Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah yes, good oul Digitalsystemsdesign - from what I heard the cabs weren't really cleaned up at all before shipping and you were absolutely screwed if anything went wrong.

In fairness he got mine sorted,
    not quite a timely fashion but we got there in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

and he was pretty cheap in comparison to others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

and he was pretty cheap in comparison to others?

Yeah. My Atomiswave was well on the lower side compared to Ronnie say, but I was pretty filthy. I did a full refurb on it though and probably would have done it too if I had bought from Ronnie and paid more.
    Very few minty cabs in this business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I dont mind a good but of scrubbing but at least Ronnie reputation is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »
    I dont mind a good but of scrubbing but at least Ronnie reputation is good.

Others have come and gone but Ronnie has outlasted them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Others have come and gone but Ronnie has outlasted them all

In fairness he's a grand chap to deal with. Problems with my Cyberlead aside I would buy off him again.

Returning my airlink transformer too. In total its cost me €130 including all postage, returns etc ..

I sent airlink a total invoice for my return fees :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=EdMiM1AvE6Y

Just seen this one of my favorite games final fight now with 3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

If someone fancies a free game, take a stab at my ad in the marketplace section :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

beejee wrote: »
    If someone fancies a free game, take a stab at my ad in the marketplace section :P

Optimus emerges victorious!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone know anything about or ever heard of "A.S. Video" got a cab today and that was the marquee glass. i think it was some sort of gambling machine as it had 6 square buttons on each side. Just curious what it was, cant find anything online about it.

Anyone know anything about or ever heard of "A.S. Video" got a cab today and that was the marquee glass. i think it was some sort of gambling machine as it had 6 square buttons on each side. Just curious what it was, cant find anything online about it.

Got a pic?
    I think i had a jamma cob with that marquee.
    What are you going to do with it? big plans?!

Got a pic?
    I think i had a jamma cob with that marquee.
    What are you going to do with it? big plans?!

Yeh sure hopefully i uploaded this right. See below. Just curious about it can’t find any info online.

Just wanted something to do, So bought it to get working. See what happens.

Just wanted something to do, So bought it to get working. See what happens.

I know that feeling!
    But no,never seen that marquee before.

I'm pretty sure thats the same marquee/glass from my generic jamma cab that came with a metal poker cp

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ASS Video?

1s3wlm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Atari VCS delayed again until the end of the year....

Atari + Indiegogo = Spectrum Vega.

$3 million as well...amazing stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

As far as I know AS was a company based in tipperary.

I heard a rumour that they possibly made in the old Atari factory.

I finally got around to doing something about pcb storage. I love seeing all the bits and doodads on a circuit board, but theyre never going to win an award for looks :P Plus Im sick of looking at bubblewrap.

So I had a look around the internet and can find only A) crap, or B) very expensive storage solutions (40 quid for a single box!?)

So ive started with option C) DIY

Finally tracked down suitable sized boxes in a local place, durable enough, correct size to hold nearly any pcb (just over A3).

Over the weekend im going to print out A4 and A3 size high definition artworks and flyers to mess with, then Im going to "laminate" them on to the box. I think it should look pretty sweet by the time im done.

Heres my template for now, with an (crappy) A4 flyer I had lying around placed on top, just to get a rough idea. I'll also add mini marquees to the base of each box so as when theyre stored you can tell whats what. By the time Im done it should cost about 3 quid a box, not bad.

DSC-1090.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Thats a very clever idea. Well done!

Yeah im aiming for good quality here, basically a giant megadrive box. Its hard to choose between a few options, such as A3 or A4 for the artwork, between various flyers, whether to put them on both the front and back, trying various borders. But the lamination should make it look quality when finished, and then I can copy everything quickly.

Hard to choose between the artwork though, both of the aliens ones are great in their own ways (leaning towards jap one though!)

aliensflyer1.jpg

aliensflyer2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Japanese one looks like a straight lift from the Aliens comic books by Dark Horse from back in the day.
    No harm, that was some great art!

I've loads of PCB boxes and antistatic bags/sponge if anyone is stuck for a few. Way more than I have PCBs

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Where'd you get them actually? My PCB boxes are starting to get a bit tatty, think I need to refresh them soon enough.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Where'd you get them actually? My PCB boxes are starting to get a bit tatty, think I need to refresh them soon enough.
    I ordered a load of computer hardware a while ago and each came with a cable that was in anti-static bag and foam in a box like this so I took them all home, maybe 20 of them
    NEW-NETAPP-X6563-R6-10GBE-850nm-SHORT-REACH-SFP.jpg
    Everytime I get computer hardware in I keep the anti-static bags/foam and boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Chassis on the way back from Ronnie.

just looked at your chassis, regulator and bridge were short which is strange. I imagine you did power this on with a 100-115vac stepdown?

also i reckon the fuse that blew was rated lower than 6a?
    i have replaced almost all caps including mains filter, voltage regulator and vertical deflection ic

before you install the chassis make sure with a meter that you have between 100-115vac to the monitor

So sounds like I should be good to go when it arrives back. Managed to get a fluke multimeter for.....a very good price too, so I can properly test out before I hooked everything back up. My only problem now is that I have a full kitchen Infront of the Cyberlead. That's getting installed next week so once that's in I'll have space to get at it again.

Regarding the multimeter:

photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

current project is getting there :D

54433653_10157157336718276_5432194350157135872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=faa85c243dc451b8aed0808b2498a277&oe=5D0C2D97

Oh that’s awesome. Amazing job.

• Advertisement

Wow great work.. Looks amazing and great game too was playing 19xx earlier and its great but still prefer this one

Advertisement