Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You trying to merge the cat with the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've been busy with work so havent really had time to properly unpack in the new house. I got my main 3D printers setup and a few arcade machines today. It's not much, but it feels like a proper home now that I have my little inside arcade alcove.
    Yes, that is a baby gate/wall. A temporary solution to keep the toddler out :)

This weekend I hope to setup the games room and workshop a bit. Workshop I'm most excited about as I'll at last have lots of room to setup my maker area(laser, cnc, more printers etc). And my nearest neighbour is quite a bit away so no problems with noise or any of that stuff. I am living in the sticks now, but that's how i like it :)

sCu13T1.jpg

v4fxTIL.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Looks awesome, love the baby jail bars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Looking great Steve. I still have a few bits to 3d print when you're back up and running. I'd love to settle down in the sticks myself too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks great! Out of curiosity, what would ye consider the sticks? Because, you need at least an inch of cow sh1te on the road for it to be the sticks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good work Steve, would be great to get an area like that.

Looks great! Out of curiosity, what would ye consider the sticks? Because, you need at least an inch of cow sh1te on the road for it to be the sticks! :P

Ah, only 10mins drive outside Bray town in Windgates. So not proper proper sticks I guess.
    But, its quite high up the side of Bray Head around farmland and the golf course(so there's sheep sh1te if that counts).

This is the view from my office right now of little sugar loaf, so it adds to the feeling of remoteness, which again, i like :)

fhD3udJ.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm in the sticks also, as those searching for my house will confirm.
    But if I squint I can see my place of work on the coast, the various towers there are most visible

Ah that's some lovely view in fairness! Well worth a bit of sleep sh1te

• Advertisement

I ran up that little sugarloaf once, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Well worth a bit of sleep sh1te

Your presumably unintended typo reminded me of this

spud.jp

I do have awful spelling and proof reading!

I was playing Ridge Racer last night and decided to load it up on the Egret 3 via emulation at the same time to see the difference(so real PCB vs emulated).
    The emulated version was super smooth and looked like a clean 60fps via MAME(and looked awesome on that big candy CRT), but the real PCB looks around 30fps when I actually compare them.

Is MAME enhancing the game by default, was the game meant to play in 60fps originally or what's happening. Don't get me wrong, i still prefer the real deal, I'm just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Inviere

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, i still prefer the real deal

Sure you do Steve, 30fps all the way :D Joking aside, I'm not entirely sure...MAME is all about accuracy really, so I very much doubt its altering the game very much. Is it a screen thing perhaps, like going from 15Khz to 30Khz on the E3?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Copy and paste jobbie from an article I found about the res/framerate of the original game;

The game ran at a high resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, at a full 60 frames per second, which was unprecedented for a 3D video game at the time.

I’ll record a video at 60fps and see if there’s a noticeable difference on that. If there is I’ll post it here.
    Maybe I’m just going mad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Whats the best place to get t-moulding, chrome to be precise. Took a cab shell off of Ollie for a renovation project I'm working on but the moulding needs replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

finally finished the restoration on this guy. most work I've put in a cab so far, but well worth the time and effort :)

30123969_10156311666913276_69730121195454464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3cba94424dc08f97af2b77f689d16688&oe=5B642392

A bonny, a beauty and a joy forever!

• Advertisement

Looks fab Ollie, welll done! I've also been busy finishing up my second Dinoking the weekend, went for a more classic sega theme this time and one of my favourite games although I only have the tourvision and cart at the moment, translated and vectored what art I could find. It's currently running the taito 20 in 1, seems a good fit!

dink.jpg
    dinkk.jpg
    dinkoki.jpg
    dinkopp.jpg
    dino.jpg
    dinoking2.jpg
    dinoking3.jpg
    IMAG1063.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's simply incredible

Master of the Universe

:eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek:

I had a feeling your heart would go pitter patter at the sight of that cab!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Now thats class - yea have it imported from Japan or with it come via the NL dude or the UK?

Man that is gorgeous, good job Mozie.

Custom artwork from where?

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had a feeling your heart would go pitter patter at the sight of that cab!

It's a ridiculously nice conversion and the first time I've seen one in the same league as that Ghouls N'Ghosts Dinoking posted over on AO.

The Fantazy Zone artwork is absolutely perfect for the design of that cabinet.

Thanks Guys, was a labour of love and these are really nice machines to work on, cab came from Ollie over on UKVac, shiply got it to me for 90 euro too which wasnt too bad. I tried to find what I could get online Artwork wise but not much available, spent ages vectoring what I had and redesigning the rest. Waiting on parts now so I can build a vs adapter the run the 2 side by side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Thanks Guys, was a labour of love and these are really nice machines to work on, cab came from Ollie over on UKVac, shiply got it to me for 90 euro too which wasnt too bad. I tried to find what I could get online Artwork wise but not much available, spent ages vectoring what I had and redesigning the rest. Waiting on parts now so I can build a vs adapter the run the 2 side by side :)

Its lovely Mozie, thats a nice restore.
    But you know you will spend months doing it up only to sell it on again this year :) haha

Still working on the Jamma Noami Sit down one myself, I will finish it bar summer, I said that last summer thou) but arcade room is coming along nicely now.

Also got Chihiro out of Storage and try get it hooked up to initial D for Outrun 2 SP! Must figure out NetDimm \ CF thingy you had on it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kev, can't believe you haven't finished the chop yet, I've 2 done lol.. if you need a hand hooking up the chihiro with the naopi let me know.. you'll just need to burn a new image to sd and setup ip address on chihiro..

Advertisement