29e31s, I've had a few of these some better than others but I've had alot of problems with them too. Was delighted to find it had a nanao ms2932-s with a toshiba tube.

Anyways set about chopping it last weekend, respraying, filling sanding etc. The corner of the monitor surround was missing a large chunk on one side but luckily when I removed it most of the pieces had fallen inside and were still there, I was able to use an old soldering iron to bond the plastic pieces back together. The chopping process is well documented online and is actually relatively straight forward tbh. Decided to go with new net city livery as I had access to most of it minus the leg artwork which goes for silly money but I might try reproduce that myself further down the line if I can get a decent scan of it. Picked up a dimm across the pond and made up a cf adapter for convenience ;) forgot how much I missed virtua tennis too...great game!

image_0_02_01_c693b7ccbe8bbc9009f6ae71459da48c1c36a5104ac00ad00089b18a487a0e69_V.jpg
    image_0_02_01_3418ee18f2bac195ddab2e73c2453f4f262402207976b1970fe42e87f94271d9_V.jpg
    image_0_02_01_65f752cbf99e7c1d7af30dd46117c8fc56e6e8ee5a4b78507d3edcd5c98e9804_V.jpg
    image_0_02_01_4fb0c6e075a8ae05b38f989cef6cd89b673b7b247e3200d669415705b31513fb_V.jpg
    image_0_02_01_1566c9b8d646a269ede9edc564c972ad429be503db68caf6f18d6705c6edb98f_V.jpg

Very very nice

Looks great Mozie, you are killing it at the moment !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

you've gotta get that out to celtic throwdown, mozie

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's some job! The monitor looks to be in fantastic nick too.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, plenty of spares around too so another Naomi on the way, going tate on the next one while the chop process and disassemble/reassemble is fresh in my head :)

Advertisement