Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Tell me about it, I don't know how you made that Raiden video you posted a little while ago!

I usually swear a blue streak when I play. Perhaps subduing that for the video is what threw me off :D

Lol what you never see is the 10+ recordings showing silly early deaths or half decent runs with stupid cock ups all the while trying to get a good recording in before the fecking camera battery dies. Also have to mute the phone/tablet/tv, make sure i'm not blocking any of the pic etc. The hassle. :pac:

I got that mame from http://www.retrovia.ie/ last night.
    Its a beautiful thing,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol what you never see is the 10+ recordings showing silly early deaths or half decent runs with stupid cock ups all the while trying to get a good recording in before the fecking camera battery dies. Also have to mute the phone/tablet/tv, make sure i'm not blocking any of the pic etc. The hassle. :pac:

Haha oh right! I wouldn't have thought, looks like one shoot off the cuff.

I kept sniffling in my video. Didn't even know I had a runny nose :pac:

I plan on dedicating a mountain of time to Raiden and Raiden 2 once the pony arrives. Wil definitely be looking back over your vid for tips.
    urbanledge wrote: »
    I got that mame from http://www.retrovia.ie/ last night.
    Its a beautiful thing,
    Thanks

Excellent, did you give those scanline config settings I posted on the previous page a go?

Yeah I got them,
    Tried them on another version of mame on my main pc and it didnt work.
    Will try again with this version

I plan on dedicating a mountain of time to Raiden and Raiden 2 once the pony arrives. Wil definitely be looking back over your vid for tips.

Cool stuff. I need to get back to it myself actually.

• Advertisement

Quick lads, yes or no, yes on no?! :eek:

DSC_0004-3_zps34c0f727.jpg

So whats the deal?
    Getting this soon or what!

Master of the Universe

So whats the deal?
    Getting this soon or what!

I'm unavailable to take delivery of it until the end of the month, so it's currently still sitting in the Netherlands.

The wait is killing me :(

As soon as it lands I'll be doing a filthy photoshoot, don't worry! May even hire a page 3 model.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As soon as it lands I'll be doing a filthy photoshoot, don't worry! May even hire a page 3 model.

No you won't, it'll just be Retr0 and Atavan dressed as Peach and Daisy, draped across the Cp!

I'm unavailable to take delivery of it until the end of the month, so it's currently still sitting in the Netherlands.

The wait is killing me :(

No way,
    I could take it into my gaff for a while..........

Master of the Universe

Doesn't have a 29 inch monitor, you'd have no interest :pac:

• Advertisement

Doesn't have a 29 inch monitor, you'd have no interest :pac:

I wont get out of bed for anything less than 29"

Master of the Universe

I wont get out of bed for anything less than 29"

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Is there any arcades still alive it Belfast.
    I'm heading up there today.
    STICK US ON A HARP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are arcades split across sectarian divides up there?
    If so, what cabs could one expect in a green or orange arcade?
    My guess there'd be a preoccupation with the likes of Time Crisis and Point Blank!
    Our is this in bad taste.... I shall wait to be banned, or at least warned, by a cat mod....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are arcades split across sectarian divides up there?
    If so, what cabs could one expect in a green or orange arcade?
    My guess there'd be a preoccupation with the likes of Time Crisis and Point Blank!
    Our is this in bad taste.... I shall wait to be banned, or at least warned, by a cat mod....

Na, bad taste would be mentioning Bomberman.

Na, bad taste would be mentioning Bomberman.

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

The AO regulars here may have spotted Monouchi's recently posted pic of his setup.

Awesome. That is all.

Wall8.jpg

Aye it's very slick. I'm guessing all of those posters would add up to the price of a cab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lol...I seen that on AO there recently. I was about to post my own cabs...spotted those pics, decided against posting my own & then backed out of the forum quietly :o

It's a tad clinical, no?
    Kinda, arcade gaming via Ikea and Kraftwerk.....

• Advertisement

Work with what you have I guess. To me it looks bright, clean and spacious. The white candies compliment the space perfectly imo.

Master of the Universe

Something magical happened last night. But it's something which would only be appreciated by the likes of you guys..nobody could understand why I was so excited :D

So one of the best things about going to Bray Bowl BYOB nights is that they have a deluxe sit down HOTD2 cab. It's one of my favourite games and to be honest, I'd pay the admittance for the night just to play it.

So my girlfriend and one of our friends credit fed the game from start to finish (something great to see on it's own!).

2013-04-202350451_zps2cc7053d.jpg

While they were doing that, I thought I'd inspect the cab a bit, freak that I am. It's in really good condition. Joked with the girlfriend about buying it from them, she agreed.

While I was looking at the player 2 side, I noticed that the bowling alley had stuck a big red sticker over something. I looked closely to try and read what it said underneath. Was it maybe some promotional thing from the past?

Then I realized - it said 'AGENT 2'

'Why would the bowling Alley stick a red sticker over this sign?'

- no they didn't - this is a factory sticker!!! :eek:

The cab has been sitting on site since 1999, I've played it millions of times, and never noticed that when they bought it, they forgot to remove one of the factory stickers.

So guys, I give you, 14 years later, 'Agent 2'!! factory Fresh!!!

2013-04-20235640_zps325b1aec.jpg

(Yes I did keep the sticker :D)

On a separate note, seeing Bray young ones trying to play Silent Scope in their heels and going out gear is hilarious :pac:

2013-04-20225558_zpsc688540f.jpg

Went to Belfast yesterday and got the OK baby!
    Tis some machine for the money.

I was talking to my cousin last night,he started a new job during the week.
    He was saying a fella he's working with has a couple of cabs.Just got a twin Sega rally sit down too.
    He also said a friend of his here in Ireland has a small collection of cabs. 300 he claimed!!!!

I'll try get more info!

Oisin re HOTD2
    So are you saying that bray bowl didn't fully remove all the packaging/protective tape when the cab first arrived all those years ago?
    Its just sat there like that until now?

Master of the Universe

Oisin re HOTD2
    So are you saying that bray bowl didn't fully remove all the packaging/protective tape when the cab first arrived all those years ago?
    Its just sat there like that until now?

Yep, the protective tape over the 'Agent 2' title artwork in the pic hasn't been removed in 14 years of being on the floor...until I noticed it last night that is :)

It was literally just a big piece of red covering tape stuff over the 'Agent 2' part to protect it in transit. The rest of the artwork on the side panel was viewable.

I think it went unnoticed as the tape itself isn't just a rectangle, it's curved. Kind of looks like part of the artwork.

Was a pretty big piece of tape though. Thick too. I'd say I'd have been chucked out if they'd seen me removing it :pac:

2013-04-21205720_zps7476dfcf.jpg

Master of the Universe

Went to Belfast yesterday and got the OK baby!
    Tis some machine for the money.

I was talking to my cousin last night,he started a new job during the week.
    He was saying a fella he's working with has a couple of cabs.Just got a twin Sega rally sit down too.
    He also said a friend of his here in Ireland has a small collection of cabs. 300 he claimed!!!!

I'll try get more info!

Cant wait to see the pics!

And regarding the 300 cabs...wtf?!

Cant wait to see the pics!

And regarding the 300 cabs...wtf?!

Seconded!

So he told my cousin,
    I find it hard to believe but you never know!
    Surly someone here would know them or heard something

Master of the Universe

This guy has the greatest collection of PCBs I've ever seen.

It's literally MAME in PCB form.

• Advertisement

Anyone here order some marquees from spectre AO in his last run?

They've been printed and going through QA now.
    Can't wait. I ordered nine of them!

Advertisement