Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Cider , did you check your voltages as I presume you use a Supergun ?

These multi carts usually are not the best of quality , I had a 60 in 1 die without any reason and all my volts are good .
    No harm to check them once under load though .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Metal slug 1 and 2 work but none of the others do, i can use the fire and jump buttons to start the game but nothing happens in the game.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart

looks like they are all supposed to work

8000483885_8154ee348a_b.jpg

I unplugged the cart a few times and it looks better, must be that old blow in the cart syndrome.

I have the yellow 150 in 1 on a 1 slot MVS1B board and it works very well .
    Viewpoint is pretty awesome .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That picture looks gorgeous, super sexy scanlines! :o

I have the 150 in 1 cart and tested MS3 and 4 and they work fine same as 1 and 2. I don't think there's any game specific settings or anything like that with these carts so your problem is a bit strange. Does it affect any other games you've tried? The lovely Blazing Star, Strikers 1945+?

Enough KoF's on the thing, everything else I've played plays fine, just the metal slugs and that's why I bought it.. Might be the namco jamma converter? I'm all new to this so not to sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Casey120 wrote: »
    Are you going to share that compiled sweetness then my dear sir ?

I never get that stuff to work properly :(

I've the same 161 in 1 cart on an MVS-FZ1 with unibios 2.2 (I think) and it works fine. I actually had another 161 in 1 cart but sold it on and then picked up this one months later when I realised it was actually a great cart to have (despite all the nasty modded/hacked/bootleg versions of the same games that are on it). I never had an issue with either of the carts.

I really wish they'd put some sort of settings on these carts that allows you to sort or hide the bootlegs.

Could it be the dip switches on the MVS 1 slot? I find it strange i can use the buttons to start the game and move about, but can't fire or jump

safetyboy wrote: »
    Could it be the dip switches on the MVS 1 slot? I find it strange i can use the buttons to start the game and move about, but can't fire or jump

I guess its possible. And the normal buttons work on all the other games on the cart?

Steve SI wrote: »
    I guess its possible. And the normal buttons work on all the other games on the cart?

Every other game I've tried is fine, but no way am I going through all them KoF's :mad:

What I hate about these multicarts is that the difficulty on most games is put on 8 while the standard is 4 and you can change that but it won't save permanently, and why don't they make one multicart containing all the Neo games instead of all those hacks :mad:.

• Advertisement

Casey120 wrote: »
    What I hate about these multicarts is that the difficulty on most games is put on 8 while the standard is 4 and you can change that but it won't save permanently, and why don't they make one multicart containing all the Neo games instead of all those hacks :mad:.

Yeah, I guess they think most people will buy the one with the biggest number on it :(

safetyboy wrote: »
    Every other game I've tried is fine, but no way am I going through all them KoF's :mad:

This page has PDF manuals for each of the mobos: http://www.hardmvs.com/html/Downloads.htm

Excellent site for MVS info.

My Aero only had 3 buttons and on the Cute the 4th button didn't work on the MVS because it was connected to a CPS1 kick harnass .
    I connected a 4th button to the jamma connector on the Aero on pin 25 and AC , the Cute I still have to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Question - do newer candy cabs have tinted glass in front of the monitor? I can't quite remember if my AWSD had tinted glass or not.

Just looking at the difference in picture brightness between when the monitor is out in the open and the tinted glass is down over it - there's really some difference. I much rather it untinted.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Question - do newer candy cabs have tinted glass in front of the monitor? I can't quite remember if my AWSD had tinted glass or not.

Just looking at the difference in picture brightness between when the monitor is out in the open and the tinted glass is down over it - there's really some difference. I much rather it untinted.

My Egret 3 isnt tinted and neither is the AWSD, raw screen all the way for me :)
    I think it looks much better and don't you have to pump up the brightness on a screen that has the plastic tint in front of it? So you're reducing the life of the screen by having it much brighter than it should be.

Master of the Universe

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks man!

I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me for preferring the raw screen. You do have to really pump up the brightness and contrast to get a strong picture through the tint (which produces issues of its own)

I'm going to see if I can get some clear glass cut for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Has anyone used parcelmotel for getting pcbs shipped from the uk?
    Some of the guys on j+ an AO only ship to the UK.

I presume there is no difference in postage costs shipping to NI from England?
    Just give them the NI parcel motel address and pay UK postage charges?

Then just pay the parcel.motel fee myself when it arrives here?

Master of the Universe

I read that as -

Has anyone used paracetamol for getting pcbs shipped from the uk?

:pac::pac::pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    That is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks man!

I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me for preferring the raw screen. You do have to really pump up the brightness and contrast to get a strong picture through the tint (which produces issues of its own)

I'm going to see if I can get some clear glass cut for it.

Shouldn't be a problem to get a nice bit of clear tempered glass in Dublin.

Has anyone used parcelmotel for getting pcbs shipped from the uk?
    Some of the guys on j+ an AO only ship to the UK.

I presume there is no difference in postage costs shipping to NI from England?
    Just give them the NI parcel motel address and pay UK postage charges?

Then just pay the parcel.motel fee myself when it arrives here?

A friend of mine got a Raiden 2 pcb delivered via Parcel Motel, paid UK postage rates and all worked out perfect for him. He got it from Ebay but don't see why anyone on J+ or AO would have a problem with it.

On a different note, messing about with the CP again tonight. I've taken out the 2L12B panel and put back in the original 1L6B, same type of buttons and stick - Seimitsu's and an LS-58-01-X. The move strip is pretty bland but not bothered too much about that.

2L12B:

VWAl7.jpg

1L6B:

UlJwA.jpg

I also have an LS-56-01 which comes with a black shaft instead of the green one on the 58. Wasn't sure which goes best with the 1L6B dark background so just threw in the 58 for now. Maybe neither looks best and no coloured shaft would be better again, haven't checked to see if they come off easy. What do you folks reckon?

LS-58-01-X:

nQion.jpg

LS-56-01:

U0dRy.jpg

• Advertisement

I like the coloured shafts but I think in the long run I'd stick with a black one (well a black shaft cover as my shafts are silver/chrome).
    It sort of goes with everything, but the green and pink shafts do look well on your cpanel.

If you fancy trying out some move strips to see how they look why not print off a few different types for your favourite games or just some generic ones to add a little colour to the panel.
    I printed this custom one off as I didn't want to use the one that came with my Ibara pcb and it looks just as good (I actually prefer this custom design to the original) once you have the glass over it. I used a ruler and very sharp knife to cut it to size and keep everything straight.

Click for full size.
    dsc6152bb.jpg

Also, all this talk of pink, green and black shafts......
    300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

That Ibara strip goes great with that Panel :p

I hope Emphatic keeps on translating those move strips from popular games, I agree they look better than the originals and are at least readable .
    He just made a new one for DoDonpachi DaiOuJou .

Is Bullet soul worth buying, and what is the going rate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I take it everyone has seen the Galaxians cab on Adverts?
    How much work would be needed to use that cab with one of those 60 in 1 multiboards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I take it everyone has seen the Galaxians cab on Adverts?
    How much work would be needed to use that cab with one of those 60 in 1 multiboards?

Yeah that & some poker machine for €500. He says its all original, I suppose it'd make a nice piece to own

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I contact him about that cab a while back and i think he said he would let it go for 400, id say you would get him down a bit more. Its decent enough looking, one side looks worse than the other.

Not sure if thats a jamma cab though? I dont think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    I contact him about that cab a while back and i think he said he would let it go for 400, id say you would get him down a bit more. Its decent enough looking, one side looks worse than the other.

Not sure if thats a jamma cab though? I dont think it is

No it wouldn't be Jamma, its bespoke for the game I'd say

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    No it wouldn't be Jamma, its bespoke for the game I'd say

You could probably get an adapter to make it JAMMA.

It would be nice to own, but as your second, third or forth cab.

If you can only have 1 cab in this whole world, pick a better one ;)

Last CP change for a while, swapped out the green 58 and put in the black 56. Took bloody ages as I had to dismantle the entire overlay section. Also removed the Atomiswave move strip filler, was filthy. Might see about getting one of emphatic's printed, shame he hasn't got a Raiden one available.

The 56 is a noticeably stiffer but still has a good feel to it. Gave Strikers 1945 II a bash with it and was impressed.

wRX7u.jpg

IEzMR.jpg

58fGd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the MVS.

Motherboard, cartridges, bioses, connection to jamma etc

Haven't a clue about MVS but I saw footage of an MVS game called Blazing Star that I though looked awesome and piqued my interest!

Advertisement