Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do I spy a FrancoB jamma fingerboard with a -5v Negatron? :D

That's a really handy solution, so everything between the control panel wiring and the molex connector doesn't have to be touched, even when changing kick harnesses etc. You just plug the CPS1/2 kick harness into one side of the molex.

Yeah, the whole lot is a francoB solution! Yeah. negatron for the mk boards, they need -5v.

If you look at the MK pcbs on my Atomiswave thread you'll see the custom kick harness on them.

IMAG0068.jpg

This still needs to be done if you're hooking up a pc and jpac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Finally got the art for the Bombjack cab from Olly. Conversion is all done now.
    44183965_10156778109013276_5183417539291512832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=ad6dc82efb46b73249c99a5cc73faae8&oe=5C49EB6B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That is a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

About time, nice work Olly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

thanks. also almost done on that cocktail table :) just need to sand down the scratches from the glass

I'd heard report that the angle from the control panel made it awkward but it's not that different from the angle on a the Namco cabs like pacman or galaga. I think it depends how many buttons are present. for a 1 or 2 button dedicated game these are perfectly fine I find. Things could get less confortable on a 6 button setup and are button heavy like versus fighting games or beat em ups .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone know what the colour code for the wires are for one of these harnesses, for my Candy?
    I doesn't really matter, as it is being plumbed into the RPi via a PS3 controller emulator and, even then, the inputs are interpreted by the RetroPi OS.
    I did notice that, as is, only four of the player buttons are registering, not including the start button, which is in line with expectations, so the remaining two will have to be wired directly into the PS3 doodad.

I'd be surprised if there's a standard colour code but I can check mine tonight to help you match up pinout based on the molex pins position.
    as mentioned on my previous posts, I think three buttons (excluding Start) is the max that you will pick up on the jamma edge without getting the soldering iron out.

I don't know anything about the PS3 controller emulator thing but I presume you have some piece of kit that hooks up to the jamma connector in the same way i have to use a jpac for my pc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    via a PS3 controller emulator

Does that not introduce significant input lag? Would you give any consideration to putting a low powered pc back in there, it'd walk all over the Pi, & with RetroArch, you can now reduce input lag so much that it rivals original hardware...

I'm after finding a line of code that can be popped into Retropie that straightens out the identifying of Player 2.
    As for input lag, no noticable lag no, some solutions can introduce lag but this one not really, none I'm noticing anyway.

As for replacing the Pi, I'm pretty happy with it as it is, and that's before I update Retropie to use my neglected RPi3B+.
    I'm not chasing cutting edge emu, so far it runs almost everything I want or need, bar Super Hexagon and Tempest 2000!!

• Advertisement

Well, that was no fun at all!

After an hour or two in the company of Kerbdog we/he finally got everything working/registering, with a little bypass required on the AWSD kick which brings button 6 to the normally installed Atomiswave hardware.

However....

It did take a bit of fiddling, via the mysteries of the command line, to get Retropie to recoginise the Xin-Mo adaptor as two controllers.

Following this, things are still in bizarro world, as Emulationstation seems determined to confound the input setup on player two, making button 6 a select/credit button against my wishes.

More Googling required!

Edit: Seems I'm either going to have to find a new button to assign as "select" for Player Two or, perhaps, rewire the existing select button to both Player One and Two.

Fiddled with the cab again last night.
    It seems bizarre that I can't set up the controls for two players, it insists on an extra select button, and I've no where to put one!
    I might try making the current assigned "hotkey" the select button for player two and use the select shortcuts instead.
    Might work, I'll have a crack at it again this evening.

On a brighter note, I can confirm that Robotron works a treat with the two sticks!

Does anyone know if Ibara or any of those later Cave games work on FBA, the latest version of same I have running on my RPi3?
    Might ssh some of the Cave titles across from the PC, see how that goes.

Don't know a whole lot about fba but I was under the impression the newer cave games didn't run

Don't know a whole lot about fba but I was under the impression the newer cave games didn't run

It'll be just a matter dragging and dropping some files, I was surprised to find both Raiden II and DX working, so it's not impossible, which reminds me, must try Viper Phase One as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I didn't know Raiden II was now working !!

deadl0ck wrote: »

In Final Burn it is at least.
    As well as Raiden DX.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah the encryption was finally broken on that a coupl of years ago. Really weird finally playing it in an emulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah the encryption was finally broken on that a coupl of years ago. Really weird finally playing it in an emulator!
    I had an PC version of it on my arcade cab, but it'll be great to play the proper ROM now.

Another one that seems to have been cracked is Galeco World Rally - I had been waiting for that one - used to play it in a local chippers

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had an PC version of it on my arcade cab, but it'll be great to play the proper ROM now.

Another one that seems to have been cracked is Galeco World Rally - I had been waiting for that one - used to play it in a local chippers

Have the original board currently in my cab. Actually it's the only board screwed in permanently that never leaves. Amazing game to play on a vertical monitor. Something really cinematic about it.

Fiddled with the cab again last night.
    It seems bizarre that I can't set up the controls for two players, it insists on an extra select button, and I've no where to put one!
    I might try making the current assigned "hotkey" the select button for player two and use the select shortcuts instead.
    Might work, I'll have a crack at it again this evening.

No offense Cidey, but that whole setup sounds like a convoluted headache. An iPac would solve all that, though I’m not sure if they work with a Pi.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    No offense Cidey, but that whole setup sounds like a convoluted headache. An iPac would solve all that, though I’m not sure if they work with a Pi.

I think I have it sorted....
    The issue was, ultimately, with Emulationstation coupled with my ability to make a complete bollox of things.
    Fingers crossed, a little experimentation this evening should have everything working just fine.
    Next project will be seeing if I can get a unloved laptop in there and connected to the same controls, to run Super Hexagon and Tempest 2000!

Nope

That wasn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

One word
    Arpicade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I think I have it sorted....
    The issue was, ultimately, with Emulationstation coupled with my ability to make a complete bollox of things.
    Fingers crossed, a little experimentation this evening should have everything working just fine.
    Next project will be seeing if I can get a unloved laptop in there and connected to the same controls, to run Super Hexagon and Tempest 2000!

Turned out before I dropped into help, I uncovered a iPac with a plug/play adapter for the AtomiswaveSD 2 player control panel. I left it with him, unsure he wants to admit defeat to move over to it :P

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Turned out before I dropped into help, I uncovered a iPac with a plug/play adapter for the AtomiswaveSD 2 player control panel. I left it with him, unsure he wants to admit defeat to move over to it :P

Noooo!

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Hmm, the choice between an iPac or some weird Chinese board that emulates PS3 controllers, let me think.....:D

Hmm, the choice between an iPac or some weird Chinese board that emulates PS3 controllers, let me think.....:D

Feck off the lot of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Feck off the lot of you!!

Oh jeez, now Retr0 will have the ultimate excuse if he plays Ghosts n' Goblins on that Atomiswave at a beers! :D

“Ciderman, I hear you’re having trouble with your car not working correctly. I have a Mercedes Benz here which ticks all the boxes you could ever want. You can have it for free, as I don’t need it. Do you want it?”

“Nah, I’ll pass thanks. One of these days this old Fiat will start for me, I just know it.”

• Advertisement

:(

No, I'm not crying....
    It's just dust n stuff.

Advertisement