Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not sure if any of you guys have bought much from Yaton on ebay over the years, was a bit of a staple shop for me many years ago.

I noticed he's gone from ebay, did a bit of sleuthing and it looks like they got sick of ebay fees and set up their own website.

https://yatonarcade.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not sure if any of you guys have bought much from Yaton on ebay over the years, was a bit of a staple shop for me many years ago.

I noticed he's gone from ebay, did a bit of sleuthing and it looks like they got sick of ebay fees and set up their own website.

His stuff is usually decent, besides parts he ships individual cabs too but pity the shipping is often more expensive than the cabs themselves when only buying one, have been tempted by an Astro City recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »

Interesting shipping prices
    550223.png

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Interesting shipping prices
    550223.png

China subsidizes a lot of shipping on packages/ smaller items to encourage exporting apparently, still seems rather too cheap though, last time I heard from him for full cabinets it was around $800 each to Ireland (reduces if you order more than one)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was wondering where they went..good selection of odd and ends and decent prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anybody with a Sega Blast / Astro willing to split a purchase of this with me?

https://yatonarcade.com/products/a-set-5x-locks-5-keys-with-6-tong-use-to-sega-astro-city-free-shipping?_pos=15&_sid=4ab196357&_ss=r

I need three of the cam locks for my blast (to make it all stock) but I wouldn't need the extra two.

So... anybody wanna split the order with me? I'd pay €45 you pay the remaining €30 then we split the postage cost?

I actually ordered about 10 of those off AliExpress a few weeks ago...can't wait to get them in 2022

Went out to make space in the garage and ending up mostly putting the cyberlead together.

FHAWi5Y.jpg

Definitely needs a respray down the road. A good clean will.do for now

Threw up a wanted ad in the marketplace.

Anyone have a 25inch polo chassis let me know please ��

If no one here has one spare Edwardo in Spain often has Hantarex parts, might be best to give him a shout and see if he has that'll fit the tube. Has some polo chassis like this which might work: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224287880185?hash=item34389973f9:g:L~0AAOSwZUNf4JCq

• Advertisement

Edwardo is a nice guy, can repair your chassis too, recently managed to get me a nice chassis to suit an 18' tube too, arrived in great packing was like half an old couch in thr box :)

Oh lovely. I'll take a look. Thanks lads

I actually ordered about 10 of those off AliExpress a few weeks ago...can't wait to get them in 2022

Actual Sega cam locks with paired keys or just generic cam locks? I ask because I already have the latter. :-P

oh generics. I have some missing ones and some had to be drilled out so got a bunch. Those cyberleads take 6 locks each so id go broke looking for official ones for them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

MrVestek wrote: »
    Actual Sega cam locks with paired keys or just generic cam locks? I ask because I already have the latter. :-P

I got an astro coin entry slot from here, might be worth checking out :

https://www.hklegend.com.hk/?page_no=3&lang=0

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

do you know what type of 25 inch polo chassis you need? (Polo, Polo 2 or Polo Star?)

do you know what type of 25 inch polo chassis you need? (Polo, Polo 2 or Polo Star?)

I'm not sure

wlH4E38.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

That's an original Polo (1st one, 15khz only). I don't have any of those spare unfortunately.

It does look a little rusty. Have you tried contacting Grant in UK? He services these and is very familiar with repairing them.

Not yet. I have a intervideo compatible one I saw for sale from Spain. Getting stuff to and from the UK now is a bit of a pain

Intervideo one is €100 shipped though

So my new wiring harnesses for the Blast City have ended up in.... Finland.

I really hope that Finnish post realises that it's not supposed to be there and forwards it on... very VERY frustrating though.

Folks... don't ever use Canada Post for anything. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So my new wiring harnesses for the Blast City have ended up in.... Finland.

I really hope that Finnish post realises that it's not supposed to be there and forwards it on... very VERY frustrating though.

Folks... don't ever use Canada Post for anything. Ever.
    I remember I had items which I posted to Australia being first shipped to Austria :D I'd say its a fairly regular occurrence

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I remember I had items which I posted to Australia being first shipped to Austria :D I'd say its a fairly regular occurrence

I'll be curious to see if it was a hand-written address when it does finally turn up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I had an SD2SP2 go from Croyden to LA to Dublin early in the 2020 lockdown. It somehow arrived before the replacement 8BitMods sent me did!

I had an SD2SP2 go from Croyden to LA to Dublin early in the 2020 lockdown. It somehow arrived before the replacement 8BitMods sent me did!

The tracking number is showing up in An Post's system now but the item is still in Finland so looks like the Finish postal service figured it out.

Only thing I'm thinking is... maybe there are no direct flights (even for Cargo) from Canada to Dublin right now.

Either that or Canada Post *seriously* messed up.

A plane flew over my flat the other night though (unusual considering most commercial flight paths over my house are usually heading to Spain...) and I got curious... it was a freight plane so *some* freight services are still going.

I guess I'll never know. I'm probably thinking about it too hard. :P

2tS73Wi.jpg

Picked this up for €50 off a friend the other day. Mega burn in!

Going to convert it to a dedicated cab. Definitely something 2 buttons because of the small CP. Also have to change the angle on that because more 30 seconds with your wrists like that and its torture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Also have to change the angle on that because more 30 seconds with your wrists like that and its torture

People keep saying that but I have 3 of these now , converted to dedicated games and the angle hasn't once been an issue to be honest.

Nice grab. There's still plenty of these around and they make for tidy conversions

BGOllie wrote: »
    People keep saying that but I have 3 of these now , converted to dedicated games and the angle hasn't once been an issue to be honest.

Nice grab. There's still plenty of these around and they make for tidy conversions

Ah good to know. I'll leave it as is so. I just remembered playing bad angle poker before and it killing me.

Thinking of turning it into a 2p revenge of death adder machine

Still waiting on my Blast City wiring... where the hell is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Still waiting on my Blast City wiring... where the hell is it?!

Probably on the Evergreen ship

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a resource for the control inlays for arcade games.

I need to make some for my Candy's but I can't find any good scans that aren't Japanese shooters. I did find a guy who makes his own ones and uploads them...some good work too

Looking for Tekken tag specifically

Advertisement