Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Does anyone know where I could purchase one of these Electrocoin cabs found in this post?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81806362&postcount=657

Seems Electrocoin themselves don't sell them anymore.

Prob just have to wait till one come up on adverts or done deal.
    Ive never seen one for sale tho,
    you could get one in the UK and ship it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If one does come up for sale, you'll have to battle Enternow for it :D

It's called an 'Electrocoin Duet'

looks like a massive unit!

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    looks like a massive unit!

That's what she said!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's what she said!

dont you mean he? :D:D

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    dont you mean he? :D:D

I don't know what way you swing, but I certainly did not mean he :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't wait, by Monday I should have my cab rocking out with Hyperspin!
    Should be cool, on an old school 15khz monitor too, so fingers crossed it'll all work well together.
    I don't enjoy fighting games so, for the moment, I'm going to use only a 4 button per player setup, Neogeo stylie, remove and store the extra ones, plug the remaining holes, nice and neat and saves drilling.
    I still might convert the CP to a proper 6 button config someday but not right now.

Once I have it all running I might look to getting some new art or perhaps paint it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    so fingers crossed it'll all work well together.

It will, my HS setup runs through a 15Khz...& a thing of beauty it is on a low res screen too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah feck..... I've gone and soiled myself with excitement.....

Come on Kerbdog, lets get this cab together this evening!!!!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Da fuq, I put my Punisher boot in the cab a minute ago and it worked fine!? :confused:

There's an issue with the sound but I knew that when I bought it. The screen holds the image perfectly now though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Da fuq, I put my Punisher boot in the cab a minute ago and it worked fine!? :confused:

There's an issue with the sound but I knew that when I bought it. The screen holds the image perfectly now though.

What was it doing before?

Master of the Universe

The picture was blinking on and off and moving. The whole monitor itself blinking rather than the board picture being bad if you get me. It was like there was a bad cap on the monitor.

Thought it might be a cap gone in the arcade board so I put it to the side for ages not wanting to damage my monitor.

Working absolutely perfectly now though. Has me baffled. Unless it's maybe a bit temperamental in how it's connected to the harness and has to be perfectly aligned.

The picture was blinking on and off and moving. The whole monitor itself blinking rather than the board picture being bad if you get me. It was like there was a bad cap on the monitor.

Thought it might be a cap gone in the arcade board so I put it to the side for ages not wanting to damage my monitor.

Working absolutely perfectly now though. Has me baffled. Unless it's maybe a bit temperamental in how it's connected to the harness and has to be perfectly aligned.

Or maybe the board was feeding the monitor a really specific signal, & now with the caps done on the chassis it can better cope with it? I dunno, sounds weird alright

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Or maybe the board was feeding the monitor a really specific signal, & now with the caps done on the chassis it can better cope with it? I dunno, sounds weird alright

Oh yeah!!!

This is the first time I've tried it since the cap kit. Maybe you're right! Should have tested that JAMMA Megadrive again before I sold it on Monday :D

Sounds like a weird issue you had there.

I had a strange problem with Raiden on the cab last week. What with the recent monitor rotate, I've only been able to play it regularly on the cab since then - but every time I turned it on the picture would be scrolling horizontally (can't remember if it was left to right or vice versa). It was always perfect upstairs on the tv's using the supergun.

So I would spend 5 mins tweaking the hold and size pots on the cab to get it to stick. Usually be fine for a good while but could randomly start scrolling again. Bugger all use that. I remember it was this way when I tested the board when the monitor was still yoko.

ondafly mentioned the similar problem Cave boards have with the AWSD/E3 cabs - there is a wire located at the bottom of the cab, under where the front door opens - you need to disconnect it for Cave games. So I disconnected it and straight away Raiden stopped scrolling. Fookin awesome!!

Master of the Universe

That's weird! Is it some kind of grounding wire?

Raiden must look absolutely stunning on that monitor.

That's weird! Is it some kind of grounding wire?

Can't remember, the answer is somewhere over on AO but I'm too lazy to search for it now. That chap Kernow mentioned it in some post, some time ago. :D
    Raiden must look absolutely stunning on that monitor.

If I was Ciderman I would post that "jizz in my pants" video! :pac:

But yes, it's awesome. Brings a smile to my face everytime. Playing it most evenings now and starting to get good at it again. Have lvl 1 boss procedure off by heart again and lvl 2 fairly easy too. Lvl 3 harder to survive to the boss without losing a life, he's a toughie himself too. But it's brilliant weaving through the bullets, at least for a little while. :cool:

When its game over I find myself getting a chance to look at the gorgeous artwork in it, scan line filth too. /drool

My aim over the next few weeks to get to lvl 4 without losing a life and try do that regularly.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I would post that "jizz in my pants" video! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Has anyone seen the game related ash trays, mugs and coasters that Red5 is customising and selling? They look the business!

18A97DD3-793B-4EE9-B11F-D00F356323F0-588-0000003441769BDB_zps9c6f6227.jpg

B88F5429-F84D-432E-B4EE-0D5B0723E6E8-588-000000344C76AD8E_zpsc53d9f48.jpg

070FB8AB-C820-4931-BABF-41C6E4C1DCF8-588-000000343B9ABD15_zpsaa5234e9.jpg

• Advertisement

Trying to set up Mame on this cab and it's great fun...... not!

The display in some games, like Battle Garegga, is missing at the top and bottom, any ideas what ini settings I should be looking at the get every thing just right, or is it going to be trial and error?

The display in some games, like Battle Garegga, is missing at the top and bottom, any ideas what ini settings I should be looking at the get every thing just right, or is it going to be trial and error?

Never noticedced that particular issue myself man. The monitor in horizontal placement? Ill check that game myself for you

Master of the Universe

I want one of those red SNK ashtrays, they look the business. I think he's all out though.

71B9C2DF-0DCF-42CA-B626-B5BB5ED6C33E-4794-0000052A2C97D4D0.jpg

Master of the Universe

Ooooh he has three left, going to do one up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Are you using bog standard Mame or is switchres enabled/groovymame ?

Switchres and groovymame will change the screen resolution to best match between what the monitor is capable of and the games original resolution. So you'll find the certain resolutions can be clipped or offset a little.

Make a note of the resolutions that are causing problems - the resolution the game is being displayed at not the original . 'Video information' in Mame will sohw you this. You probably find a heap of the troublesome games are all being rendered in the same output resolution.

Once you got your list of resolutions to fix the fun begins.. Not sure what video card or drivers your using to get the 15K, but the timing needs to be changed to fix the resolutions. With ATI calamity driver there is an ArcadeOSD utility that will let you adjust the timings to fix the screen size.
    Or you could manually edit the registry :)

Easier alternative is to create a ini file for the game and specify a different (know to be good) resolution for it to be displayed at.

I have found a nice app that'll allow you to pick between available resolutions and frequencies, then apply those settings to all games with the same requirements. Hopefully this will do the trick.

I have found a nice app that'll allow you to pick between available resolutions and frequencies, then apply those settings to all games with the same requirements. Hopefully this will do the trick.

What's the name of that app cidey?

MAME Resolution Tool, the guy behind the Mamewah frontend made it.
    I haven't tried it yet so I'll let you know how I get on.

MAME Resolution Tool, the guy behind the Mamewah frontend made it.
    I haven't tried it yet so I'll let you know how I get on.

Sounds very interesting. Keep us posted.

• Advertisement

No idea how or why, but on my cab using Soft15, HS & standard MameUI x64...things just work. I never had to go arsing around with custom resolutions for each game...they all seem to be displayed perfectly on the screen :confused:

Advertisement