Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Have you thought about a pc interface and play outrun 2 through that instead? You would have 100+ other 270 degree racing games.

That's what I did with ridge racer cab. Naomi would be even easier as all you need to interface is the wheel, shifter and buttons (uhid). Audio and video is already pc plug and play.

No that’s pretty much plug and play, uses a Chinese flash to load the game from, same setup in mine and the price is pretty good too I think I paid more although Iam not sure about shipping a chihiro from China, although in fairness yanton is ok to deal with should there be any problems and he normally wraps everything in a living rooms worth of cheap underlay :) first thing you should do with chihiro is change the fans as there notorious for going and killing the gpu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

It's quiet a bit cheaper than most to be fair and would be tempting if .... I'm never comfortable buying from Yanton for bigger priced items like these though , although most stuff is OK.
    Check the supercap asap if you buy it...

I must check mine. O_O

Can't really see on my phone but are the screws Rusty inside.

I think I've bought 3 things off Yanton over the years and said I wouldn't again although was tempting when he was breaking cabs.... Last time I bought off him was circa 2006/07 ish.. All where mvs carts and I don't remember him carrying as much as he does now .now Im always more suspicious of clean boards and for me the grubbier the better... But nothing came close to these ones ,one was smashed to bits one was the dirtiest cart and pcbs I've ever seen and the other was alright.... I got rid of the manky one asap as even after a clean it was still manky. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

If anyone fancies a few repair boards I put up an ad in the marketplace

Once in a lifetime chance to get the grailiest of grails for Mvs neo geo, up in marketplace :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

That was a great price for P De Pon, very generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone have a good lead on a working naomi 1 motherboard, been searching and asking but come up empty handed so far

Theres nothing more exciting than a bunch of cardboard boxes, but I do like arcade art and its mostly forgotten about at this point, flyers and marquees. So, another bunch done :)

Should have something far more interesting incoming though (in other words, sometime in 2024 at the rate I go).

arcadeboxes111.jpg

arcadeboxes1.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice I’ll add to the cardboard box pics lol.. got these done up locally for my mvs stuff as the loose carts weren’t doing it for me and the shockboxes are crazy expensive when shipping and customs are accounted for, only a small run this time but might get a bigger load next and offer them up if there’s interest.. boxes are a little bit bigger than kit boxes but hold a kit snug I’ve also some anti static bubble envelopes on order to hold the loose carts

04-D207-C2-640-E-40-A1-8-A78-163-ACD7483-F2.jpg
    6-DD9-A70-D-FE33-4-B98-827-A-92-F0-D6-A99403.jpg
    909-D88-CC-9616-457-A-9-B54-31-EAA87584-DA.jpg

Very nice indeed. I have actually been making them in batches out of Ikea boxes but would be interested in hearing where you got those made? Would it be possible for me to say, send my measurements and they would make them up?

Anyhow, I don't get the appeal of those shockboxes or why they are so bloody expensive. I have two of them and yeah they are nice n all, but I definitely prefer the real MVS boxes. The shockboxes try too hard to look like the AES boxes.

Local paper bag factory made them up for me Iam sure the boxes are standard size that they use but i can always ask them for custom sizes although for a small run I’d imagine it wouldn’t be cheap.. these are 25 x 20 x 6 so a little bigger than a kit box, the kits sit nicely in them, what ikea boxes are you using?

what ikea boxes are you using?

Oh I mean I am using the cardboard that furniture comes in (the family are on alert to keep the cardboard from any Ikea purchases). Its the exact cardboard the original kits use. I have measured an original kit box and have been making replicas. They are a little rough around the edges, it would be nice to do the same thing but have them machine produced.

Proper curation going on here :p

Quick walk through of the new arcade.
    Just moved in 4 months ago. This room is getting rewired at the weekend so it's going to be a bomb site for a few weeks.

Video didnt attach. Will do it tomorrow when I'm at the pc.

Quick walk through of the new arcade.
    Just moved in 4 months ago. This room is getting rewired at the weekend so it's going to be a bomb site for a few weeks.
    I said the same with mine... Months later still the same mess been moved around the place... Lol

Here is the clip of the new arcade, as you can see. Room for expansion!!

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZH2gjEM

Looks great, jukebox is cool too :) if I wasn't moving soon and/or had more space... Lucky gits here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Loads of room for more. Love tales from the crypt, very hard pin.

P.s. anyone else end up spending 10 mins scrolling on imgurl :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Party Animal pin for sale
    http://www.adverts.ie/18573130

• Registered Users Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here is the clip of the new arcade, as you can see. Room for expansion!!

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZH2gjEM

That looks really class, well done!

Reminds me of a games room you'd see in country pubs back in the 90s.

Cheers,
    The place is fubar right now.
    Its being rewired,I had to cut chases into all the walls for all the new sockets/switches.
    There is 3 controlled socket circuits so I can switch on all the games from the wall :cool: or from my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I see Tony Temps was in Ireland yesterday for a raid, even got a Nintendo Red Tent.
    Were you there too Beejee?

Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    I see Tony Temps was in Ireland yesterday for a raid, even got a Nintendo Red Tent.
    Were you there too Beejee?

Another cabinet lost to The Empire! :pac:

Any idea where the raid was?

o1s1n wrote: »

Where you seeing this?

Master of the Universe

Only in eddhorse's comment above unfortunately, had a quick look online but didn't see anything.

qst3h73asad11.gif

It's a complete mess of a story. Unless you had bags of money, nobody missed anything.

Still opportunity, so will keep things mysterious until get a few others here in on it. Big "maybes" at this point though :/

beejee wrote: »
    qst3h73asad11.gif

Unless you had bags of money, /

This,
    IMO its not a raid unless you get a disgustingly good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Only in eddhorse's comment above unfortunately, had a quick look online but didn't see anything.

Check Tony Temps on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B43TKyoHLy_/?igshid=ttkg9jrozhb1

And he got a truck full

Advertisement