Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve SI wrote: »

Yeah, it would be rotated most of the time. As for the monitor I'd be replacing it at some stage with a tri-sync like the one if the E3.
    I suppose if I cant get an E2 another E3 is a possibility or even an Atomiswave SD.

What needs to be replaced in that scenario?
    Monitor, chassis or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What needs to be replaced in that scenario?
    Monitor, chassis or both?

Some standard res monitors will support tri sync chassis also from what I've read. So you just need to pop a tri sync chassis in and you're good to go.

o1s1n wrote: »

Some standard res monitors will support tri sync chassis also from what I've read. So you just need to pop a tri sync chassis in and you're good to go.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Hell of a lot cheaper than replacing the monitor too!
    No risk of necking either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

28mm hole saw, I might have one, ill check when I'm home later

Found the arbours for the hole saws but the saws themselves are missing.
    I'll have an other look in the morning

I know N.E.W in Blanchardstown/Ballymount/Naas/etc stock 28mm hole saws as I use to work for them.

Anyone have a spate jamma extension that they'd be willing to part with?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I do. You about Dublin at all?

I do. You about Dublin at all?

In Ballsbridge and then Kildare Street area around 4.30 where I get the bus back to the sthicks!

Same situation as trying to meet as Raiden pcb that time!

Master of the Universe

In Ballsbridge and then Kildare Street area around 4.30 where I get the bus back to the sthicks!

Same situation as trying to meet as Raiden pcb that time!

Oh yeah! hahaha :D

Is that one of those 'once every blue moon' type busses where if you miss it, you'll be waiting another 6 hours for one?

If not then I can meet you around your stop some day if you're willing to hang about till 5pm?

Yeah, something like that with the buses alright.

Ill drop you a pm to sort something out. Keep the thread from clogging up with us trying to sort out our dinner date!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll meet you there and "mind" Raiden for O1s1n.... ;)

I'll head into McQuillans tomorrow sometime, have to head for Beaumont in the am for a fasting blood sugar, I'll cheer myself up with new hole saw bit!

Just got the plugs to cover the existing, soon to be redundant, holes.
    The just waiting for Kerbdog to hurry his ass back from his honeymoon to set up my Mame cab!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I'll head into McQuillans tomorrow sometime, have to head for Beaumont in the am for a fasting blood sugar, I'll cheer myself up with new hole saw not

BTW, I've no idea why I called the special bit for the hole saw a dremel. It's called a mandrel. That just occurred to me. Careful going into that shop. If you're a DIY enthusiast it's very easy to drop a fortune in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

N.E.W. in Blanchardstown/Ballymount/Naas/etc stock 28mm hole saws as I use to work for them.

Where dat?
    N.E.W.?
    Do they D.A.N.C.E. on their lunch hour?

Anyone ever investigated into or in fact have gotten their candy cab resprayed? A full strip down, sanding and respray.

Who would be the best type of person to approach and ask to do this. A garage bodyshop?

What kind of money could one expect to fork out? Hundreds I am assuming!

Anyone ever investigated into or in fact have gotten their candy cab resprayed? A full strip down, sanding and respray.

Who would be the best type of person to approach and ask to do this. A garage bodyshop?

What kind of money could one expect to fork out? Hundreds I am assuming!

I plan on doing it once I get mine working!
    I dont think it'd be too expensive.
    Im going to start with the cp once I get the monitor sorted.
    New buttons,sticks,overlay and a serious going over with retrobrite.

urbanledge wrote: »

I plan on doing it once I get mine working!
    I dont think it'd be too expensive.
    Im going to start with the cp once I get the monitor sorted.
    New buttons,sticks,overlay and a serious going over with retrobrite.

Hmmmm. Retrobrite won't solve any rusting or paint chipping though?

no but the cp holder on the blast is plastic so it'll be a good start.
    I noticed one of the speaker cages has a dent so thats on my list too.

If you are going to do work like respray or even cutting the cab down, talk to Kerbdog, he did a fantastic job on his Naomi, looks the business.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you are going to do work like respray or even cutting the cab down, talk to Kerbdog, he did a fantastic job on his Naomi, looks the business.

Will do!

Master of the Universe

Ronnie is currently working on a Taito Canary. I LIKE IT!

Canary2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

What kind of money though... the rust even makes it :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'm thinking maybe €800? He's only working on it now so it's not up for sale yet.

Although, it's a Taito cab..so might go for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

very hard to get parts for it very rare.

Master of the Universe

I've heard people say that about rare cabs, but if you think about it, what would you need to replace?

Monitor/chassis breaks down? - get a new 25 inch monitor.

The 1 player CP looks like it's the same size as Aero cities/SNK cabs from around that time, so would be an easy swap out.

Unless you literally knocked it over and smashed the whole thing up you're grand.

I'm in a similar boat myself with my cab...but all the parts that would break down are just generic. From the monitor to the PSU to the loom etc.

They have a rotate mech. /Drool

taito-canary-cabinet-b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

New Under Defeat Arcade

BDHB8yXCcAASOPx.jpg

Master of the Universe

Ah so here it is, the port of the port of the port.

I am conflicted over this one.

HD version of a shmup I love released in arcades again - win.

But the wide screen makes me sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So this is a port of an arcade game, that was ported to the PS3, & back to the arcade? If this comes out again on PS3...it'll be a port of a port of a port?

Master of the Universe

You could already consider it a port of a port of a port if you include Dreamcast to 360 as a port.

Arcade game >Ported to Dreamcast (port 1) >HD version ported to 360 and PS3 (port 2) > HD version ported to arcade. (port 3)

So if it went back to console after this new arcade version you'd have a port of a port of a port of a port.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You could already consider it a port of a port of a port if you include Dreamcast to 360 as a port.

Arcade game >Ported to Dreamcast (port 1) >HD version ported to 360 and PS3 (port 2) > HD version ported to arcade. (port 3)

So if it went back to console after this new arcade version you'd have a port of a port of a port of a port.

Retr0 and atavan wouldn't have a problem with that - any port in the storm and all that! :pac:

Can't say I'm a fan of widescreen versions of arcade shmups, although I'm not bothered about UD, not my cup of tea at all.

Master of the Universe

Under Defeat is a modern Shmup with the feel of an old shmup. The hit box is like the ones in older games, really big. Much bigger than the tiny needle point one you get in Cave shmups.

One tip for it which Retr0 pointed out to me and I can do a lot better at it now, set the controls to inverted. It controls a lot better :)

- Edit: just to add to that, it's **** hard but fun. I can usually only get by the second level if I'm having a particularly good day. It's currently set up on my IKEA cocktail with a couple of arcade sticks if anyone fancies a go later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Speaking of cocktail cabs, is it worth getting one?
    I'd like one of those IKEA jobs that just looks like a table until you power up the arcadey bits and only then can you see the screen.

Advertisement