Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

kevin2me wrote: »
    I think, now not sure now, but I think I might have the original screen if you like it. And I kept the looms too.

Id be interested in that screen alright, the moon base one is fecked, ideally id like to resotre that to original too, id hate to have to mame it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

was just gonna post, sounds like you've got a break in your ground somewhere that's cutting off some of your switches.

Is your stick wired with individual daisychained switches or is it a PCB with a loom running a ground line into it?

Did it get moved or get a bump or a scratch or anything lately that might have done it some damage?

Its daisychained, I'll pop off the sides now and take a look and see if i can figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Is this on the Naomi, just open the control panel and unplug the white connector connected to the io board and swap it over to the yellow connector.

And try again

That wont work, the way this cp is wired is so that the white connector will only fir into bottom right.

The connector is wired with 2 blank sections in the second row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That wont work, the way this cp is wired is so that the white connector will only fir into bottom right.

The connector is wired with 2 blank sections in the second row

Use a multimeter & see if there's continuity between the ground points

• Advertisement

For that I'd need a multimeter haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

For that I'd need a multimeter haha

I believe they sell them in the White Tiger...

Cash or charge?

AH my cosin called in with a HD to be repaired so fixing this will have to wait till tomorrow, I did take a look and theres a earth cable at the side thats not connecting to anything except the cab, not a clue where to put it though

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Your problem sounds like a signal ground issue and not an earthing issue. Put up a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

That's probably an AC ground wire that connects to a nut on the CP.
    Will have feck all to do with your dodgy controls though.
    I'd take joystick apart, Click each microswitch individually on up/down/left/right to see if they register, swap the Quick release connections with each contact to rule out wires/connections and then trace the dodgy ground connection

• Advertisement

Right, I'll put up pictures and give that a go in the morning

Thanks lads

OK just took apart the stick, only 1 microswitch was working but same problem when i switched them.

Also tried changing the quick connections for P1 and P2 and when I did it was the same problem with player 1 so the problem is either with the quick connection or somewhere beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Grand so if its not microswitch or connections it has to be Ground wire daisy chain.
    Throw up some pics..I presume you have all directions grounded by daisy chanining to each other and not those 5 pin connectors?
    If one direction works then thats probably the first direction chained straight to the buttons.The issue would then be the next daisy chain connection off this direction.
    Just guessing

Well its the last point thats daisy chained thats working

heres a few pics, could it be the board in the last pic isnt grounded? As you can all tell I know **** all about cabs really

IMG_20120925_195442.jpg

IMG_20120925_195513.jpg

IMG_20120925_195641.jpg

Phone pics, sorry for crap quality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I remember when MAME was about 2gigs with all the extras :o

mamesize.jpg

Morning all. Quick question for the PC heads in here.

I have an old dell system i was using for a media PC lying about unused at the moment. It's a vista machine (shudder), but i was thinking of maybe putting XP on it because vista is such a resource hog, and using it to upgrade my bartop cab to play newer games. Specs are as follows

Inspiron 530 E4400 Core 2 Duo Processor 2.00GHz, 800Mhz FSB, 2MB cache

3 or 4 GB of decent ram, loads and loads of HDD.

The 256 MB Nvidia Geforce card it has is a load of rubbish, cheapest one available from dell that had a DVI out at the time.

I know very little about multicore systems, and in particular graphics cards. What would i need to do to this machine to get it up to the spec needed to play newer PC games like Street fighter 4? Would a rollback to XP do it or am i likely to have to upgrade the gfx, and if so can anyone recommend a card to look at that won't break the bank? It doesn't want to run SF4 in it's current state, it gets about 30fps on the lowest quality settings.

These are the SF4 minimum and recommended requirements:

Minimum Requirements

• Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
    • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up (except for NVIDIA GeForce 7300), VRAM: 256MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed) or ATI Radeon X1600 and up VRAM: 256MB and up.
    • Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
    • Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio
    • Other Requirements: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows – LIVE

Recommended hardware
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz and up
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
    • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 and up, VRAM: 512MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed)
    • Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
    • Sound: DirectSound, DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve SI wrote: »
    I remember when MAME was about 2gigs with all the extras :o

mamesize.jpg

Steve, you're going to have to put your Mame hard drive out to stud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This just arrived, I hope its as easy as he says :)

jvs17-connectors.jpg

http://jvspac.kirurg.org/?page=home

Steve, you're going to have to put your Mame hard drive out to stud

You should see it when I go up a directory or two on my recent retro downloads folder (few months worth) :)
    size123.png

I like to have a lot of things to test out before buying the real deal (honestly) so have a lot of complete TOSEC collections. I'm no saint of course and have more than I should have when it comes to retro downloads.

Is that 5tb all on one drive?

• Advertisement

It's a 20TB RAID Array.

It's a 20TB RAID Array.

I was thinking that alright.

I was thinking that alright.

All the storage is not for dodgy stuff though as I use loads for video editing and stuff like that. 4k footage eats up an ungodly amount of storage space (40mins footage is about 128GB) and even the 1080p stuff gets pretty large when working on big projects.

Guys. I have an eBay account with my associated Irish address. While I can view stuff on eBay.co.uk very often I can't order as they won't ship to Ireland.

How can I setup my eBay account to use the ParcelMotel Northern Ireland and recognise this for shipping eBay.co.uk stuff to?

(without having to create a new eBay.co.uk account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Guys. I have an eBay account with my associated Irish address. While I can view stuff on eBay.co.uk very often I can't order as they won't ship to Ireland.

How can I setup my eBay account to use the ParcelMotel Northern Ireland and recognise this for shipping eBay.co.uk stuff to?

(without having to create a new eBay.co.uk account?

Go into Account - Addresses - View All Addresses and add a new one with the PM detail, set that as your Primary Address. Log out and back into eBay and see if it let's you bid. Actually not even sure you'd need to log out and in.

Thanks Andrew. Will take a look at that so.

I dont know why but this new product from ArcadeForge makes me feel funny in my pants happy area :o

SLG-in-a-Box
    img0067lq.jpg

http://wp1114205.wp150.webpack.hosteurope.de/xtcmodified/product_info.php?products_id=71&XTCsid=nvbvlroepdnuu22dbdmjivgev2

Is there any benefit to me owning one of these. I already have the SLG3000 but this thing just screams "BUY ME YOU FOOL, BUY ME NOW!!!".

You should buy it steve. You should totally buy it!

You should buy it steve. You should totally buy it!

I know, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I know, right?

Definitely !! (and then sell the old one to me :D )

Advertisement