Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Dont think they are Eds photos !

Yeah not mine, I wish, just passing some cool photos on from a guy on UKVAC

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Haven't been on ukvac in a long time, rather 2 other forums tbh, how bad it's a good share edd... want to try get to japan again this year, it's an amazing spot.

Just received my Vewlix Diamond Black yesterday. I believe these are some of the final ones off the Taito Production line, which makes it even more special.The screen in it is leaps above the Vewlix L.

Going to throw X1, PS3 and switch into it, and I have Naomi & x360 in theVewlix L. I've been buying arcadey games for weeks of the consoles shops.

If there was ever a time to do my first unboxing video on YT it was this :) Might help others decide which cab suits them in the future too. Thanks to all involved. Grail cab achieved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

There’s a Tron cab up on adverts for 5k did you’d see that ?

https://www.adverts.ie/19764839

Not sure what they go for usually ? Look in good condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

Didn't think they were anyway near 5k , I've seen more trons for sale than a lot of others ! now maybe if it was an "enviromental disc of tron" maybe a bit closer but still not near 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah it's a cool cab, I know they do go for good money.....not 5k though.

That link belongs in the dreamer of the year thread. Unless someone is willing to pay 5k for it though, well done in that case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Isn't the seller L1m1tless on here ? maybe a few more photos of the cab for conditions ? it's a high price to ask for so few low res pics

Was wondering where I last saw a Tron with a joystick that didn't light up or glow ... Luckily the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas has plenty more pictures of it... nicely sandwiched between equally rare DK and Punchout...

pinball-hall-of-fame.jpg

E1_IMG_0673-copy.jpg

web1_pinball-apr21-16_015_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That VS. Dunkhunt is insane! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I recall a bit of a complaint on a forum somewhere that Wild Guman appears in Back to the Future part II as an arcade machine edition of the Famicom/NES classic, but it never appeared in arcades in that format, instead it was an older electro-mechanical game, by Nintendo, that was "ported" to the newer home console with fancy graphics.

edit: After googling to confirm the above I now realise I don't own Hogan's Alley, for the NES.... and now I have to buy it... bugger

BGOllie wrote: »
    Was wondering where I last saw a Tron with a joystick that didn't light up or glow ... Luckily the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas has plenty more pictures of it... nicely sandwiched between equally rare DK and Punchout...

pinball-hall-of-fame.jpg

E1_IMG_0673-copy.jpg

web1_pinball-apr21-16_015_6.jpg

Must be where he got the idea from :D

• Advertisement

You mean that ad for a 5000 arcade machine has questionable photos

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Someone selling a classic upright cab control panel for a decent €15
    http://www.adverts.ie/19754845

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

There’s a Tron cab up on adverts for 5k did you’d see that ?

https://www.adverts.ie/19764839

Not sure what they go for usually ? Look in good condition

Lovely cab but not 5K for me. I just seen a comment came in asking to "upgrade" to LCD, I can't tell if it's a troll or not.

Don't mention the war!

dav09 wrote: »
    Lovely cab but not 5K for me. I just seen a comment came in asking to "upgrade" to LCD, I can't tell if it's a troll or not.

Don't mention the war!

It's "sold" now :D I doubt there was actually a cab to start with ...
    Not sure what they get out of this. Burning their bridges in the process... It's kinda sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

maybe trying to set higher prices , people were at that a few years ago on eBay and the likes.

Well when another Tron cab pops up in a few weeks time for €3000 I'll be first in line to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

BGOllie wrote: »
    It's "sold" now :D I doubt there was actually a cab to start with ...
    Not sure what they get out of this. Burning their bridges in the process... It's kinda sad really.

He did actually have a tron arcade machine.

I'm sure that he won't loose any sleep with the amount of bridges burnt on this forum.

Theirs plenty of arcade machines out there to be discovered, so let the games begin.

If that puts your mind at ease, I'm a collector, not a reseller and my place is full so I'm out of the "game". You'll have to play with yourself on this one i'm afraid.

mod instruction: please do respect my instruction not to reopen the topic that has already closed threads.
    This matter is closed and if anyone persists in bringing it up it'll be warnings, infractions and bans.
    Thanks

understood & apologies.

On a separate note, here's a couple of cabs I spotted on hols :
    85037593_10158017762498276_391265700984913920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=XgDd2mpjZdQAX_EPY94&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&oh=f20cc704bf9738c1cff180ecbdb2ee35&oe=5EB82EF6

84766632_10158016994398276_5703936522953162752_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=QtYpv-A5DvcAX96ZYiv&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&oh=14a62640e122b37d3c8c241556e980d1&oe=5EB8BE1F

• Advertisement

Love em.
    Nice to see some stuff in the wild.

Careful now.....

The walls have ears here now and there's a few lurkers sniffing about all the time ;)

anto002 wrote: »
    He did actually have a tron arcade machine.

I'm sure that he won't loose any sleep with the amount of bridges burnt on this forum.

Theirs plenty of arcade machines out there to be discovered, so let the games begin.

Seriously.....you're not a super villain dude :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

Seriously.....you're not a super villain dude :D

I'm Bruce Wayne

mod: keep my previous warning in mind please, everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

There's a guy on UKVAC making nice cardboard sleeves for MVS carts

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/neosleeve-finally-a-good-cheap-mvs-case_topic375268.html

Master of the Universe

There's a guy on UKVAC making nice cardboard sleeves for MVS carts

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/neosleeve-finally-a-good-cheap-mvs-case_topic375268.html

They look gorgeous!

Is it wrong that I kind of want to buy these and put them on my MVS carts that are already in Neo Miniboxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I see the Ireland raid has made it to Tony's blog. Such a pity that these went across the sea.
    https://arcadeblogger.com/2020/02/14/arcade-raid-ireland-eu/

Master of the Universe

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I see the Ireland raid has made it to Tony's blog. Such a pity that these went across the sea.
    https://arcadeblogger.com/2020/02/14/arcade-raid-ireland-eu/

Jesus christ, so many PCBs!!! :(

• Advertisement

top dollars was paid as far as I can hear. It's easy to complain after the facts but truth is, a lot of people knew about the place and none wanted to paid the asking price. Some did stay in Ireland, whoever got them didn't get a bargain but at least helped prevent those cabs from rotting away in a damp warehouse

Advertisement