Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I've already offered him that

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A working vector monitor, bloody brilliant.

Time to start collecting vector PCBs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Drop in that Vectrex clone I sent you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah. half way building that. need to order some parts for it soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Drop in that Vectrex clone I sent you :)

That would be amazing.
    Plus, if you invest in the Pitrex, you could wind up with a way to play every vector graphic game made, right there on the cab.
    I know there's more work to be done, but the hardware is complete and looking good.
    People have a large number of games running too, from Battlezone to Gravitar.

• Advertisement

Didn't someone also develop a pcb for connecting a vectrex to an Asteroids cab? That and pitrex would be incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

we'd be getting into multi game cabs territory and I find these are never a good idea though.
    I much prefer a dedicated cab I actually play but put an option to have 2 or more games and I suddenly don't play anything at all . weird

That's true and on an Asteroids controls would be an issue although the multi game kit which adds deluxe and lunar lander would be nice

Master of the Universe

Not sure what's more impressive, all those Capcom Cutes or all the PCBs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not sure what's more impressive, all those Capcom Cutes or all the PCBs :eek:

The cutes definitely look nifty and I wouldn't say no to one. But at those prices? I'd take one at the price of a dinoking conversion, maybe slightly more. Just too small for comfort.

Tons of great game boards though, and Aliens is proof of good taste :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I remember thinking they were expensive when they were being sold for 1.5k - I think the going rate is 2.5k to 3k now.

You know they're expensive when someone is building repros without a monitor for 1000gbp and a lot of people seem to be interested.

https://www.japanarama.co.uk/product/capcom-mini-cute-reproduction-cabinet/

Master of the Universe

In other arcade news, I've decided I needed a mini project to get me interested in my cabinets again (haven't used them in quite a while)

Was speaking to Alberto over on AO (the great control panel maker!) and he's going to make a 2L12B control panel for my SNK Candy cabinet with original SF2 artwork.

Going to dust off my SF2 CE board and start playing it again. Hasn't been on since it was in the Aero a good 5 years ago!

There was actually a problem with it where one of the kick buttons wasn't registering via the kick harness, so something to fix too.

On the down side it means removing an absolutely minty original SNK panel, however I'll put it aside for sometime in the future where I have another dedicated SF2 candy and can turn this back into a Neo Geo machine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Either of those pins on Adverts worth the price - Woz for 5500 and TWD for 4500?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Either of those pins on Adverts worth the price - Woz for 5500 and TWD for 4500?

The Woz would be worth it IMO.

I've played the walking dead and its very good but the theme does nothing for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pins popping up everywhere now. Iron maiden Pro on adverts today.

Liquidating stock!

Not a modern game for sale in Ireland for years and now a WOZ,TWD and Iron maiden in the same week:eek:

I've played that exact iron maiden. Actually a great game....tbh all of those pins are really good. Played WOZ in America and that's a good price for it. Out of my budget though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like there maybe some question marks around the validity of the ads

The IM and WD are legit. I've seen them and know the seller.

The IM was actually part of the Irish pinball league meet in my house before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So I have a NeoGeo MVS MV1FZ board and a 161-in-1 cart and UniBIOS V4 which has the PICKnMIX feature. Very handy BUT you need to hold the start button when the board is powered up. So I wondered, wonder if someone has created a patch/fix to remove the need and someone (more info) did as a small PCB that you solder onto the NeoGeo board.

Problem, I got it and installed it and it does jack-all :D Need to see thats up with it, kinda installed it late at night and didn't have time to dig further.

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    So I have a NeoGeo MVS MV1FZ board and a 161-in-1 cart and UniBIOS V4 which has the PICKnMIX feature.

Tell us more !

Tell us more !
    Linky to the Unibios page with info, kinda turns your NeoGeo MVS with a 161in1 cart into a kinda multislot. Will rotate between the games and has a 'nice' pop up game menu if you want to jump to a game direct. It only shows 98 of the games as it drops most hacks from the list.
    To ensure it though with latest/last Unibios version, you need to hold start upon power on which I forget never mind the kids. Thats what the board was meant to do for me :D

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Linky to the Unibios page with info, kinda turns your NeoGeo MVS with a 161in1 cart into a kinda multislot. Will rotate between the games and has a 'nice' pop up game menu if you want to jump to a game direct. It only shows 98 of the games as it drops most hacks from the list.
    To ensure it though with latest/last Unibios version, you need to hold start upon power on which I forget never mind the kids. Thats what the board was meant to do for me :D
    Update, had a play around with the board today and took a chance and removed C1 from the board and its started to work. No idea but not gonna question it :)

Master of the Universe

:(

rWrePhg.jpg

5EGZqzi.jpg

2f0.jpg

0NOb4bY.jpg

Master of the Universe

Haha!

I absolutely hate when some arcade or videogame tat is in a shop and I get message from people sayings things like 'Oisin! check out what they have for sale in X shop!'

I recently had a load of messages from people when Lidl were selling those cheap Megadrive clone yolks.

I know folks are just trying to be nice, but it does make me worry as to how people actually view my hobby :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

:(

rWrePhg.jpg

5EGZqzi.jpg

NOOOO! WHHHYYYY?! WHAT THE FUUUUUCK?!?!?!?!?Q32E230R

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Haha!

I absolutely hate when some arcade or videogame tat is in a shop and I get message from people sayings things like 'Oisin! check out what they have for sale in X shop!'

I recently had a load of messages from people when Lidl were selling those cheap Megadrive clone yolks.

I know folks are just trying to be nice, but it does make me worry as to how people actually view my hobby :eek:

Lidl did actually do some legit Mega Drive Mini consoles about a year ago though and they were on sale for a bargain so... you might have missed out!

I get similar too though, people are well meaning but it can get annoying especially if it's something you have absolutely no interest in.

"Hey, check out this Atari Flashback console! You'd love it!"

"I... already have an Atari 2600 hooked up to my CRT... but thanks?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

https://touch.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade/23490194

Just saw this, someone here might want to grab them

Advertisement