Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Really depends on the price. If it's reasonable I will. If it's a bit mental I may have to pass...and cry myself to sleep at night!

Aren't those light boxes hard to come by too? As in they are normally missing. That's absolutely gorgeous man. If I had the money I'd snipe it from under yer nose! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Really depends on the price. If it's reasonable I will. If it's a bit mental I may have to pass...and cry myself to sleep at night!

What's a decent price for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aren't those light boxes hard to come by too? As in they are normally missing. That's absolutely gorgeous man. If I had the money I'd snipe it from under yer nose! :P :pac:

They seem to be hit and miss with the light boxes alright. I know FrancoB didn't have one on his for a while.

It has been resprayed (which I'm normally not a fan of but this looks amazing) - only thing I can see that's missing is the foot rest cover.
    Steve SI wrote: »
    What's a decent price for one?

Honestly, I don't have a clue as they don't come up for sale very often! :(

Any posts I've found with them for sale are old.

The one thing which has my hopes high is the price in which he has been selling E2s. A Pony III can't be more expensive than something with a rotate mech...or can it? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Do it. Its officially A&R madness week...look what I'm after buying! That cab looks gorgeous, don't hesistate & live with the regret...strike while common sense has yet to sink in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Wouldn't be my cup of tea bit a very clean and tidy looking cab. Presume its a Ronnie special?

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It has been resprayed (which I'm normally not a fan of but this looks amazing) - only thing I can see that's missing is the foot rest cover.

Hmmm, I didn't noticed the re-spray. Is that the original colour? Aren't they silver/grey normally?

Master of the Universe

The Pony II is the silver one (Ugly looking yolk I think!). Pony III is the factory white beauty :D

He came back with a price and it's in the realms of the Capcom Cute :( Might have to give it a miss. Will need to have a think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Do it!

What good is money if you dont spend it on things you want!

Edit*
    If its in the realms of a cute then maybe not. it could be just me but paying in excess of four figures for a cab alone is a bit much I think

Master of the Universe

Yeah I had to decline. There's no way I could enjoy it knowing it cost that much.

Man, that's made me sick, I've been waiting for that to become available for fecking ages.

Ah well. Time to find another vertical solution!

makes me sick seeing some of the deals people get over on AO aswell. One guy got a blast city for $200 :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You know you're getting screwed when the price of shipping here is the same price some people get cabs outright!!

Yeah but were in Ireland....we're meant to get robbed with everything.

Also I believe a decate of the rosary everytime we say **** or eat a biscuit

Yeah I had to decline. There's no way I could enjoy it knowing it cost that much.

Man, that's made me sick, I've been waiting for that to become available for fecking ages.

Ah well. Time to find another vertical solution!

There's nothing else for it, your gonna have to buy something to restore the balance.

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    There's nothing else for it, your gonna have to buy something to restore the balance.

Already looking :pac:

Master of the Universe

Oh wait, I think I now have a deal! :eek:

Oh wait, I think I now have a deal! :eek:

Make it fugging happen man :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mother of Glob, you guys have some serious spending power to be able to drop the cost of such things on a whim.
    No judgement, I mean well done, but it really takes my breath away!
    Even that coin op you picked up EnterNow, the room that thing is going to take up, boggles the mind!
    Still, it's the sort of bargain you might get an even nicer trade for, if it turns out not to be all it's cracked up to be.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mother of Glob, you guys have some serious spending power to be able to drop the cost of such things on a whim.
    No judgement, I mean well done, but it really takes my breath away!
    Even that coin op you picked up EnterNow, the room that thing is going to take up, boggles the mind!
    Still, it's the sort of bargain you might get an even nicer trade for, if it turns out not to be all it's cracked up to be.

Well I'm fortunate in that I have an outdoor building to put all my cabs in I suppose. It's not going to take up any room that wasn't already there being unused...so not to buy this would have been a sin. Spending €200 on something you've always wanted is a no brainer to me though, as Jack Burton said on another thread...what good is money if you can't enjoy it?

Trade it on if it turns out its not what its cracked up to be? Hmm let me see...a 50" screen, twin recoiling machine guns, stonking sounds out of it & the screen will work with other Model 2 light gun games....emmm, no :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, I am not criticising anyone.
    I am well impressed, and I remember the cab you have incoming in the arcades and it's, well, massive!
    If I had the room I might have considered it myself.
    No, I think it's fantastic and, once again, well done.
    If you could get Virtua Cop 2 on it though, that would be the dogs b0ll0cks!

Master of the Universe

You'd be surprised what you can get away with on a fairly average income and no children :)

Missus is getting broody, so not much time left!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, I am not criticising anyone.
    I am well impressed, and I remember the cab you have incoming in the arcades and it's, well, massive!
    If I had the room I might have considered it myself.
    No, I think it's fantastic and, once again, well done.
    If you could get Virtua Cop 2 on it though, that would be the dogs b0ll0cks!

Maybe I'll just get a seperate VC2 to keep this one company :D

You'd be surprised what you can get away with on a fairly average income and no children :)

You're telling me!
    There was a time every console was a launch console here, when I spent £2,500 on a pc in 96, but now?
    Croke park and Croke park II are no respecters of a man's retro and arcade gaming needs!

But, no fear, I have my cab and just a couple of consoles and games to keep me going until they all see sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Trust me, fcuking buy it now so. Your time for purchases like this is fast running out!!

So, when did O1s1n get permission to reproduce?
    Anyone else afraid?
    No minigame collections in any possible children's futures in that household, unless it features Wario!
    Still though, kids do have an effect on ones gaming,
    I still have my launch 360's controller, with the thumbsticks rubber coatings partially consumed by my then 3 year old son!

Master of the Universe

No room for kids now, just sent a payment for that cab :eek:

Master of the Universe

Photo time! :D

Monitor will be rotated vertically before being sent out.

Cannot believe this!

Only down side is I can't have it posted out till the week of the 22nd as I'll be out of the country..so there's a bit of a wait. Still, gives me time to prep some vertical boards! :):)

DSC_0008-2_zps49c81c82.jpg

DSC_0004-3_zps34c0f727.jpg

DSC_0002-3_zps658ef07b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

awesome! I presume you got some geometry photos?

Screen can be tated?

Care to share total price?

Well done man, & welcome to the multiple cab owners club {again} :D I think its a beauty, very neat looking. Is it bigger then your existing cab, smaller, or roughly the same size?

Master of the Universe

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In my insane excitement I completely forgot to ask for geometry pictures :eek::eek:

He said the monitor is perfect with no screen burn.

To be honest, it's such a rare cab (and literally meant to be the number 1 cab for shmups) and I've wanted one for so long that I'd have taken it with geometry issues anyway.

It's a manual rotate, but i'll be keeping it permanently vertical. Like the one on the right here ;)

4910704769_140f1de6f1_b.jpg

• Advertisement

If its a grail cab for you, I wouldn't worry too much over the monitor...they're the things that can be replaced. Are they tri-sync or 15Khz? Really nice looking thing, well done man

Advertisement