Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah thats a pretty insane price, along with a lot of Ronnies stuff. Thats getting into the higher end of dmd pinball machine prices.

I seen a VS City for sale for £700 on jamma+, id love to get one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

airmax87 wrote: »
    ^^ They look cool but I always wondered if your back/neck would be knackered after playing a tabletop setups for a while

Apparently, as the CRT is so bloody massive, the curve of the screen actually causes an issue when seeing the top half of vertical games :(
    Yeah thats a pretty insane price, along with a lot of Ronnies stuff. Thats getting into the higher end of dmd pinball machine prices.

I seen a VS City for sale for £700 on jamma+, id love to get one of them

To balance things out a bit, I did see he had a blast up for sale in the 700-800 region. Just seems to gouge people on the rarer stuff!

A Versus City would be amazing, some footprint on those yolks.

He also gouges on shipping too so your 700-800 goes to over a 1000 by time it arrives at your door.

Yeah I love that!

Got a T moulding cutter from that French crowd. Goty new cp all set up and the router wouldn't take the bit.

No idea bits came in 8mm. The one I have takes 6.3mm. After waiting a month for it to arrive I was....upset. Nothing a coffee and a club milk didn't fix though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone see this from Ronnie the other day?

Always wanted an Aero Table...but that price :eek:

SEGA AERO Table

Wiring : Jamma
    Original screen 26 inch (nanao/tishiba) ,good condition no visible burn-in
    All Original parts
    Condition : Overall good, some paintchips and scratches
    Price : 2295 euro

Links for photos :

http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/2908Aerotable%20(1).jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/2908Aerotable%20(2).jpg
    http://www.rklok.nl/pics/Stock/2908Aerotable%20(3).jpg

I'd want the cab shell to be professionally stripped and resprayed (not by a lad in a shed), newer CRT etc. for that price. Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Just seen the following link on the old facebook:

http://wildwoodvideoarchive.com/boardwalk-malls-retro-arcade-games-sale/

Pretty cool, but it's particularly nostalgic for me. I spent a summer in that town on J1 during college, I think it was a year or two before the place came into existence though!

Master of the Universe

How feasible would it be to import a cab directly from Japan?

Just spotted a Pony II 18 on yahoo Japan, this comes out at a little under 500 euro. Ronnie would charge 2500 for one of these...

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f247294444

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

probably from 400-800 (guessitmate on a pallet )at least for palleting or crating as some might not take it un- crated and clearing fee's loading un loading , but nearly impossible to do unless you have some one there that can take it or collect it for you , no deputy service will take it for you.

That is fairly rough as well different topper and hard to tell if the screen has burn or not from the crap photo (reflections in it ) .prices for cabs for a while on yaj haven't been great, a lot going for a lot of money, some even more than here !games pcb have been mental for ages now on yaj.

Master of the Universe

Well there goes that idea! :eek:

it bloody easier import a car ! :problem: it is doable just start getting friendly with someone that could take delivery of a cab for you !!

• Advertisement

My friend works for a car import company, I'll ask him. They have a depot in Japan and all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I usually pay 300-500 euro for a pallet/container section from Japan. Thats not a full container, just a section of a shared 20ft-40ft container.

My friend works for a car import company, I'll ask him. They have a depot in Japan and all

I know someone with a big shed in waterford that could take in a container load....

you!!!!

Currently storing a noruat poker machine thats a Christmas for a lad I know. Hasn't been officially serviced since 1982, should see the burn in on it. Monitor takes 20 mins to turn on. Its getting collected tonight, tested it last night, thank god it didn't decide to die while I had it

But yeah, ye all want to get a container shipped over I'll store the lot! I'll only ask for a blast city to be there for me when it arrives :p

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I usually pay 300-500 euro for a pallet/container section from Japan. Thats not a full container, just a section of a shared 20ft-40ft container.

yeah thats groupage , a container spreads the cost fairly well but outside of some one being able to take the cab in the 1st place it might be a non runner and as said some carriers might insist on it being packaged in a certain way.
    Also i have in my head it could be hard to make the actual payment as well...

if it was easy or cheap we would see people bringing in individual cabs all over europe in bigger numbers

Master of the Universe

Finally got off my lazy arse and put a new starter in the SNK lightbox, forgot I had that sexy pink tinge bulb in there :D

Need to dig out the marquee holder for the Pony too and get some artwork into them.
    IMG_20171222_155608802.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Has anyone ever purchased a cab from the UK? If so how much was the shipping?

Has anyone ever purchased a cab from the UK? If so how much was the shipping?
    Brought a good few in over the years and it's never been the same ,it ranged from 80 to near 200 ,depending on location ,loading facilities etc ,man with a van if doable is normally the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

geotrig wrote: »
    Brought a good few in over the years and it's never been the same ,it ranged from 80 to near 200 ,depending on location ,loading facilities etc ,man with a van if doable is normally the best.

Thanks. I was thinking of hiring a van when the machine im after comes up. Ive been stalking Jamma+ forums for the last few months. Is there any other sources of machines in the uk that you know of?

I rang my local delivery company that was part of The Pallet Network. Shipped a pinball to the UK for about €100 if I remember.

I'd say Jamma+ and UKVAC are the heat sources for cabs

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I only just realised you can save soft dip settings with the 111 in 1 MVS multi board :eek: - I've been playing games on the default settings, so no blood and the hardest, level 8 difficulty.

If you open a game, make changes on the soft dip, let the game run and then do a soft reset by holding the 1 player button for 5 seconds, it actually saves the settings to the MVS cart's backup RAM.

Can't believe I didn't know that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I miss my NeoGeo mobo and GNet mobo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

moved here since I posted it in the wrong topic

might as well share the progress of the restoration here : )
    Giving the Pacman cabaret cab a quick inspection and looking at how much work is needed (a lot!! but I knew that and it's all part of the fun) :

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I need some vinyl dye to fix some yellowed plastic, anyone know who stocks it? (Halfords?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi I am looking to order up some Marquee and Bezel Artwork, anyone recommend anywhere, was thinking RockstarPrint.co.uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to order up some Marquee and Bezel Artwork, anyone recommend anywhere, was thinking RockstarPrint.co.uk ?

Olly in the UK is one of the best out there:
    www.arcadeartshop.com

Very flexible and helpful with re-sizes etc

Do you have the artwork you want?

finally got the pcb working and rebuilt (new caps, flyback , coil, IC and regulators) G07 the monitor. Had some sync issues that are mostly fix , aside from a tiny bit of curl still present on top right corner but I think I know where that's coming from.
    Ordered some wood grain vinyl for the sides and artwork from Olly

27858607_10156137416868276_2125690566845949824_n.jpg?oh=fac6f59f6cd7f9116c1801ab54d99e3b&oe=5AE40EE4

finally fixed the issue with the curl on the G07 monitor.
    The cap kit comes with a little H sync mod to help with more modern games, but after reading online this can cause more issues than it can fix some times . I reverted the mod on the monitor and boom. picture is nice and straight and the sync is stable now.
    The last thing to iron out is to add a couple of big caps that aren't present on the G07 FB0 (but present on a G07 CB0 - the 19 inch model) model to restore the horizontal width that shrinks a bit after installing a new flyback (adjusting the horizontal coil in this case doesn't restore it completely).

Got the t moulding and wood vinyl on now, just waiting for the artwork to arrive in hopefully a couple of weeks. This one took a while. especially the wood repairs at the bottom and sides.

27657175_10156153415893276_8544679403212665824_n.jpg?oh=cc8540f9fd4ba71a81c661384f714755&oe=5ADBD053

here's the vid of the wood repair. I need to edit the monitor repair footage soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was in "base" in Lexlip at a kids party the weekend and spotted this Spiderman pinball for anyone looking for machines to play. it needs a good playfield scrub!

They also had a giant Space Invaders game, i dont generally like newer arcade games but this was a huge screen with two guns you fire at the aliens. it looked impressive.

spiderman1.jpeg

spiderman2.jpeg

spiderman3.jpeg

Space Invaders Frenzy! this isnt my image just found it on the internet, its the same thing though. pretty impressive looking.

a3e7211e5bb103135b90b9d40174e5b8.jpg

Advertisement