Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Should arrive before the long wkend? Be awesome. New thread with plenty of pics and lets see those vert shmups man! :cool:

Speaking of cabs and shmups, I went to put the jtag back in the cab at the wkend for some extra vert goodness. Had it all set up bar the sound and I was reminded of the dim picture I get with the 360, nowhere near as bright as PCBs. Cba so took it back out, leaving the cab stock, much less hassle.

Fingers bloody crossed. If it doesn't that'll be my long weekend ruined! :(

Regarding your 360, is there a way you can get some kind of signal amplifier?
    urbanledge wrote: »
    I'd say so!
    I need some advice.
    Im tring to get the coulors on the blast city to "pop" a bit more.but I cant:(

In basic enough terms, you currently haven't got enough green and definitely red. The last two bars in the colour gradients need to be black/close to black. The others should have colour in them though.

Did you try following this guide? It's a bit scary completely blacking everything out at the start, but does have amazing results.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/How_to_Correctly_Set_Up_Monitor_Colours_and_Brightness

yeah tried following that guide twice and I get lost early,
    Turn the screen pot down till you have a black screen.Done
    Turn brightness up to half way.By brightness does it mean the screen pot again?Or the pot on the remote board?

Master of the Universe

Set everything to zero. Brightness, colour cutoff and gain pots.

Then move the screen brightness knob up half way. (the one that controls how bright or dark your monitor is, doesnt have any affect on colour)

When you get to that stage, all the colour pots are still at zero so the colour gradients should be like this

Colguide_4_brightness.jpg

Once you have it at that stage, you bring each colour's cut off pot up so that the gradient stretches across (leaving the last bar black)

Master of the Universe

And I thought CPS2 boards were big :eek:

One of the guys over on AO just posted this up. I think it's a set of Paperboy PCBs?

2hhq69l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh don't fancy debugging that !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Christ! How even!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lolwut?

Master of the Universe

Ah, so it's an Atari system II board which I think are meant to be stacked?

Still, the individual boards are monsters!

ReturnOfTheJedi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Those are monsters!

Master of the Universe

And it's only to play something like Paperboy :D Imagine what Cave could do with a PCB that big.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Lads, how long did it take you to get a cab from the Netherlands? I cant remember how long my last one took. (I think a week?)

Been a week and a day now. Starting to get a bit antsy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lads, how long did it take you to get a cab from the Netherlands? I cant remember how long my last one took. (I think a week?)

Been a week and a day now. Starting to get a bit antsy!

Was just wondering had you got it yet. Wkend is getting close. :(

think it took 8 days for me!
    It might be in the canteen in Dublin port ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just finished the code for my new supergun, now supports NeoGeo/NES/SNES/Psx/Atari/SMS/Megadrive/Saturn/PC-Engine controllers and seems to work :)

Still a big ugly furball of wires so lots of work needed to prettyify it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Good lad Oisin..it's on it's way so.Mine took 7 days from Ronaldinio last time.
    Do the couriers deliver weekends?If not they is powering that bad boy up over the weekend in the name of curiosity, with no stepdown and blowin the f**k out of it:)
    On a side note has anyone got there hands on 100 yen yet?
    Was released yesterday

On a side note has anyone got there hands on 100 yen yet?
    Was released yesterday

Still debating on whether to get it. Pyongyang mentioned something about a possible extended version with additional interviews coming out later in the year. The trailer looked fairly decent for it.

Master of the Universe

Thanks lads! That's my mind put at ease! :)

Was only thinking of putting an order in for 100 Yen over the weekend. Think I'll wait if there's going to be an extended version.

Master of the Universe

Absolute filth of a picture posted over on AO. Something really lovely looking about the colours/composition.

file.php?id=6331&mode=view

Lovely looking cp on that.

Taito Type X Raiden IV is 31KHz so unless there's some trickery afoot, that can't be an original E2 monitor in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Taito Type X Raiden IV is 31KHz so unless there's some trickery afoot, that can't be an toriginal E2 monitor in there?

Good spot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Taito Type X Raiden IV is 31KHz so unless there's some trickery afoot, that can't be an original E2 monitor in there?

Jpac & pc using the TypeX Loader? Or would that still not work?

Looks nice!
    not mad on the pink stick tho!
    Enternow is right,must be a mame machine!

Master of the Universe

It looks like a 31k image. Maybe someone mounted a tri sync in an e2?

the E2 sign is a different colour than usual too

edit-might be instagramed

EnterNow wrote: »
    Jpac & pc using the TypeX Loader? Or would that still not work?

As long as the PC resolution is low enough then yep.
    It looks like a 31k image. Maybe someone mounted a tri sync in an e2?

Or it could be this instead.

Ah I was just curious really, my first thought was cool cab but how is IV running in it. Sure maybe the monitor that came in it was borked and just replaced with a tri-sync.

You'd want to be some sadistic person to remove a healthy E2 monitor just to play hi-res games.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Thanks lads! That's my mind put at ease! :)

Was only thinking of putting an order in for 100 Yen over the weekend. Think I'll wait if there's going to be an extended version.

The Blu-ray will have extra content if I remember correctly, I contributed to the Kickstarter thing for the Blu-Ray, the Digital copy was also included and I received that two days ago .
    I really enjoyed it with the first "Shmup" part as the highlight .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Can you buy a digital copy of it? need something to keep me in tonight.

Master of the Universe

Some woman just rang from a shipping company telling me I've a package arriving tomorrow from The Netherlands :confused:

Some woman just rang from a shipping company telling me I've a package arriving tomorrow from The Netherlands :confused:

Your cab I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

fear.jpg

Advertisement