Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

I'm going to get an snk cab someday,
    have the money atm but will wait a while.at least till i have the blast working and im happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    I'm going to get an snk cab someday,
    have the money atm but will wait a while.at least till i have the blast working and im happy with it

Did you get that blast chassis sorted afterwards.

No its still a work in progress,
    fingers crossed i'll have a new one by the weekend

Jeff defo sending a new one?

Jeff defo sending a new one?

yeah apparently,
    I shipped the other one back to him,
    thanks to the **** wits at citypost he only got it yesterday.
    6 days since I booked it in and paid for it.
    never again

just tried ringing him there,no answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh lordy, that SNK cab is beautiful. Amazing price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looks very nice. But every time I look at the CP overlay I keep thinking of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. :confused:

Master of the Universe

Well that's that cab ruined for me, thanks! :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looks very nice. But every time I look at the CP overlay I keep thinking of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. :confused:

It is funky alright.

Master of the Universe

Looking at that cab again, I'm pretty sure it's a Neo Candy 25 and not a 29. So it's the same size as mine and will fit through door ways without having to take the CP off.

Edit - actually I'm unsure now. Usually those Neo Candy cabs have 'Neo 25' or 'Neo 29' on the sides. Did Ronnie say it's a 29?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Looking at that cab again, I'm pretty sure it's a Neo Candy 25 and not a 29. So it's the same size as mine and will fit through door ways without having to take the CP off.

Edit - actually I'm unsure now. Usually those Neo Candy cabs have 'Neo 25' or 'Neo 29' on the sides. Did Ronnie say it's a 29?

He said and I quote

"I have a beautifull SNK Candy 29 just in..(check pics)
    Price is 795 ex shipping.
    If you are interested let me know quickly.."

Master of the Universe

He said and I quote

"I have a beautifull SNK Candy 29 just in..(check pics)
    Price is 795 ex shipping.
    If you are interested let me know quickly.."

Ah right! Monitor looked smaller to me for some reason. Probably just wishful thinking :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Guys im going to stick up one or two of the cabs on adverts tonight, at least one taito mini (prob the one that needs the most work) and maybe one or two others. Ill put a post on here before i stick them up for anyone thats interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Guys im going to stick up one or two of the cabs on adverts tonight, at least one taito mini (prob the one that needs the most work) and maybe one or two others. Ill put a post on here before i stick them up for anyone thats interested.

Just to say, those Taito Minis fit in the back of a hatchback car if the seats fold down...incase anyone is on a knifeedge about buying, they're handy to pick up & drive off with

I put two of those up on adverts now, not sure about the price of the phoenix especially, sure its missing the front panel but its in decent enough condition otherwise. open to offers on them anyways, see what happens.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/original-phoenix-arcade-machine/2684790

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/original-taito-mini-arcade-cabinet/2684761

Hay Keith,
    I PM'ed you about the Taito

Visited a couple of arcades in Courtown last week. Needless to say they were a bag of bull plop.

I'll be down that way a fair bit during the summer months. Anything good at all in any of them that'd be worth a visit? Nice pinballs, 90's fighters, etc?

MackDaddi wrote: »

I'll be down that way a fair bit during the summer months. Anything good at all in any of them that'd be worth a visit? Nice pinballs, 90's fighters, etc?

Nope. Basically between the two arcades and the cabs that were turned on you have a choice of:

Dance Dance
    Sega 18 wheeler with dire screen burn
    Some fast and the furious games
    Time Crisis 4

Nope. Basically between the two arcades and the cabs that were turned on you have a choice of:

Dance Dance
    Sega 18 wheeler with dire screen burn
    Some fast and the furious games
    Time Crisis 4

Ah for fcuck's sake. What's happened to arcades here would bring a tear to your eye. I miss having a place to meet and play cabs and roar abuse at people for their lack of skill, even though i'm equally as bad.

Somebody please...open a retro video game themed bar and take all my money....please :(

Master of the Universe

It's a shame there isn't really a community big enough in this country to support such a venture.

Imagine living in New York or London and owning something like Barcade. Would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

yeah apparently,
    I shipped the other one back to him,
    thanks to the **** wits at citypost he only got it yesterday.
    6 days since I booked it in and paid for it.
    never again

just tried ringing him there,no answer

Yup, you use Citypost once and never again. They just farm your shipments off to the lowest bidder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a shame there isn't really a community big enough in this country to support such a venture.

Imagine living in New York or London and owning something like Barcade. Would be amazing.

I have a feeling it'd attract so many single men that the assumption might be made that a serious lifestyle choice had been made by all the inhabitants, especially if someone puts a copy of Cho Aniki on the big screen....

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a feeling it'd attract so many single men that the assumption might be made that a serious lifestyle choice had been made by all the inhabitants, especially if someone puts a copy of Cho Aniki on the big screen....

So no different than beers here then? :pac:

Yeah, it'd be amazing, but it would never really be financially viable, unless they were charging a couple of euros or more per play, or subsidizing their arcade costs by increasing booze prices, and at that rate they'd risk alienating all but the really hardcore fans.

What if KeithGeo just ran a kind of bootleg speakeasy barcade in his house? He looks like he's got more classic arcade machines than i remember seeing in any one place in Ireland in the last 15 years.

What'dya reckon Keith, put your coin mechs on €1 a play, charge in at the door and sell cans of tesco larger in plastic glasses for €2 a pop?

I'd go for that. Bagsy next on champion edition :D

getting rid of one of the electrocoin xenon cabs i have to make some room. needs a chassis repair.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-electrocoin-xenon/2690722?notification=ccea40466b3f86db6cb8dc5e99e8bd33-1361442421

getting rid of one of the electrocoin xenon cabs i have to make some room. needs a chassis repair.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-electrocoin-xenon/2690722?notification=ccea40466b3f86db6cb8dc5e99e8bd33-1361442421

Ireland #1 arcade dealer!
    I see you sold the Taito .nice one:D
    Im saving my space for something special

Ireland #1 arcade dealer!
    I see you sold the Taito .nice one:D
    Im saving my space for something special

Im trying to make space for something myself ;)

I have two of these, im half way through fixing up the other as a dedicated tetris, have all the artwork t-molding etc, just need the time.

Nice,
    I think I'll get away with getting one more so I better make it count.
    I'm thinking vertical Jamma candy

I have to be honest I never really liked candys, controversial on here i know. I never played them growing up so they dont appeal to me, i prefer the wood cabs, ones i played. Plus they are so expensive, I would never spend that much on a cab.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I have to be honest I never really liked candys, controversial on here i know. I never played them growing up so they dont appeal to me, i prefer the wood cabs, ones i played. Plus they are so expensive, I would never spend that much on a cab.

Never played a Japanese cab myself growing up, aside from Naomis.

Moment I saw one I had to have one though. I do like wood cabs (for the same reasons as yourself), but candys are just so neat and well made. My one is 100% steel construction. Which will always be more expensive than MDF.

Aside from small form and build, they have one great advantage - being able to sit down and play! I really dont fancy standing/sitting on a high stool while playing games anymore.

Advertisement