Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well done man, & welcome to the multiple cab owners club {again} :D I think its a beauty, very neat looking. Is it bigger then your existing cab, smaller, or roughly the same size?

Exact same size monitor as my current cab (I think it even has the same tube and chassis) which should look amazing vertical.

The cab itself is smaller than my existing one. Probably not as small as I have in my mind, but from what I've read the cab is literally built really tight around the monitor. So it's as small as a 25 inch monitor will allow a cab to be :)
    If its a grail cab for you, I wouldn't worry too much over the monitor...they're the things that can be replaced. Are they tri-sync or 15Khz? Really nice looking thing, well done man

15k all the way :)

These cabs are from 1990 I think. Full metal classic era candy, no sign of higher res stuff for many years to come.

Absolutely ****ing lovely!

Well done
    Keep the candy madness alive!

whos turn is it next???? :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Well done, Thats the **** I like. If I wasnt such a hoarder I'd i've pawnd off loads of my **** for another cab like that. Really gotta think about stupid things I'm just hoarding for god knows why. That is one pretty cab! props!

Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    Really gotta think about stupid things I'm just hoarding for god knows why.

That's what I'm slowly working through myself :) Loads of gear I don't use. Have sold quite a few items over the last few months. It's basically money locked up that could be spent on other cool stuff! (Like cabs!)

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's what I'm slowly working through myself :) Loads of gear I don't use. Have sold quite a few items over the last few months. It's basically money locked up that could be spent on other cool stuff! (Like cabs!)

Duly noted, get rid of small stuff and get big stuff the missus cant get out of the house :) unhoarding here i come :)

• Advertisement

A friends looking for a jamma cob?
    any body got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

So oisin. What is the exact cab you bought. A jaleco pony....?

Has it had a respray?

Master of the Universe

It's a Jaleco Pony mark III 25.

The AO Wiki says it has a 25 in 15/24 kHz (Nanao MS8) monitor. I always thought it was just a 15khz. Interesting!

Only after noticing now that it has six buttons on each side. Hmmm. So my horizontal cab only has a four button setup (so I can't play any Capcom beat em ups) but my vertical cab will have 6 buttons. :pac:

It did have a respray yeah. I think it's a white powercoat. Should look like it rolled out of the factory. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

That cab is gorgeous. Is it actually made by Jaleco?

Master of the Universe

I hope so, it has a big Jaleco logo on it! :D

Other than the Pony line I'm not sure what machines they put together.

I have a Jaleco System 32 mobo and The Game Paradise. Should be novel having a 100% Jaleco setup when that's in :)

4339511402_e2217ba9b8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

urbanledge wrote: »
    A friends looking for a jamma cob?
    any body got one?

how many do you want ?

VC 2 board set for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well done good sir!

I assume you got quite a steal on it then!

I'm already looking at my bookcase and seeing what I can sell off the fund another cab purchase!

I'm already looking at my bookcase and seeing what I can sell off the fund another cab purchase!

me too :)

Good stuff lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Arcade cabs...the heroin of retro nerds.

Master of the Universe

Well done good sir!

I assume you got quite a steal on it then!

Managed to get a 12% reduction in the overall price. Which took a fair whack out of it. Enough for me to cave :). Basically gave me free postage.
    Arcade cabs...the heroin of retro nerds.

I'm beginning to think a heroin addiction would be cheaper :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think a heroin addiction would be cheaper :eek:

It would be much cheaper, much more available, easier to transport & takes up less space...but it will ruin your life :pac: Cabs, are dearer, more scarce, are difficult to transport & take up loads of space...but you'll die happy owning them :D

Any one the standard hole size for a candy cab lock?
    need to get one for the E2 coin mech door

I came home the other day and it was open.I was sure I closed it.
    Found a big lump of white hair on the ground below it.
    I reckon the cat was at it if not in it when I was at work!
    What a ****er

Oisin, Did you have to press Ronnie much for the discount?

If not it just goes to show the sort of mark up he has on the cabs.

Master of the Universe

What a ****er

Your cat managed to break open a coin mech door? :eek:

Literally a cat burglar! Keep him the hell way from my house :D

• Advertisement

Ha he,
    the lock is missing so it swings open fairly easily
    I did a lazy job for a creadit button.
    I just rammed a standard arcade button into the coin return hole/flap thing and she was clawing at it.
    But how could I hate this face????
    2013-02-04%252017.53.03.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What a ****er

It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure these are the locks I got for the AWSD which would match the E3, maybe E2 aswell? You'd need to double check.

http://www.arcadeshop.de/Security-7-pin-Tumbler-Lock-21-mm_514.html
    http://www.arcadeshop.de/images/specs/arcade-lock7pin-21-data.gif

Not sure if that site is still selling or what though.
    But how could I hate this face????

Very easily if you hate cats and if they're messing about with a candy cab! :P

Interested in those locks for my atomiswave as well Andrew. Thanks for the link.

Presume they are right for the control panel and pcb door.

Interested in those locks for my atomiswave as well Andrew. Thanks for the link.

Presume they are right for the control panel and pcb door.

Yep, I ordered 5 of them at the time. PCB door, cp x 2, coin mech door and coin box. Although if I was doing it again I'd probably get these ones that are keyed the same. I wouldn't have had to individually label my keys to know which one goes where. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I think if your cab is for home use keyed alike is ideal.

I'm in work right now so can't check but is one of the locks on the atomiswave is different from the rest. The coin drawer maybe??

Yeah. I think if your cab is for home use keyed alike is ideal.

I'm in work right now so can't check but is one of the locks on the atomiswave is different from the rest. The coin drawer maybe??

All the same on mine. You just have to position them slightly differently depending on what position the locking bar needs to be when locked and open. E.g. the pcb door when locked the bar points to 12pm, open is 3pm. Coin mech is 9pm locked and 12pm open etc.

With "locking bar" I mean the yoke bottom right of this pic:

arcade-key21mm.jpg

Don't think I needed to use the middle chap, just all the other parts. Lol hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks Andrew. For some reason I think one of the locking bars in my cab has a bit of a bend in it. Not totally flat. Either way flat works for you so will surely work for me!

Thanks Andrew. For some reason I think one of the locking bars in my cab has a bit of a bend in it. Not totally flat. Either way flat works for you so will surely work for me!

Yes the pcb door original lock bar has a bend in it, still have it knocking about here somewhere. But I replaced it with one of the above, they still fit fine, don't need the longer shaft ones either. They keep the door closed tighter too.

Master of the Universe

Actually, would anyone know - I have two locks on the underside of my CP. They lock the CP hinge down closed.

Neither of them will turn though. :confused: It's really strange as the key works in everything else. So it can't be a jammed lock as it would be a bit odd if both of them were..?

• Advertisement

Did you ever have the CP open?
    I've both mine unlocked all the time.

Advertisement