Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Does anyone have a resource for the control inlays for arcade games.

I need to make some for my Candy's but I can't find any good scans that aren't Japanese shooters. I did find a guy who makes his own ones and uploads them...some good work too

Looking for Tekken tag specifically

Id say try Olly in Arcade Artshop https://www.arcadeartshop.com

Its the "Instruction card" that you are looking for.

Or ask on Arcade Otaku

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Speaking of Tekken Tag I'm actually looking for some Blast City themed artwork for it myself.

Jack would you mind letting me know what you find?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

MrVestek wrote: »
    Speaking of Tekken Tag I'm actually looking for some Blast City themed artwork for it myself.

Jack would you mind letting me know what you find?

Will do.

I'm surprised there isn't more scans of that stuff floating around TBH

Asked on ukvac and zilch

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Might be worth contacting this lad on ebay, seems to do custom Blast marquee art

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114788653479?hash=item1ab9efd9a7:g:2ycAAOSwol5gfiMx

o1s1n wrote: »
    Might be worth contacting this lad on ebay, seems to do custom Blast marquee art

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114788653479?hash=item1ab9efd9a7:g:2ycAAOSwol5gfiMx

Already reached out to him actually, he doesn't take comissions I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Already reached out to him actually, he doesn't take comissions I'm afraid.

Is it just the marquee you are looking for?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Is it just the marquee you are looking for?

Marquee and the instruction panel etc but the standard ones don't fit the Blast afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Actually yes, thank you! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Actually yes, thank you! :-)

Cool. He did a load of custom marquees for my atomiswave back in the day. Quality is grand. Not super glossy but on good quality material and fine behind perspex

Some examples of my ones he did

[URL]Https://photos.app.goo.gl/9xHaVuY3nR5gCqQGA[/URL]

I should have both Cyberleads powered up and side by side this week.

I have a video of power going to the second one for the first time in 19 years. Didn't miss a beat. Monitor looks nice too. Few pics later

I have the Atomiswave too and wondering what to do with it. It's got a monitor running on 220 and cab itself is on 100. So it's next on my list to get stuck into and clean up. I was half thinking of running a PS2 in there with a HDD. Give access to a huge library of games then. Bad idea? Good idea? What do you guys think?

I have a video of power going to the second one for the first time in 19 years. Didn't miss a beat. Monitor looks nice too. Few pics later

I have the Atomiswave too and wondering what to do with it. It's got a monitor running on 220 and cab itself is on 100. So it's next on my list to get stuck into and clean up. I was half thinking of running a PS2 in there with a HDD. Give access to a huge library of games then. Bad idea? Good idea? What do you guys think?

You'd probably do just as well with a Sega Dreamcast paired with a VGA box and one of the many GDEMU clones that can be found on Aliexpress.

Maybe it's just the Sega fan in me but having a PS2 in an Atomiswave just feels... wrong. :-P

Master of the Universe

You'd probably do just as well with a Sega Dreamcast paired with a VGA box and one of the many GDEMU clones that can be found on Aliexpress.

Maybe it's just the Sega fan in me but having a PS2 in an Atomiswave just feels... wrong. :-P

Actually that's not a bad idea as there are loads of Atomiswave games which have now been ported to the Dreamcast.

I suppose the main problem then is getting the controls linked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Maybe a Sega Naomi NetDimm (select games via wifi) setup? That way you keep it arcade and there has been a number of Atomiswave games converted to Naomi so keeps true to the cab.
    Does mean an investment into a Sega Naomi board, NetDimm which mightnot make dollar sense...but when did having an arcade machine make sense? :D

Actually that's not a bad idea as there are loads of Atomiswave games which have now been ported to the Dreamcast.

I suppose the main problem then is getting the controls linked up.

Could easily bastardise one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233790115458?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233790115458&targetid=1279076611369&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006886&poi=&campaignid=12125451059&mkgroupid=124346239882&rlsatarget=pla-1279076611369&abcId=9300480&merchantid=115252151&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2NyFBhDoARIsAMtHtZ6ws6CWRA6UkCy3mdQgykwnkQK17JEh6HomphJJvcbk-dk2cV0ThIkaAiJrEALw_wcB

Just use whatever encoder board is in there essentially and maybe a Dreamcast controller extension cable.

Yeah might consider the Dreamcast way too. I do have a PS2 setup that's at low money in my watchlist on eBay ATM

If I snag that I'll go that way, want to do this on a bit of a budget. Cabs are breaking me at the moment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Saw an email there from Ronnie/RKLOK, with a list of incoming cabs:
    NAMCO NOIR BLUE - 3 units - 1295 euro each
    HOSHITOTSUBASA(STAR WING) - 1 unit - 3495 euro
    SEGA NEW NET CITY - 2 units - 1095 euro each
    TAITO VEWLIX L - 5 units 1095 euro each
    SEGA ASTRO CITY - 4 units - 1295 euro each
    TAITO VEWLIX FC - 4 units - 1295 euro each
    NAMCO NOIR GOLD CABINET - 2 units - 1995 euro each
    SEGA BLAST CITY - 2 units - 1195 each
    Taito Type X3 PCB - 20 units - 249 euro each

That "HOSHITOTSUBASA(STAR WING)" cab is a beast! I'd love to be able to fit that in my shed!! :pac:

Crazy to see an astro/blast is now more expensive than a vewlix L or a NNC, guess the availability of crt cabs has gone down big time in the past few years and the lcd cabs are everywhere now

Master of the Universe

Astro especially was always a 700-800 euro cab, that's quite the price increase indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Maybe time to trade 2x Dino Kings for a Taito Vewlix?

Astro especially was always a 700-800 euro cab, that's quite the price increase indeed.

495 I paid for my first and 595 for my second.. Crazy there double that now, what were the aeros when we got them? 650 - 700 something like that.. Guess they are running out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Maybe time to trade 2x Dino Kings for a Taito Vewlix?

One of those will always have a home with me!

Master of the Universe

495 I paid for my first and 595 for my second.. Crazy there double that now, what were the aeros when we got them? 650 - 700 something like that.. Guess they are running out

That's right! I didn't mind moving it on too much as I was thinking it'd be relatively cheap and easy to replace...wonder what theyre going for now?

Don't think this needs its own thread but there's an Egret mini coming for €140 (Subject to change) on March 2022
    40 games and a rotating screen, also can load games via SD.

https://twitter.com/TaitoASelection/status/1400649005298688000?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My Aero was over €1000 last Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

I was trying to import a shared container of candies and music games a while back with someone and prices of candies are gone crazy with almost every supplier in Japan. Home market has exploded in Japan since start of COVID, plus 40ft shipping container has increased from 2-3k this time last year to 12k on last quote, I presume/ hope it will calm as have already some stuff pre paid. So I expect prices to keep rising for atleast the next while anyway.

Another post just showing how lovely the wider Candy community have been.

First CathalDub is lovely enough to donate a JPac to me, then I was talking to another Australian lad via Instagram about some issues that I was having with a coin mech and tracking down some 100 yen coins.

Dude asks me for my address and says "hey I have some coins laying around... I'll send you some".

Package turns up this morning and not only does it have a few 100 yen coins, he also threw in some Taito, Capcom and Sega branded tokens!

Not only that but apparently he had a spare coin mech lying around with the proper bolts to keep it steady in the cab, and he sent it on as well as a surprise!

Seriously, this community is lovely!

[IMG][/img]V1XhWiW.png

Master of the Universe

My Aero was over €1000 last Summer!

Was that the ridiculously super minty fresh one? Worth the grand tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Was that the ridiculously super minty fresh one? Worth the grand tbh!

Hehe, yeah the very same! Worth every single penny and has given me hours of fun since I got it.

Advertisement