Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    11 more cabs??? Are you going to keep them all?

I doubt ill keep all of them, definitely not that fruit machine thing anyways. Ill prob keep 2-3 myself, the other lad wants maybe 2. ill try sell the rest as project cabs. I wont really know until i get a better look at them cleaned up and see whats on the inside. I'm 100% keeping the "Space Zap" cab, its the exact same cab as a PacMan cabaret and (along with the lad in work going halfs on it) the reason i went for these in the first place. Another one is an original "phoenix" cab from what i can see, its just missing a piece of mdf panel on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,962 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What is a taito mini? Can i has one?! That is one seirious haul man. Im blown away. Cant wait yo see pics!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    I doubt ill keep all of them, definitely not that fruit machine thing anyways. Ill prob keep 2-3 myself, the other lad wants maybe 2. ill try sell the rest as project cabs. I wont really know until i get a better look at them cleaned up and see whats on the inside. I'm 100% keeping the "Space Zap" cab, its the exact same cab as a PacMan cabaret and (along with the lad in work going halfs on it) the reason i went for these in the first place. Another one is an original "phoenix" cab from what i can see, its just missing a piece of mdf panel on the front.

Would it be possible to stick my name down for one of the project ones you might sell off?

o1s1n wrote: »
    What is a taito mini? Can i has one?! That is one seirious haul man. Im blown away. Cant wait yo see pics!!

These are Taito Minis, Think there is 4 or so of these.

Taito_26.11.10.jpg
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Would it be possible to stick my name down for one of the project ones you might sell off?

Yeh, let me clean up and work out what me and the other lad are hanging onto, any im getting rid of ill stick up in the private boards section we have here first (ill send you a pm when i do)

I wait until you see these first though.. they are really project machines, new Tmolding, Artwork etc needed.

Yeh, let me clean up and work out what me and the other lad are hanging onto, any im getting rid of ill stick up in the private boards section we have here first (ill send you a pm when i do)

I wait until you see these first though.. they are really project machines, new Tmolding, Artwork etc needed.

Thats perfect Keith, there's no rush whatsoever. Thanks man

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

These are Taito Minis, Think there is 4 or so of these.

Taito_26.11.10.jpg

Oh man, that'd be ideal as a little shmup cab! If you want to let any of them go give me a shout, I may be able to convince the missus if it's small :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Might be interested in one of those Taito Minis too. :cool:

Yeh ill stick them in that social group section in a few weeks before adverts. Just so you dont get your hopes up condition wise.. this is two of them..

photo8.JPG

as i said "project" cabs haha.. they will probably look a lot better with a good clean though.

Yeah sure nothing a bit of elbow grease & tlc won't fix up :) Very interesting little cabs, as o1s1n says they seem ideally suited to shmups

Yeh, Gemma has her work cut out at home haha.. ;)

That white sticker on the window on the one on the right has instructions for Green Beret on it. I cant wait to get these things open and see if there is anything decent inside them.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You mean you haven't had a chance to take a look inside them yet? :eek:

Who knows what treasures may lurk within!

Consider me interested in one of those Taito cabs anyway. Any idea how big the monitor is at a guess? 14 inches maybe?

Havent had a chance yet to do anything with them, We rented a van yesterday at lunch time, then left work in Dublin City Centre at 3:30 for Cork. Got back to my house in Athy about 10:30 unloaded the van, then headed back to work in Dublin so i could get my car. We had high wind, crazy rain and a snow storm at one stage we could barely see out the window! So i havent had a look yet at all. I couldnt even guess at the size of the monitor to be honest, it was hard to make out through the glass\dirt. I know one of the doesnt have a monitor in it anyways. and another the glass cover is smashed. I could probably just swap the glass of the one with the missing monitor anyways.

Im off work all next week so ill have a better idea then. I cant wait to break open that Fruit machine, it has a £100 jackpot and your man said it hasnt been opened in 20 years.

The lads over on J+ identified the board i pulled out of the cab i left behind, they said it looked like an Ikari Warriors

Master of the Universe

Anyone ever heard of 'Baby Pacman'?

One of the lads over on AO just got one. I've never heard of it before. It's a hybrid video/pinball game :eek:

I think you play pacman on the top screen and when you finish a level, he turns into a 'ball' which drops into the pinball machine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTePECbBzoIHdXhqO0JIIfo9aHrCirmugJf20yH9kvlPOzvPVFqOw

Here be a vid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very unique game. Id say that one is a bitch to service or repair!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

give us a heads up if you're selling anything, might be my chance to get started cab wise..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Anyone know the wiring for the PSU in an old Noraut poker machine, its been converted to jamma but the wiring is a mess so i'm trying to clean it up a bit. Got a new lazered control panel from urbanledg and a new jamma loom. I want to stick the MVS 1 slot in there with the 161.

@keithgeo you seem to be a master of the refurb :)

8456654350_8878715e09_b.jpg

safetyboy wrote: »

@keithgeo you seem to be a master of the refurb :)

haha i wish, i just fumble my way through it! I wouldnt have a clue where to begin with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

the PSU on the floor looks like it gives out the +5, -5, +12 and the main PSU is powering the monitor some way, its hard to tell what wire is going where, I've managed to get rid of a good bunch of wires that were going nowhere.

Looks like slowly trim all thats not being used and head in with the multimeter. :)

Edit : Nearly done, about 10% of that wiring was used. some cowboy wired that up..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So I mentioned in the main thread I'm now on the lookout for an Egret 2 cab.
    Now I love my Egrets but should I also be looking at another style/type of cab?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The lads over on J+ identified the board i pulled out of the cab i left behind, they said it looked like an Ikari Warriors

If your selling/swapping any of the pcbs hit me up. Broken or working, boots or not.

What's this social group btw?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, how to drill a 28mm hole in my steel CP.
    I was in Woodies and B&Q and nothing there, any ideas?
    Or, any enterprising so and so's who can do it for me, or at least lend me the bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

28mm hole saw, I might have one, ill check when I'm home later

Steve SI wrote: »
    So I mentioned in the main thread I'm now on the lookout for an Egret 2 cab.
    Now I love my Egrets but should I also be looking at another style/type of cab?

If it was me then I'd stick to the same style, especially if they are going to sit beside each other. I'm guessing you're mainly going for an E2 because of the rotate mech and that you're aware it doesn't do hi-res?

If the E2 is proving hard to get then I'd just go for another E3 and leave it rotated (if that's the purpose). You also have some experience with the E3 so no learning curve required, you can also plan ahead for new parts etc.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If it was me then I'd stick to the same style, especially if they are going to sit beside each other. I'm guessing you're mainly going for an E2 because of the rotate mech and that you're aware it doesn't do hi-res?

If the E2 is proving hard to get then I'd just go for another E3 and leave it rotated (if that's the purpose). You also have some experience with the E3 so no learning curve required, you can also plan ahead for new parts etc.

Yeah, it would be rotated most of the time. As for the monitor I'd be replacing it at some stage with a tri-sync like the one if the E3.
    I suppose if I cant get an E2 another E3 is a possibility or even an Atomiswave SD.

Aye an AWSD would be cool too. Just having 2 candies of any type would be class in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »

This!

Master of the Universe

Blast Cities seem to be handy enough to come by lately. They're very tall with that big marquee though.

Having similar cabs side by side can look great (especially AWSDs and Egrets), but if given the choice of multiple cabs (and especially as we're all limited with space in this country) I personally would go with variety and have different ones.

Astros look quite good with Egrets.

DSCF0715.jpg

I guess I'll make the decision when I see what cabs come up for sale over the next while.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, how to drill a 28mm hole in my steel CP.
    I was in Woodies and B&Q and nothing there, any ideas?
    Or, any enterprising so and so's who can do it for me, or at least lend me the bit?

Your best bet is mcquillan tools in Blanchardstown retail park or Capel street. The one in blanch definitely stock 27 & 28mm hole saws and the dremel (special drillbit) you need to use them with a drill.

28mm is a wierd size for a hole saw, they're tricky to get. Mcquillan's do stock them, ive seen them there personally, but call before you go. Atlantic, woodies, homebase and the like all stock the same ranges of most things, so it's unlikely you'll have any luck getting anything non standard sized there, and the hole saw sets they sell are all the same sizes, for plumbing work and cutting holes to fit standard pipe diameters.

You can also get various hole saws off of fleabay, but they all seem to dispatch from Hong Kong or USA.

Advertisement