Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Definitely !! (and then sell the old one to me :D )

Forbidden by Einsteins model I'm afraid. If Steve only had x1 of each item, our entire understanding of the universe would need to be rewritten

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Forbidden by Einsteins model I'm afraid. If Steve only had x1 of each item, our entire understanding of the universe would need to be rewritten

I only have the one girlfriend, now!

Steve SI wrote: »
    I only have the one girlfriend, now!

Yeah but thats why Einsteins model & Quantum Theory arn't unified...one more x1 object & everything as we know it will unravel :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But, don't you change the nature of Steves collection by the very action of observing it?

And, are the double items in his collection quantum entangled as well?

They could be the answer to causality breaking communications!

Just take one GC and send it out to the asteroid belt, leave the other here and BOOM, interplanetary 8 player Mario Kart DD!

Decided it was time to eventually wire up the second hacked 360 pad to my candy.
    Been putting it off for ages as I'm not a fan of wiring up the Ampup connectors and all that lark.

Then it's time to think about rotating that monitor :(
    Or I might put that off and try and fix my Taito F3 board and Puzzle Bobble 4 that I've also been putting off for months.

• Advertisement

Decided it was time to eventually wire up the second hacked 360 pad to my candy.
    Been putting it off for ages as I'm not a fan of wiring up the Ampup connectors and all that lark.

Or I might put that off and try and fix my Taito F3 board and Puzzle Bobble 4 that I've also been putting off for months.

Ugh, fixing things. Time is better spent gaming :) But such is the way with arcade & retro collecting, hands on skills are a near necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Whats the best place to buy the amp up connectors, as its a pain in the swiss hard wiring every time I want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Or you could just but another egret for dedicated rotated action!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

safetyboy wrote: »
    Whats the best place to buy the amp up connectors, as its a pain in the swiss hard wiring every time I want to change.

Contact Mo :

www.videotronicsuk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

safetyboy wrote: »

Giz10p or star cab are the sites to get em.
    Both are good but shipping is a bit of a bitch if your only getting pins and connectors.
    Think giz10p is better in that regard though its still prob worth your while getting a few other bits and bobs to justify it

• Advertisement

Well that was some re-wiring and grounding hell :(
    Anyway, both hacked 360 pads now all connected up with AMP UP's for easy switching from JAMMA To 360.

All ready for some 2 player action this weekend on Street Fighter IV, The King of Fighters XII and a bit of SoulCalibur IV.

Time for a bit of dinner now me thinks.

Giz10p or star cab are the sites to get em.
    Both are good but shipping is a bit of a bitch if your only getting pins and connectors.
    Think giz10p is better in that regard though its still prob worth your while getting a few other bits and bobs to justify it

Yeah, I got stuff from giz10p as well as starcab. Starcab have a set price for postage to Ireland and it aint cheap so get some other stuff as well or try giz10p as they're in the UK I think so a bit cheaper.

All ready for some 2 player action this weekend on Street Fighter IV...

Am jealous. Can't run it on my cab and not enough room inside it to upgrade to a better system with a proper graphics card.

Sometimes I miss owning a full size cab :-(

I do love me some mesh balls :)

dsc2867c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Now Steve!
    We are trying to raise tone here, trying to encourage those who pop by and see what we're all about.
    But, Lo!
    Despite all of that here we have you, not only mentioning your balls but talking of their texture and topping it off with a photo of them!

I wonder if Jamma+ need a moderator?

Yeah, I got stuff from giz10p as well as starcab. Starcab have a set price for postage to Ireland and it aint cheap so get some other stuff as well or try giz10p as they're in the UK I think so a bit cheaper.

Parcel motel fodder?

Starcab are in France I think so no saving there using parcel motel.
    Giz10p are in the UK so possible savings there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now Steve!
    We are trying to raise tone here, trying to encourage those who pop by and see what we're all about.
    But, Lo!
    Despite all of that here we have you, not only mentioning your balls but talking of their texture and topping it off with a photo of them!

Surprised nobody complimented him on the girth of his shafts! Don't look very long though, which in this case is good. :pac:

What sticks you got in there Steve?

It's like an episode of Benny hill in here with all the innuendo flying around.
    And I've not intention of stopping that trend.

I noticed that one of Steve's balls is pink while the other is blue.

Now Steve!
    But, Lo!

They know how to treat a moderator right over there :)
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Surprised nobody complimented him on the girth of his shafts! Don't look very long though, which in this case is good. :pac:

What sticks you got in there Steve?

Just using Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks, black shaft covers, textured black dust covers and of course the mesh ball tops.
    It's like an episode of Benny hill in here with all the innuendo flying around.
    And I've not intention of stopping that trend.

I noticed that one of Steve's balls is pink while the other is blue.

It's a condition I have.

• Advertisement

Ok, not been dirty or anything but one of my arcade sticks needs some lubrication.
    Can I just use some good quality 3-in-1 type oil as I don't have the proper stuff that's used on sticks?

Ok, not been dirty or anything but one of my arcade sticks needs some lubrication.
    Can I just use some good quality 3-in-1 type oil as I don't have the proper stuff that's used on sticks?

Not too sure, maybe try it on any spare you might have? (Not being funny re: you and spares, if it was me I'd test it out on a different stick first rather than whats in your cab).

I have the genuine article but it sounds way too dodgy if I offered to lube your stick! :pac:

huTEz.jpg

Cheers, I might just get that brand you have or is any "O-Ring" type grease ok?
    http://etokki.com/Silicone-Grease-5g-tube

I made a video last night for my brother who's getting a candy soon as he wanted to see how the Hyperspin setup looks and plays. At about the the 2min 45sec mark you can really hear the problem(think it might be the stick and a button that's squeaking). I could swap over the player 2 stick while I wait for some grease to arrive I suppose.

Bit flickery as my camera settings were wrong.

Is it the button rather than the stick? The squeaky sound doesn't seem to fit the movement of the ship, hard to tell 100% from a video. Maybe swap around some of the buttons and test?

Not sure about the grease, I just bought mine off akihabara because it mentioned Seimitsu uses it. Could be BS for all I know. A lot more bloody expensive than the one you linked. :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is it the button rather than the stick? The squeaky sound doesn't seem to fit the movement of the ship, hard to tell 100% from a video. Maybe swap around some of the buttons and test?

Not sure about the grease, I just bought mine off akihabara because it mentioned Seimitsu uses it. Could be BS for all I know. A lot more bloody expensive than the one you linked. :(

Might be mostly the button actually but the stick is definitely a bit squeaky as well.

Well its the last point thats daisy chained thats working

heres a few pics, could it be the board in the last pic isnt grounded? As you can all tell I know **** all about cabs really

Phone pics, sorry for crap quality

Did you ever get this sorted Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nope, I just decided its better to hide under some coats and hope it works out by itself.

Still am stumped by it though because everything should be alright but the looks of things.

Oddly enough I bought some silicone grease the other day, for lubing up the tracks on my wifes cars front window.

Now, lets see how long it takes them to do a bit of selective editing and text emboldening!

Oddly enough I bought some grease the other day, for lubing up the wife.

Now, lets see how long it takes them to do a bit of selective editing and text emboldening!

Cool, is it not a bit messy ;)

• Advertisement

Cool, is it not a bit messy ;)

:D

I'll go next
    Oddly enough I bought some silicone grease the other day, for lubing up Retr0

God man can all that not be kept in pm's :D

Advertisement