Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Like a puddle of puke cus its soooooooo horrible, should be in the hall of shame :)

I though it was rather cool, its ok to be different as long as not home made different.
    Japanese Sega new Astro city arcade cabinet
    Wiring : Jamma
    Original Nanao/Toshiba MS9 screen , very good condition, no visible burn
    Original 2 player panel (+ 50€ for 2 player 2x6 buttons (repro) panel
    Condition : Overall good , some scratches/paintchips
    Price : 895 euro

2502nac%20(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh man. I love thos cabs, much prefer the wood US version too the Jap version just does nothing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

o1s1n wrote: »
    Looks like a better looking version of that pig ugly Neo Geo woodie you get in the US

Ah hear, that's enough of that! The "Goldies" as they are known are very highly regarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

eddhorse wrote: »
    www.rklok.nl

Japanese Arcade cabinet (Omori)

Size : 45x60x125 cm
    Wiring : Jamma
    Tosiba/Sanwa combo 18 inch screen , perfect condition, no burn
    Condition : Overall good , some scratches/paintchips
    Price : 795 euro

2402omori%20(1).jpg

giphy.gif

Very small and neat and lovely and unique. Artwork would go great on the white background, like an rtype.

Tempted by it, but I'm moving home and space space space. Complications, should have been gone last month, but if/when it works out its machines galore!

In theory...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I don't get Ronnie's emails anymore, he might have took me off the list after the cyber lead back and forth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah hear, that's enough of that! The "Goldies" as they are known are very highly regarded!

Highly regarded by Americans, 'nuff said :D
    I don't get Ronnie's emails anymore, he might have took me off the list after the cyber lead back and forth :D

Yeah I don't get them either, which is weird as I've been getting them for years.

Just signed up again on his website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone got any experience in rotating the monitor in an AWSD cab?
    I'm thinking of using it as a TATE exclusive cab for the next while and I'm not sure how tricky the rotation process is.
    I know it doesn't have a mechanism to just turn it, like on the related Egret2 cab.
    Any assistance would be gratefully recieved.

Master of the Universe

I remember Inviere and Andrew76 rotated one a few years back, seemed to get on grand with two people.

I think they laid the cab on it's back first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I imagine the mounts are in there, it's just that the monitor weighs a ton.
    I have the manual somewhere, I will dig it out and see what advice it has.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I remember Inviere and Andrew76 rotated one a few years back, seemed to get on grand with two people.

I think they laid the cab on it's back first.

I'm always impressed how you are able to remember these things! :pac:

Yep, EnterNow (;)) and I managed to rotate mine fairly handy back in the day.

@Cidey:

- Take plenty of pictures of which cables plug in where on the chasis before disconnecting them.
    - I think I also removed the CP just so we could get as close as possible when it came to lifting the monitor. I can't remember if you have a 1p CP but I highly recommend switching to it if you do - it makes a world of difference sitting in the middle of the screen when you have it rotated.
    - Can't remember if I removed the front lid all together but yeah we lied the cab on it's back - put a bunch of cushions underneath the top part to stop it moving about. Once you've removed the screws it's just a case of lifting the monitor up a small amount, rotate (anti-clockwise?) and set it back down. Two regular ppl or one SteveSI is required here. :D

There will only be a tiny gap between the top of the neck board and the back door of the cab but it does fit so no worries there. Reconnect the cables and fire everything up.

Oh and I think I needed to press the degauss button one time after rotating it to correct the colours (it's down near the coin mech iirc).

• Advertisement

Sounds great, I'll be playing Raiden DX as it was meant to be in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sounds great, I'll be playing Raiden DX as it was meant to be in no time!
    Put a cushion under the cab when you place it on its back - makes it easier to pick back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've swapped the monitor in my Egret 3 a few times and rotated once. I found just swapping it out was easier than the rotate, but none of it is especially difficult as long as you plan it out.
    Now perhaps I'm not the best to take advice from as I did the swaps and rotate on my own, without laying the cab down flat. So maybe listen to some of the more sensible folk here and have at least 2 people, cushions, remove panels etc :)

I've just uploaded a few pics from my first swap in 2011, might be of some use to you.
    https://imgur.com/a/Pg0G7pd

Master of the Universe

How the feck did you freehand rotate a 29 inch flat monitor
    on your own without laying it down to at least let gravity asist?

I would have thought the weight when you release it would be too much to hold at that angle without necking it?

Lots of spinnich that morning? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I would have thought the weight when you release it would be too much to hold at that angle without necking it?

5KRhECP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Inviere

It's amazing what can be done when it has to be....ever manually winch a 29" Trini out of an attic using rope and prayer? :o:pac:

Inviere wrote: »
    It's amazing what can be done when it has to be....ever manually winch a 29" Trini out of an attic using rope and prayer? :o:pac:

Yes, I carried it up a spiral staircase!
    It's amazing where one finds the reserves, but somehow we do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Lol some of these crazy monitor rotation ideas.

I've rotated the Astro 29" Nanao a few times also. I dont think the lockdown belly core would take it now. Also carried it up two flights of stairs in work. So heavy and so fragile.

Master of the Universe

Haha, you mentalist, I remember that alright. Did you winch it up there too?

Master of the Universe

eddhorse wrote: »
    Lol some of these crazy monitor rotation ideas.

I've rotated the Astro 29" Nanao a few times also. I dont think the lockdown belly core would take it now. Also carried it up two flights of stairs in work. So heavy and so fragile.

It's the heavy but fragile that really messes you up, isn't it?

I once had to carry a PVM 14L4 home for 2km. 17kg, so far lighter than the ones we're talking about here. But that combination of heavy and brittle was an absolute killer. Made the walk feel about ten times longer for fear my sweaty palms would slip and it would be instantly fooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Inviere

Haha, you mentalist, I remember that alright. Did you winch it up there too?

No I had help lifting it up...but different ball game when going the other way. I had to decase the tv, tie rope around the metal frame, and lower it down bit by bit :o

It's the heavy but fragile that really messes you up, isn't it?

I once had to carry a PVM 14L4 home for 2km. 17kg, so far lighter than the ones we're talking about here. But that combination of heavy and brittle was an absolute killer. Made the walk feel about ten times longer for fear my sweaty palms would slip and it would be instantly fooked.

That Sony flat panel you sold me must be made of neutron star matter, felt like I was carrying a boulder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Worst I've ever had to move was a 28inch Sony Widescreen CRT. Just wrapped straps around it and said **** it and just went for it. It only cost me about €15 so wouldn't have been the end of the world if I dropped it

Had to get the HOTD cab up my sloped driveway and across about 20m of stones aswell to get it into my garage, it blew the 150kg hand truck away, and it was raining. Guy delivering it was helping me but moving that, the Royal rumble pin and the crazy taxi I was ****ing drowned in sweat after it.

Master of the Universe

No I had help lifting it up...but different ball game when going the other way. I had to decase the tv, tie rope around the metal frame, and lower it down bit by bit :o

Yeah I think it was still decased when I picked it up from yourself, made fitting it in the car a bit easier! Still needed a mate to help me carry it up to my apartment at the time. Can't imagine the sight of it dangling on the end of a rope :pac:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That Sony flat panel you sold me must be made of neutron star matter, felt like I was carrying a boulder!

For an LCD it's deceptively heavy. Ever find a use for it in the end actually?

Master of the Universe

Actually for a bit of craic, here's the great ascent my two arcade machines had to make from the back of the delivery truck out on the road to my apartment.

Took three dudes and the cabs strapped to a hand cart.

First cab was kind of okay, but jesus, that second one!

Edit - photos removed, I can already see the bushes outside my windows twitching :pac:

Mr.Penthouse!

Master of the Universe

The help always live under, never above :pac:

For an LCD it's deceptively heavy. Ever find a use for it in the end actually?

Not as yet, but I have great plans, or ambitions to one day have plans, and those plans will probably include the LCD... more than likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Dude in that youtube video says he used a VCR combo type portable tv, didn't even have to decase it which is interesting. Must be quite a bit of space inside if that's true.

Advertisement