Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options
1244245246247248250»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,917 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sega Aero Table for sale over on Arcade Otaku in Germany. Has the speaker pod and marquee holder too.

It's ridiculously expensive at 4,500 euro, totally impractical to play games on but my god do I wish I had the money and space for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Would love to buy and just have my wife and child come down to it one morning instead of the kitchen table.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭Inviere

Four and a half grand....the world has gone mad

Master of the Universe

I saw someone mentioned on YouTube today that the Dreamcast Divers CRT console unit was a '7000 dollar console' and a lad replying saying he offered 5000 dollars to a shop in Japan who had one but they wouldn't sell it.

Thought they were just making shite up so had a look on eBay.

The only ones listed now are between 18,000 and 25,000 dollars.

Anything that's a bit desirable or out there that doesn't turn up too often seems to be going for insane cash. Would love to have a chat with someone who's spent that kinda money to get their take on it.

I see Ronnie is happily selling run of the mill non rare cabinets for in and around 2 grand these days and people are buying them. Ive seen folks comment on 3000 euro+ SNK cabinets saying what a good deal they are. The going rate in the US seems to be utterly mad. Was talking to a lad with a load of Jaleco Pony Tables over there and he was looking for 5,000 a piece.

So yep, the world has gone mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

On the train home from Base Arcade in Belfast. Really enjoyed it, nice spread of cabinets and consoles and everything well maintained.

£20 for a ticket (4 hour slot and all on free play) and €31 for the return train. £6.50 a pint though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Been looking at selling my cabs recently. 2 cyberleads and 2 awsd.

In 2 minds of it though, prices probably an all time high now but then ill never replace them because chances of getting a candy sub 1000 is near impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭dav09

If you still have them in a few months and are selling give me a shout timing not great, they should go for a decent amount of money but can be a difficult sell in Ireland.

Master of the Universe

Edit - Deleting my commentary on this, I've fairly strong opinions on it but this is not the place. :)

Post edited by o1s1n on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

@o1s1n I actually know Mr_Kola for a good few years now. Was chatting him earlier today. There's a lot of stuff people don't know about and details that are being left out. But the pitchforks are out.

He did want to give back the items but there are claims for stuff he does not have.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you do have his ear I'd suggest advising he return the AES / computer bits he photographed and just keep all the arcade gear as suggested. Amazing deal for 2k (a bit too amazing but we'll leave that there) Then everyone wins and it's all sorted.

That whole deal is going south at a ridiculous rate no matter who's story is right.

Master of the Universe

Someone mentioned the 'King of Air' Pandora multi shmup board there recently and I remembered that I had one stored away in the attic. Was wondering why I didn't have it in one of the slots I'm my jamma selector as I'd two left empty.

Dug it out and remembered why, the edge of the casing for it has a plastic bit that stops you inserting it into a jamma multi board.

'hang on, why don't I just decase this thing??'

Not sure why that didn't occur to me before. Four screws and we were left with a tiny little PCB. I see there's a micro sd card on it too, wonder if you can fiddle about with it?

Slots on easy now.

Back in business!

Nice! You should take an image of the SD-card incase it ever fails…you'd be then able to just burn that image to a new sd card and away you go.

Master of the Universe

Didn't think of that, that's a fantastic idea! will do that this evening. Was reading around and it seems Micro SD cards corrupting is actually a bit of an issue with Pandora multi boards.

Yeah I doubt they use cards that are great quality, so wouldn't bank on it lasting forever. At least you'll have a backup of it if it goes to silicon heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How does it play? any stutters or slowness?

Master of the Universe

The good - selection of games on it is absolutely fantastic. All the big hitters like Dodonpachi, Battle Garegga, Armed Police Batrider, Gunwange, Esp.Ra.De etc. 60 in total. You can configure it to go back to the menu by pressing return coin and player 1. From the games I know I haven't really witnessed any slowdown.

The bad - the main issue I've seen is screen tearing in some games. It's not huge screen tearing, but definitely is there and it might annoy you in some of them. Others seem fine though. I was playing the hell out of Battle Garegga and Air Gallet yesterday having a blast.

The picture also seems a bit dim. You could potentially adjust this out with pot adjustments, I can't really though as I need to keep it the way it is for all the other boards in my multi jamma switcher. It also doesn't save high scores.

I believe there's an updated version of the board that now saves scores and resolves some of the above issues. I was wondering too if the tearing mentioned about could maybe even be fixed with a better SD card. Going to give that a go.

Still, for the price of entry and the games on it I reckon they're worth it. Even just for when people pop over to have a nice multi in a vertical cabinet.

Master of the Universe

Managed to nab a successful image of that SD card. You were right, it's an 8GB C4 Chinese SanDisk clone.

Currently writing the image to a legit 32GB Class 10 SanDisk. Be interesting to see if there's any performance difference.

Not sure if you'll see an improvement in performance, as I imagine it just dumps the rom to ram and runs it from there...but who knows with these things. At the very least you've a working backup of the card now for when it eventually craps out.

Master of the Universe

On the plus side the image works, new SD card in it running now. Must have a look on the forums to see if anyone was looking for a copy of it.

But yeah, no improvement in those games that had the bit of screen tearing. I did do some monitor adjusting though and it all looks a hell of a lot better.

It's weird, the issues don't seem to be caused by games being more demanding. Battle Garegga and Dodonpachi run great. Raiden on the other hand is the worst offender, with lots of background tearing and the music plays about 10 times slower than it's meant to.

Either way, should do until I finally get off my arse and buy another DE10 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very happy man here

I was puzzling over getting Devil Blade Reboot, a Steam exclusive right now, working on my Pi powered Candy Can.

Well, lo and behold the never before used Steam Link built into this version of RetroPie/EmulationStation came to the rescue.

Quickly, I got it running with minimal lag, and five minutes later with no lag and full screen.

And this is a game that deserves to be played on an arcade cabinet, it's stunning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I also realise, belatedly, that this means I can access the arcade titles from my Steam library and play them on the cab.

I think I'm going to be rather busy in the coming weeks

Master of the Universe

Cool! That's a nice surprise. I love finding games that weren't released in arcades but would have made good arcade games. Ex-Zodiac would look amazing on that big monitor.

So would the millions of Metroidvanias available on Steam too actually.

Ex Zodiac, I think I have that!

Certainly, the opportunity is now to find as many low demand but rather great arcade titles that would play well on the cab.

I still have that lump of a PC that Inviere sorted for me, that's now stored away, it could be perfect as a dedicated Steam Machine, streaming to the cab

I got my Steam deck working as the host for the Steam Link in the cab.

Bit of hassle with getting it full screen though.

I think it needs to be run in Desktop mode, with the games scaled to 640x480 in a window.

More experiments needed!

Oh, I tried out Ex Zodiac, it was awesome!

Advertisement