Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the MVS.

Motherboard, cartridges, bioses, connection to jamma etc

Haven't a clue about MVS but I saw footage of an MVS game called Blazing Star that I though looked awesome and piqued my interest!

This site has tons of info: http://www.hardmvs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cheers Andrew.

Anyone have the 161 in 1 neo geo cart.

Is it any good. Reliable, accurate, no frame skipping etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Cheers Andrew.

Anyone have the 161 in 1 neo geo cart.

Is it any good. Reliable, accurate, no frame skipping etc

I have it but only 1 and 2 of the Metal slugs work for me, all else on the cart seem fine, Nobody else here has a problem though.

I think Steve_SI said he has the 161 in 1 and it was fine for him. I have the 150 in 1 version and it works perfect for the games I've played (usually only a small handful of what is in the list).

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

The 138-in-1 is still the best Cart with the most games and least hacks, only catch is that it uses a little Jamma sub adapter which is included though and really not a big deal .

Games on the 138 that the 161 lacks :

ART OF FIGHTING 3
    CYBER-LIP
    GHOST PILOTS
    GHOSTLOP
    GOAL! GOAL! GOAL!
    KABUKI KLASH
    LEAGUE BOWLING
    METAL SLUG 5
    NAM-1975
    NINJA COMBAT
    NINJA MASTER’S
    POP’N BOUNCE
    POWER SPIKES II
    PUZZLED JOY JOY KID
    SENGOKU 2
    SHOCK TROOPERS
    SUPER SIDEKICKS
    TECMO WORLD 96
    TWINKLE STAR SPRITES
    WAKU WAKU 7
    WORLD HEROES JET
    WORLD HEROES PERFECT

Games on neither of them :mad: :

Aggressors of Dark Kombat
    Art of Fighting
    Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
    Baseball Stars Professional
    Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
    Digger Man
    Fatal Fury 2
    Fatal Fury Special
    Fatal Fury 3
    Flip Shot
    Galaxy Fight
    Gururin
    Irritating Maze
    Jockey Grandprix
    King of Fighters 2000
    King of the Monsters 2
    Mahjong Kyoretsuden
    Magician Lord
    Minnasano Okagesamadesu
    Pochi & Nyaa
    Quest of Jong Master
    Quiz Daisousa Sen
    Quiz King of Fighters
    Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
    Ragnagard
    Real Bout Fatal Fury
    Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
    Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
    Riding Hero
    Samurai Shodown V
    SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (official)
    Super Sidekicks
    The Super Spy
    Top Players Golf
    V-Liner
    Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
    Windjammers

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. Do those carts need a mobo or is all that built in for direct connection to jamma?

Cheers guys. Do those carts need a mobo or is all that built in for direct connection to jamma?

Yes they need a mobo, a 1 slot would do, different versions of them (see that hardmvs link above for details).

Andrew76 wrote: »

Yes they need a mobo, a 1 slot would do, different version of them (see that hardmvs link above for details).

Thanks Andrew. That's what I though just wasn't 100% sure.

So, who's selling a one slot mobo and 138 in 1 cart?.
    I have 40 quid for the lucky(hapless) seller! Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I still have a 6 slot knocking about. Surely someone wants it?!

o1s1n wrote: »

Are the 6 slots not considered a bit unreliable especially where multi game carts are concerned?

• Advertisement

Thanks Andrew. That's what I though just wasn't 100% sure.

So, who's selling a one slot mobo and 138 in 1 cart?.
    I have 40 quid for the lucky(hapless) seller! Haha!

ebay.fr seems to be the place to get them.

So, who's selling a one slot mobo and 138 in 1 cart?

I think there's a 1 slot on adverts.ie, based somewhere in Louth. He was looking for €150 for it but on the comments I think someone had him down to €70. Might be an option for you if you're near that neck of the woods?

Master of the Universe

Are the 6 slots not considered a bit unreliable especially where multi game carts are concerned?

Ive never had a single problem with my one. Always heard theyre meant to be unreliable, cant say Ive experienced it though.

Never tried out a multi cart in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ive never had a single problem with my one. Always heard theyre meant to be unreliable, cant say Ive experienced it though.

Never tried out a multi cart in it.

Multicarts and 6 slot do not mix very well from what I've seen online.
    But I've never had a 6 slot so cant say for sure.

http://jvspac.kirurg.org/

would that be better for my New net city that the j-pac for running mame off a PC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was looking for that "mystery get" thread and noticed its closed.. I may have just made a deal for my "grail" cab. Now its not one of the candys or anything its an old one, But if things go to plan ill have it next week along with another one. They will be project cabs thats for sure.. but ill have the basis of something ive dreamed of for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    I was looking for that "mystery get" thread and noticed its closed.. I may have just made a deal for my "grail" cab. Now its not one of the candys or anything its an old one, But if things go to plan ill have it next week along with another one. They will be project cabs thats for sure.. but ill have the basis of something ive dreamed of for years.

Sounds like the SF2 CE twin sitdown cab? Two of them you say??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

They will be project cabs thats for sure.. but ill have the basis of something ive dreamed of for years.
    I remember people telling you 1 Cab would never be enough,
    Hahaha your well on your way now to house full :)
    Cant wait to see what u got next. Ur SF Cab is unreal...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sounds like the SF2 CE twin sitdown cab? Two of them you say??

haha no its not one of them. I dont want to jinx it until i have them in my house. thats all im saying on it for now. fingers crossed it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

haha no its not one of them. I dont want to jinx it until i have them in my house. thats all im saying on it for now. fingers crossed it works out.

Did they make a Rise of the Robots cab??
    :D

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    http://jvspac.kirurg.org/

would that be better for my New net city that the j-pac for running mame off a PC?

Isn't your cab already modded to play Jamma though? Or how else were you playing that MVS 1 Slot? If you can play Jamma games on it then the Ultimarc JPAC would work fine.

That's not to say that JVS-PAC wouldn't work too, just don't know anything about it personally. Maybe see if anyone over on AO or J+ has any first hand experience of it or of Maming their NNC.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Isn't your cab already modded to play Jamma though? Or how else were you playing that MVS 1 Slot? If you can play Jamma games on it then the Ultimarc JPAC would work fine.

That's not to say that JVS-PAC wouldn't work too, just don't know anything about it personally. Maybe see if anyone over on AO or J+ has any first hand experience of it or of Maming their NNC.

Its wired for both, looks like the JVS-Pac can map the controls easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Lads I have My Dreamcast running in My cab and was just wondering what you reckon are the best games to play in it...which are suited to a Cab
    I love the Dreamcast but obviously playing in a cab you are restricted what games you can play...Digital controls etc.
    Also who the feck would want to play Shemue et all in a cab anyway.

I have all beat em ups and love them all but other than that, What else.

At the mo I'm playing Border down, Zerogunner,Under defeat,Gigawing,Trizeal,Castle of Shikami,and Virtua Tennis
    Any hidden gems I'm missing as I know a few of you have a DC in your cab also.
    Kinda looking for games that aren't beat em ups or Shumps, or if they are they aren't the usual ones in everyones top DC games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyway to get naomi games running on the DC?

Anyway to get naomi games running on the DC?
    What you mean?
    Most DC games are just ports of Naomi games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah just reviewing that statement in my head and any decent one was already ported haha

So here is what i got, picked them up tonight. Now .. They need a lot of work, which is cool because i like doing it.. and they are not everyone's cup o tea, also these photos are still pre-cleaning, they are filthy. But this first one is literally the first arcade game i ever played and ive always wanted one.

Space Invaders Cocktail Cab

2012-09-20-015.jpg

Also got this.. Moon Base Cocktail Cab

2012-09-20-018.jpg

As i said both need work, but i cant wait to get them done up. though i have to, until after the wedding because ill be killed if i buy anything else!

Master of the Universe

Nice purchases man!

I almost bought a Moon Base cocktail from adverts about three years ago. Had nowhere to put it at the time though :(

Shhh111te..Very nice..I'm in the market for one myself next actually.
    I just love the wooden finish on those bad boys.
    Where did ya get them, And is there any more.Congrats man

• Advertisement

I bought them off a mate of the lad i bought the street fighter 2 cab i have off. I text him randomly last week a pic of the updated cab, with it back working, as he seemed to be interested in me letting him know if i got it fixed up. He replied back asking if i was interested in a space invaders table top game..! couldnt believe it. anyways, I would have paid anything for a space invaders cocktail, but money is tight at the minute, but i got them both for 280 in the end so cant complain, they have monitors, boards etc just need a clean up and the chassis need servicing.

The guy had "borderlands" upright aswell, two steering wheels on it.. he didnt seem to be selling that though. he also had one of those flashy gambling machines too. and a poker machine. no more cocktails though.

Advertisement