Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'we pulled out over 50 cabs onto two lorries and got them shipped back to the UK'

:(:(:(

Got the TX1's too :( really sad to see these cabs leave .. 2 lorrys full, some nice stuff there, love the grand champion cockpit, and 3 op wolfs?!? were these the ones you had mentioned you had located before beejee?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's crazy to think that there were just TX1's hanging about like that alright. I wonder what state they're in? Would imagine they'd be a pain in the arse to get going with the multiple monitors.

Not that I'd have anywhere to put them, they're not even the type of cab I'd be interested in, but argh, something just seems sad about having them leave alright. Another bit of Irish arcade history gone.

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's crazy to think that there were just TX1's hanging about like that alright. I wonder what state they're in? Would imagine they'd be a pain in the arse to get going with the multiple monitors.

Not that I'd have anywhere to put them, they're not even the type of cab I'd be interested in, but argh, something just seems sad about having them leave alright. Another bit of Irish arcade history gone.

Iam pretty sure beejee knows the full story here as I remember him mentioning he had located those tx1's before.. problem for everyone is space and cant imagine the storage space tony temple has but still sad to see them all go :confused:

o1s1n wrote: »

Agreed ,

• Advertisement

Agreed ,

Id always find room for a red tent :rolleyes:

Have to say they do nothing for me!!!
    Where were the games ? Looks like it's in the south judging by the one car reg you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Yeah I know the full story from day 1, so I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone else guessing about stuff. I tried to get the deal off the ground but it was blabbed out and slowly but surely it got more and more complicated and expensive. Nothing I could do!

Basically, it would have been as cheap to buy the cabinets from the states. No deals.

Talking about this stuff is kryptonite :p

I'll say I know where there are more tx1's, but I'm going to have to avoid commenting on any of this going forward.

1500 quid. Right, last comment on it!

beejee wrote: »

I'll take it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

beejee wrote: »

So there were no real steals ?
    Sold as one lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Fair play Beejee, unlucky regarding the whole thing by the sounds of it.
    Shame they are gone but great they are being taken care of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

eddhorse wrote: »
    Check Tony Temps on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B43TKyoHLy_/?igshid=ttkg9jrozhb1

And he got a truck full

I think i know where that is, i know those tiles and walls haha plus the outside shot gives it away, if its the place im thinking of there has been a few people trying to get in there over the years. Its a shame they are leaving the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

Have to say they do nothing for me!!!
    Where were the games ? Looks like it's in the south judging by the one car reg you can see.

Same as mozie ,have always liked them and wanted one for years.

Nice haul there pity they are leaving these shores :(

This,
    IMO its not a raid unless you get a disgustingly good deal.

Some greedy people out there on both side but mainly the raiders, you can't blame some of the sellers.
    These raids for the last few years are no where near in the same spirit as the old ones used to be, too much backstabbing and one up manship ,it's what put me off j+ along time ago and it's changed vac for the worse, Pity really

It's hyper competitive stuff, and it takes little to blow up. Bgollie and Jack burtons stuff was a great example of how it's done right.

But man, when it goes bad...

Already today I've gotten quite a few messages from all over the place, some completely out of the blue. My reply has been the same each time, "I've got nothing to say".

I've hinted at other stuff on the go, but I'm going to have to knock that on the head too. People are reading these forums. Stealth mode is activated!

Plus I've a pain in the hole with it in general :p

I’ve also been receiving messages today regarding this and nothing will be appearing for sale on any of the forums, if your not a member of the golden circle your out it appears lol.. shame as there was some nice stuff there, nice to see them preserved though and some will go to collectors and some will go into storage and this is the way the hobby is gone unfortunately :( it’s all about the money now, I know one guy has 8 outrun cabs gathering dust and the prices are going in one direction only.. glad I have what I do now I’d hate to be trying to get into the hobby and as beejee said these forums are being watched

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Man this all sounds a bit crap for you guys.

I like to focus on the cabs and i bet they are feeling great getting another chance !

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hopefully these recent raid cabs end up in a barcade or arcade world for others to enjoy. That would be great.

Does anyone even have room left for raid cabs? My place is full to the brim with them. I've drivers, shooters, sit down cabs, stand up, horizontal screens, vertical. At some point you have to stop.....then look around and say what have I done to the place :D

Still when a cab comes up for sale I think, "room for one more?"

PCB's also I rarely open lately as I'm afraid to damage them, plus the hassle of screen adjustments, opening the cab, testing voltages. Same with the darksoft/netdimm type multiboot kits. They are great to have but PC emulation is so good now with perfect display on CRTs (emudriver). Could anyone tell the difference if it was the Street Fighter 2 Turbo CPS2 PCB, or the groovymame version running?

I recently made up a rig for a driver cab to let me swap out the PCB with a PC and play other emulated driving games. I started playing random games like rad mobile, outrun, powerdrift, all great fun. But when I tested the emulated version of the actual PCB I swapped out (Ridge Racer), I can honestly say you would not know the difference between that and the real pcb. Now I'm thinking not to put PCB back in for a while as the emulated version is perfect and the system22 PCBs are so fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Inviere

But when I tested the emulated version of the actual PCB I swapped out (Ridge Racer), I can honestly say you would not know the difference between that and the real pcb. Now I'm thinking not to put PCB back in for a while as the emulated version is perfect and the system22 PCBs are so fragile.

That's precisely why I was happy to sell off all my boards.

• Advertisement

Always have the option to change or replace a cab though and pass it on to someone else, my setup is very different to what it was 2 or 3 years ago.. and there’s always room for one more especially when something nice comes along, no matter where or who the cabs went too at least If they were in Ireland they’d stay in rotation and are passed on/resold when people get bored of them particularly the dedicated cabs, such as the op wolfs/thunderbolt/afterburners etc once they leave the shores their not coming back .. same for the pins, the real vs emulation debate I guess there’s pro and cons and some stuff is emulated really well and some not so well but personally there something really nice about having an original pcb for your favorite games..also I find if I have a mame/pi/pandora setup I spend more time flicking through stuff than playing games and don’t spend any substantial amount of time on one particular title whereas if I have the board I’ll spend time getting better at it. As for boards being fragile I guess some are more robust than others but you really shouldn’t be afraid to change a pcb for fear of damaging it..

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Interesting reads on this 2nd RAID off Irish Shores. gggrrrr

TBH I've grown to not like dedicated cabs as I had enough that ruined my house like 80s Synth Pop said lol Too many and house ruined so sold them off to boardies... I'm looking at you Op Wolf 3 Cab, beauty to look at but waste of space and horrid game

That being said I'm extremely annoyed that any not to mind all of these games haven't gone to boardies 1st and foremost, it seems like possibly some member here got 4 of the cabs outta those 50 cabs and tbh that's far too low for such a fine community we have all built here on A&R forums, I'd expect better after all we do for each other here, it's my favourite forum I browse worldwide and I'd like to see ye fine folks get the good award, like Irish cabs going to good irish folks...

Also good to see poolchamp (whose a regular lurker on here and banned from almost every arcade related website for shafting people with the insert coin debacle) managed to snag himself 20 cabs before they were divvied up Kev.. and the price he paid wasn’t exactly premium.. Fair play to all involved!

Also btw these cabs gone up on Facebook now on Arcade FB group too and have some loud telling me

They coming home, they coming home....

One of this nice lads on that RAID informs me that 20+ cabs went to mod edit in Ireland a few weeks prior if that helps. I dont know him but I've heard horror stories...

And another 4 went to another Irish lad. Maybe beejee? Hope it was a boardie that managed to get 4 of them?

Either way look arcade collectors in europe are fine folks too and they hopefully get good homes, cant blame them, but we can be rightly annoyed to see truck loads going across the pond and NADA being offered up here on A&R...

At least we have they Barcade in limerick bringing in cabs the opposite direction and likes Barcadia in Cork and one in dublin.

kevin2me wrote: »

One of this nice lads on that RAID informs me that 20+ cabs went to mod edit in Ireland a few weeks prior if that helps. I dont know him but I've heard horror stories...

Well they are true all of them there is a reason he is banned from most of the forums, he probably didn't set out to rip people off and he did bring in a **** load of cabs but dealt with things wrong bitd when it went haywire and it led to a lot of ****... But he probably is back on some of the forums with another alias anyway..not someone I'd deal with again even though he never ripped me off.

Well they are true all of them there is a reason he is banned from most of the forums, he probably didn't set out to rip people off and he did bring in a **** load of cabs but dealt with things wrong bitd when it went haywire and it led to a lot of ****... But he probably is back on some of the forums with another alias anyway..not someone I'd deal with again even though he never ripped me off.
    I would have rather they went abroad. !!! Lol

geotrig wrote: »
    Well they are true all of them there is a reason he is banned from most of the forums, he probably didn't set out to rip people off and he did bring in a **** load of cabs but dealt with things wrong bitd when it went haywire and it led to a lot of ****...

Well I dont know him and theres prob two sides to every story.
    He reached out when I responded to a comment about him on FB post and tbh sorry I did post that, it wasnt my place as I dont know any of stories, I've no beef with him or anyone, and he seems like a decent guy, so maybe we all deserve and chance or to have the full stories told before judgement.

And let's be honest arcade cabs are faulty, hard to maintain and especially hard to broker big deals, especially as they're so rare. Large deals with many people involved can get complicated fast especially as we get very passionate about cabs etc.

Heck I've bought and sold cabs that broke 24 hours later, but that's nature of the game when dealing with 30 year old machines.

Anyways I was merely sad like the rest of ye to see so many cabs leaving Ireland.

Well I didn't get any cabinets. And I wouldn't mind anyone saying they got great deals, in fact I wouldn't mind anyone claiming anything, I know the story. Sounds like somethings going down on Facebook, glad I'm not on it :p

Wish I didnt reply to it as one lad keeps annoying about how they are english cabs and they coming home ��

I was so close to saying we keep 26 cabs and ye take 6 that aren't yours. We all know how that worked out ... Eire Abu!

On more positive note I got myself a Triforce today for F-Zero AX and Virtua Striker 2002.

Also got HoTD2 hacked rom for Naomi up and running and got Ghost Squad, Virtual Cop 3 and House of the Dead 3 up and running on my Chihiro 3. HotD3 was fun as I had to use a HEX editor to hack it to load as rom requires Chihiro 1 normally. Happy days chuffed to bits, fantastic games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Wish I didnt reply to it as one lad keeps annoying about how they are english cabs and they coming home ��

I was so close to saying we keep 26 cabs and ye take 6 that aren't yours. We all know how that worked out ... Eire Abu!

On more positive note I got myself a Triforce today for F-Zero AX and Virtua Striker 2002.

Also got HoTD2 hacked rom for Naomi up and running and got Ghost Squad, Virtual Cop 3 and House of the Dead 3 up and running on my Chihiro 3. HotD3 was fun as I had to use a HEX editor to hack it to load as rom requires Chihiro 1 normally. Happy days chuffed to bits, fantastic games...

I take no prisoners on Facebook!

Advertisement