Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Anyone know anything about the arcade operator raid in Ireland?
    Was on UKVAC, cabs were €60, scalpers got wind of it and it fell through to a certain extent.
    http://www.ukvac.com/forum/mini-medium-raid_topic366166.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Lots of posts there have been deleted, any idea of what was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jayus, that reads like one hell of a mess...

Yeah it does, must be some nice cabs there. I sent the guy a PM to let him know we are all here anyway if he needs a hand on this side of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

eddhorse wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the arcade operator raid in Ireland?
    Was on UKVAC, cabs were €60, scalpers got wind of it and it fell through to a certain extent.

Well howdy doo?! That was my raid actually. I just signed up here in relation to that

Funny timing

• Advertisement

Yeah it does, must be some nice cabs there. I sent the guy a PM to let him know we are all here anyway if he needs a hand on this side of the water

I should definitely have stuck closer to home for that one. You live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Sounds like you got royally shat on with that raid :(

Yeah what happened man? Love to know the details

Sounds like you got royally shat on with that raid :(

I didn't lose anything at all, I was already done with the place. The whole drama erupted when I tried to get other people involved to save the remaining cabinets. I was on the clock because they were due to be destroyed within the week. It SEEMS that it has all worked out in the end (but not the way originally planned). The sneaky dudes aren't getting the stuff

So did you at least get to salvage some yourself?

Must have been some serious gems there

• Advertisement

the actual reason I signed up just now was because I want rid of the few remaining cabs I got. I'm just soured on the whole thing for now.

I probably cant put up a "for sale" ad yet seeing as I just joined. But would there be any interest in 3 project cabinets? Does anyone have the space? 2 nice looking generics, red intervideos (one missing a power supply, the other not firing up properly), and a naomi universal missing the chassis.

You can se one of the intervideos on the "technical help maintenance" section of UKVAC, under the thread "intervideo assessment"

So did you at least get to salvage some yourself?

Must have been some serious gems there

Got 6 cabinets in total. Couldn't squeeze the bloody turtles and simpsons through the house entrance (that was a stinger!)

Some nice stuff there though! Outrun dlx, sega rally, couple of super hang ons, including the sit-down version

Ah sounds good! That's fairly ****e about turtles though, it's a cab I've always wanted haha

Ah sounds good! That's fairly ****e about turtles though, it's a cab I've always wanted haha

Its so heavy! I think they filled it with a bit of cement just for the laugh. Big cabinet in dimensions as well.

About the project cabs, I don't know, 100 or 150 sound like a good deal? I'll leave it here and see if anyone is interested.

Also, side note, how raid-capable would the members be here? A few people knocking around with extra storage space? It would be good to know ahead of time, even just generally :)

beejee wrote: »
    the actual reason I signed up just now was because I want rid of the few remaining cabs I got. I'm just soured on the whole thing for now.

I probably cant put up a "for sale" ad yet seeing as I just joined. But would there be any interest in 3 project cabinets? Does anyone have the space? 2 nice looking generics, red intervideos (one missing a power supply, the other not firing up properly), and a naomi universal missing the chassis.

You can se one of the intervideos on the "technical help maintenance" section of UKVAC, under the thread "intervideo assessment"

Is say the mods could accommodate a thread in the marketplace, im sure one of them will see this soon anyway.

No projects for me anyway, have way too much on my plate to take on a new cab

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got 6 cabinets in total. Couldn't squeeze the bloody turtles and simpsons through the house entrance (that was a stinger!)

Some nice stuff there though! Outrun dlx, sega rally, couple of super hang ons, including the sit-down version

Did you at least get the PCBs from the Turtles and The Simpsons? Both worth a few quid.

Did I see mention of a VR? (was it a Virtuality kit?)

Its so heavy! I think they filled it with a bit of cement just for the laugh. Big cabinet in dimensions as well.

About the project cabs, I don't know, 100 or 150 sound like a good deal? I'll leave it here and see if anyone is interested.

Also, side note, how raid-capable would the members be here? A few people knocking around with extra storage space? It would be good to know ahead of time, even just generally :)

I have a WV caddy and a garage that could hold 10+ cabs at a push

Master of the Universe

I don't have space for any more cabs but have a pair of arms and decent enough arcade hardware knowledge if you ever need a hand sorting through stuff! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you at least get the PCBs from the Turtles and The Simpsons? Both worth a few quid.

Did I see mention of a VR? (was it a Virtuality kit?)

I didn't take them. I got a few pcbs, but decided to not separate cabinets from their games. I already have the simpsons and turtles anyway, so not kicking myself too much.

There was a virtua racing upright, nice machine :)

I have a WV caddy and a garage that could hold 10+ cabs at a push
    I don't have space for any more cabs but have a pair of arms and decent enough arcade hardware knowledge if you ever need a hand sorting through stuff! :D

Good to know! Have a few things cooking, will see where it goes :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I didn't take them. I got a few pcbs, but decided to not separate cabinets from their games. I already have the simpsons and turtles anyway, so not kicking myself too much.

There was a virtua racing upright, nice machine :)

Ah fair play to ya, by the sounds of things I thought they were being scrapped. As long as they were saved that's the main thing...(even if a few vultures got in there)

so what did ya get?!

Ah fair play to ya, by the sounds of things I thought they were being scrapped. As long as they were saved that's the main thing...(even if a few vultures got in there)

not everything is done yet, but they'll be saved, will be grand. There was some drama, i'll tell you that!

Master of the Universe

not everything is done yet, but they'll be saved, will be grand. There was some drama, i'll tell you that!

When you combine things like 'Outrun Deluxe' and '60 euro' people are going to go nuts, you're lucky nobody died :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

Pity it went to **** but not surprised as it not the only one that got backstabbers involved gone ate the days of people being helpful, glad you got a few bits anyway if not the Simpson's cabs.

being a GTI owner I'd be interested in the gti club machine !!!!

so what did ya get?!

With all those juicy gems up for grabs, I ended up with a bunch of generics and the naomi :P That was two lots, once I struggled with the simpsons and turtles I packed it in. Just too much work and effort. It all went south when I got other people involved (some great blokes, some not so much)

I don't mind too much, there are more opportunities. And next time I'll have the space ready.

That's one reason why I want to clear out the two intervideos and naomi, space.

geotrig wrote: »
    Pity it went to **** but not surprised as it not the only one that got backstabbers involved gone ate the days of people being helpful, glad you got a few bits anyway if not the Simpson's cabs.

Im going to have an interview process and bootcamp for the next one!

being a GTI owner I'd be interested in the gti club machine !!!!

Good game! It was in pretty good condition too. But it will be seeing the light of day again if all goes to plan, back out of retirement

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Did you ever consider renting a lockup? I used to have one in Sandyford for a few years. Was 100 a month. Would fit 6-10 cabs in it. They've much bigger ones available too.

Advertisement